NFL Network Mock Draft Live

charleytolar

Anyone watch this?

One of the graphics they showed was team rankings on each side of the ball. On Defense we were in the Top Ten for all four (?) categories and ranked in the Twenties on all the Offensive categories. That would seem to beg for an offensive draft.

Our pick was Hollywood Brown.

This board seems to lean heavy towards a defensive draft. I know the draft consists of more than one selection and I'd love to have numerous of these defensive players on our squad, but the argument that the TEs and the WRs on the roster should get better... does that not apply to the DL and the Edge players, too?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would be damn happy if our draft went like this.

Anyone watch this?   One of the graphics they showed was team rankings on each side of the ball. On Defense we were in the Top Ten for all four (?) categories and ranked in the Twenties on a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, charleytolar said:

Anyone watch this?

One of the graphics they showed was team rankings on each side of the ball. On Defense we were in the Top Ten for all four (?) categories and ranked in the Twenties on all the Offensive categories. That would seem to beg for an offensive draft.

This board seems to lean heavy towards a defensive draft. I know the draft consists of more than one selection and I'd love to have numerous of these defensive players on our squad, but the argument that the TEs and the WRs on the roster should get better... does that not apply to the DL and the Edge players, too?

Not a defensive draft.  A defensive first pick.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

At what point do they change out defense for offense? BPA should be a virtue in the 1st, shouldn't it?

To an extent, but DL or edge is a must.  JRob has shown so far, that he isn't a BPA guy in the first round.  Of course, now that we have a good corp maybe he transitions into BPA in the first.  But, unless all of their DL/Edge guys are gone by 19, I think that is where we are going.

6 hours ago, charleytolar said:

Anyone watch this?

Your observation is accurate but the reason most of us are rooting for a defensive 1st round pick is because we there being much more elite talent on the defensive side of the ball in this particular draft. Another factor is that despite not being very rich at the top, the later rounds should offer very good offensive talent that can come in and help us. I personally would like a draft like:

1.Defensive stud/Stud OG (if no defenders fall)

2. Speedy receiver

3. Best offensive player available aside from RB. 

I think Byron Murphy May be a dark horse at our pick. 

Only Jackson and Butler have contracts after this year. Ryan is coming off a broken fibula and Sims is in last year and Smith is coming off ACL. 

I dont think CB is talked about enough

5 hours ago, Tull said:

What would you rather have the 7th best DL or the 1st ranked WR?

You make a great point by huge exaggeration. There are solid players available in every round... fewer as each round goes by for sure, but I'd take a guy rated at 9.2 at a position of need rather than a guy rated 9.4 at a position where we are solid. Bottomline, it's what makes the team better. The disparity in those Offense vs. Defense team rankings is stark.

I just caught the beginning of the 2018 draft and Mayock scoffed at the Browns' pick of Mayfield because he had him rated as only the fourth best QB.

I'm not going to moan if we get one of the defense trench warriors because our defense was good in spite of our guys there, but the Round 1 pick is where you should get your most impactful player and, right now, our O needs it more than our D.

Did anyone see the notice about J-Rob being on GMF on the NFL Network at 7 AM tomorrow?

30 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Round 1 pick is where you should get your most impactful player and, right now, our O needs it more than our D.

So you want to draft for "need" at likely a position that won't even improve our starting lineup... Got it

Who's this 1st round offensive stud that will turn those stats around? 

2 hours ago, TitanTez said:

Both our lines have to be upgraded if we want to stand a chance of winning  the division. 

We've kind of upgraded the OL.  We have removed starters from the edge and replaced them with an old situational starter and a shaky rookie.

32 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So you want to draft for "need" at likely a position that won't even improve our starting lineup... Got it

Who's this 1st round offensive stud that will turn those stats around? 

In the first place, I said make the team better and the team is comprised of more than just the starting lineup. However, I do think that Hollywood Brown or either of the Iowa TEs or a couple of those interior OL would get huge playing time and considered "starters" if you need to be so narrow about it.

Hell, Josh Jacobs becomes RB 1-B and is way better than Dion Lewis. See, it's not that hard.

11 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

In the first place, I said make the team better and the team is comprised of more than just the starting lineup. However, I do think that Hollywood Brown or either of the Iowa TEs or a couple of those interior OL would get huge playing time and considered "starters" if you need to be so narrow about it.

Hell, Josh Jacobs becomes RB 1-B and is way better than Dion Lewis. See, it's not that hard.

It's about taking the best talent available, I can't take anything you say draft related because you said you'd rather take the lesser player at a position of need... That's an absolutely awful strategy and you must've never heard of free agency

7 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Your observation is accurate but the reason most of us are rooting for a defensive 1st round pick is because we there being much more elite talent on the defensive side of the ball in this particular draft. Another factor is that despite not being very rich at the top, the later rounds should offer very good offensive talent that can come in and help us. I personally would like a draft like:

1.Defensive stud/Stud OG (if no defenders fall)

2. Speedy receiver

3. Best offensive player available aside from RB. 

I wouldn't mind that draft IF the pieces fall into place and the talent warrants that, those positions are nowhere near barren enough to go in with those positions being specifically targeted