The Titans have the 11th highest need to draft a QB

Titans279

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% pure honesty:    I back Mariota and believe in him when he is healthy; HOWEVER, if JRob has a QB who falls into his lap, I will trust his judgement and back whatever QB he trusts. 

And the Mariota homers think that people on this forum are just trying to pick on their boy when people say there's maybe 6 or 7 teams who would be interested in Mariota as their starter

I don’t think there is any consideration to take a QB early regardless of who is available. 

46 minutes ago, HOTT said:

If the Cards take the Oklahoma kid the Titans might ought to try to prey Rosen away from them for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  He's the forgotten man in all this and has the tools needed.  Wouldn't make me mad at all if they bring him in.  Mariotta is just too damned injury prone. 

Titans aren’t giving up shit for Rosen. Teams in front think he’s better. If we’re going down in flames and Marcus sucks. Let’s get Lawrence. Only way we’re beating Luck.

If I was in JRob’s position, I would have been looking very closely at this year’s first-round QB prospects....and maybe he is,  for all we know.

But if he is, he’s done a spectacular  job of keeping it under wraps.

7 minutes ago, nine said:

If I was in JRob’s position, I would have been looking very closely at this year’s first-round QB prospects....and maybe he is,  for all we know.

But if he is, he’s done a spectacular  job of keeping it under wraps.

This is what I think is the case. No one saw the Tannehill trade coming. He could be quietly working on something. 

9 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

100% pure honesty: 

I back Mariota and believe in him when he is healthy; HOWEVER, if JRob has a QB who falls into his lap, I will trust his judgement and back whatever QB he trusts. 

Basically, I won’t be sad if Mariota gets let go because he just isn’t up to par and we roll with the QBOF. Whatever gets the Titans W’s. 

Here comes one of the last ones.  I think running that loop of Mariota's PSG#3® plays has started to work. 

xAmaySK.gif?noredirect

Edited by Number9
____

20 hours ago, big2033 said:

It's a shitty position to be in right now.

To be honest if Mariota lasts 14 games and has another mediocre season ... we likely still resign him.

We really could only move on if we have a high draft pick or the QBs in the next draft are so deep we can get one in the mid-first range.

The best scenario for this team is if Mariota lights it up or it's more waiting for this franchise.

Costello, Eason, Fromm, Herbert, Franks, Patterson, Stanley, Tua.  If you need to move on and your just good enough to not be in the top 10-15, next year is the year to do it.  Things will change between now and then and who knows how any of these guys will look with another year but there's probably 5 QBs coming out in the first round next year.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Costello, Eason, Fromm, Herbert, Franks, Patterson, Stanley, Tua.  If you need to move on and your just good enough to not be in the top 10-15, next year is the year to do it.  Things will change between now and then and who knows how any of these guys will look with another year but there's probably 5 QBs coming out in the first round next year.  

Stanley is someone to keep an eye on.  He's got a ton of potential.

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Exactly. We aren’t in a bad position relative to the situation at hand and how it could be much worse. The QB class is loaded next year. It’s why I still maintain the proper play is to trade back our first for as many future picks as possible, draft our RG and go from there. 

15 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Exactly. We aren’t in a bad position relative to the situation at hand and how it could be much worse. The QB class is loaded next year. It’s why I still maintain the proper play is to trade back our first for as many future picks as possible, draft our RG and go from there. 

Good chance you can get a good prospect without having to move into the top ten next year.  I think you have to give everything you can to Mariota's success this year and then worry about next year if that doesn't work out.  They won't have the capital to move up to 1 but they'll be able to move up if they want.  I'm not against a trade down if it makes sense but I'm not really digging the idea of trading down this year just to accumulate picks for a hypothetical situation next year. 

These developmental QBs drafted late in the draft almost never work out. 

The thing teams do now is throw everything at the position. The Eagles for example signed Chase Daniel, signed Bradford and then traded up for Wentz. 

I could see something like drafting a developmental QB this season, getting someone like Nick Mullins and then going all out to get a top prospect in next years draft. 

27 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Good chance you can get a good prospect without having to move into the top ten next year.  I think you have to give everything you can to Mariota's success this year and then worry about next year if that doesn't work out.  They won't have the capital to move up to 1 but they'll be able to move up if they want.  I'm not against a trade down if it makes sense but I'm not really digging the idea of trading down this year just to accumulate picks for a hypothetical situation next year. 

I’m not going to delve too deep into it, but as of now we have a pretty gaping hole at RG. Robinson has always filled those holes in the draft, so it’s pretty likely that’s what he’s thinking even if it isn’t necessarily the first round. 

I guess my real point is if we are going to take an IOL in the first then it should be by trading back. Unless there is a guy who blows you away at 19 I would seek out that route. And if we do trade back I want 2020 compensation, not 2019 picks. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

I like Haskins better than any QB in this Draft. For me, it would be very tempting to take him if he is sitting at 19. But with the class coming out in 2020, it would be hard to not see how it plays out with Mariota and take one in that Draft if necessary.