Titansreports biggest pre draft mariota myths

MamlngEnvy

1 hour ago, efus50 said:

He lost his best offensive weapon early in the year and had an offensive line who refused to block for the first 6 weeks last year.

You do realize that our pass blocking was rated as some of the best in the NFL the first half of the season?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the one where we're and were are different words. I'm not usually that guy but c'mon man. 

My favorite is "Hell make others better."

The Seahawks don't want to pay Russell Wilson ...    That's my favorite.

8 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Abc: “Another Mariota bashing thread? Count me in. It’s been a day or two since I’ve said anything negative about him!”

It's better than criticizing one's grammer over the course of two pages.

I just get triggered by the "LINE SUCK.  RECEIVER SUCK.  COACH SUCK.  MARIOTA GOOD" crowd.

Edited by abc2330

Prior to the draft, Bill Polian said Marcus Mariota was the best pick.  He predicted Marcus would have an excellent career on his radio spot.

Hindsight is a waste of time.  Anybody can pick the Powerball numbers after the drawing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486571/article/wolf-prefers-jameis-winston-polian-likes-marcus-mariota

Polian -- who wisely chose Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf as the No. 1 pick in 1998 -- said he would lean toward Mariota.

"Very, very close. But I'd probably lean toward Mariota, as I said. It's closer than Manning-Leaf was. Way closer," Polian said. "More like (Kerry) Collins-(Steve) McNair in '95. With Mariota, I don't think playing from the pocket will be an issue; he did a lot of that in the eight or nine games I saw. And he didn't throw 18 interceptions, either. On 14 of (Winston's) 18 interceptions, Winston didn't see linebackers underneath or he zeroed in on the receiver regardless of coverage."

@8MM You must not believe in PFF because here are the rankings... We are #4 OL the first half of the season

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-9

We were consistently in the top 10 from what I could tell and by all accounts, it sure wasn't based on the run-blocking

31 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

@8MM You must not believe in PFF because here are the rankings... We are #4 OL the first half of the season

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-9

We were consistently in the top 10 from what I could tell and by all accounts, it sure wasn't based on the run-blocking

do you remember the Baltimore game?

25 minutes ago, efus50 said:

do you remember the Baltimore game?

So you think one bad game = the 6 that "refused to block for him"

Saying that the OL was hurting Mariota is not a winning argument for you. Give it a rest.

3 hours ago, abc2330 said:

It's better than criticizing one's grammer over the course of two pages.

I just get triggered by the "LINE SUCK.  RECEIVER SUCK.  COACH SUCK.  MARIOTA GOOD" crowd.

This was a garbage thread already. 

Id venture to say there are more of the “Mariota can’t do anything right” crowd than there are of the nuthuggers. 

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So you think one bad game = the 6 that "refused to block for him"

Saying that the OL was hurting Mariota is not a winning argument for you. Give it a rest.

We have had bad qb play.  Marcus is not the problem