Sign in to follow this  
nine

All-22 for 22: Derrick Henry's 2018 season

japan   
2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Just more proof that there is very little point to trying to change peoples' opinions once they've set. 

What are we supposed to be missing on these tapes?

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

There is no reason to go back and watch it. Nothing was clearer than what happened and what the coaches thought, the meeting with Eddie and Henry's response. In fact Henry was brutally honest about himself throughout the whole season. 

The real question is will he pick up where he left off? 

Yep. 

nine   
7 hours ago, japan said:

What are we supposed to be missing on these tapes?

Fans form opinions based on television broadcasts shot from a single limited camera angle.  TV viewers can follow the ball...but the angle often makes it difficult or impossible to see plays develop and analyze individual player performance and the game's inner workings.     The television broadcast alone doesn't give all the information.   Fans like to believe they have an informed opinion....but the fact is, this is just an initial impression based on a partial and incomplete data set.    (This is why coaches and players are constantly saying "we'll have to wait until we've reviewed the film" in their post-game comments.   They understand all too well that initial impressions aren't necessarily accurate or reliable.)

All-22 footage offers two additional camera angles (overhead and end zone) to create a far more comprehensive data set.   These camera angles tend to be rather dry with minimal entertainment value....but what they lack in flash and excitement, they make up for with substance.   They capture every single player on the field and routinely show critical details that are missed by TV camera angles, which makes them much better tools for X's-and-O's analysis and assessment of individual player performance.  (Commonly referred to as "coaches' film",   this footage is rarely seen by fans....but coaches and players rely on them heavily for film study and scouting/grading purposes since they provide a far more comprehensive view than the TV angles.)

As far as what people missed:   these clips show exactly what happened on every single play at every position on the field with zero regard for any personal opinions, agendas, hype or criticism....they show absolutely everything that happened,  exactly as it happened.   

People can decide for themselves whether to review the film and get all the information....or perhaps a knee-jerk response to a partial first impression is all the information they need.   

5 minutes ago, nine said:

Fans form opinions based on television broadcasts shot from a single limited camera angle.  TV viewers can follow the ball...but the angle often makes it difficult or impossible to see plays develop and analyze individual player performance and the game's inner workings.     The television broadcast alone doesn't give all the information.   Fans like to believe they have an informed opinion....but the fact is, this is just an initial impression based on a partial and incomplete data set.    (This is why coaches and players are constantly saying "we'll have to wait until we can review the film" in post-game comments.   They understand all too well that initial impressions aren't necessarily accurate or reliable.)

All-22 footage offers two additional camera angles (overhead and end zone) to create a far more comprehensive data set.   These camera angles tend to be rather dry with minimal entertainment value....but what they lack in flash and excitement, they make up for with substance.   They capture every single player on the field and routinely show critical details that are missed by TV camera angles, which makes them much better tools for X's-and-O's analysis and assessment of individual player performance.  (Commonly referred to as "coaches' film",   this footage is rarely seen by fans....but coaches and players rely on them heavily for film study and scouting/grading purposes since they provide a far more comprehensive view than the TV angles.)

As far as what people missed:   these clips show exactly what happened on every single play at every position on the field with zero regard for any personal opinions, agendas, hype or criticism....they show absolutely everything that happened,  exactly as it happened.   

People can decide for themselves whether to review the film and get all the information....or perhaps a knee-jerk response to a partial first impression is all the information they need.   

I’m backing this because I find it funny that everyone wants to criticize and analyze the passing game to death, but not the other facets? 

OILERMAN   
27 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I’m backing this because I find it funny that everyone wants to criticize and analyze the passing game to death, but not the other facets? 

The running game was ripped to shreds last year

OILERMAN   
29 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Yep you’re acknowledging the question or yep he will? 

Concerning questions on the roster going into this year Henry continuing to play well is actually one of the things I have confidence in. I think he probably continues to play well, likely not the last month(not sustainable) but he'll likely run well. 

nine   
58 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Here's another interesting point:

Of the All-22 videos I posted for Henry, the two most-watched videos were weeks 1 & 2....two of Henry's worst games of the entire season.  These two videos account for almost as many views as the rest of the videos combined.    (Henry's record-setting Tecmo-Bowl performance against the Jags was a rather distant #3.)

A few weeks back, I also posted a series of All-22 videos showing every one of Mariota's sacks in 2018.     Of the videos I posted, the two most-watched by far were the one that included the 11-sack Ravens debacle and the video of weeks 11-12 where Mariota was sacked 10 times against the Colts and Texans.

Fans say they want players do well....but when reviewing and assessing player performance,  most of them look only at the very worst performances of the season.

And we wonder why there's so much negativity about these guys.

japan   
1 hour ago, nine said:

Fans form opinions based on television broadcasts shot from a single limited camera angle.  TV viewers can follow the ball...but the angle often makes it difficult or impossible to see plays develop and analyze individual player performance and the game's inner workings.     The television broadcast alone doesn't give all the information.   Fans like to believe they have an informed opinion....but the fact is, this is just an initial impression based on a partial and incomplete data set.    (This is why coaches and players are constantly saying "we'll have to wait until we've reviewed the film" in their post-game comments.   They understand all too well that initial impressions aren't necessarily accurate or reliable.)

I understand what All-22 is and how it differs from the tv broadcast. My question was more about, is this footage showing that Henry was really good in the first 3/4 of the season? That the team was off in attempting to bench him or putting him on the trading block?

OILERMAN   
Just now, japan said:

I understand what All-22 is and how it differs from the tv broadcast. My question was more about, is this footage showing that Henry was really good in the first 3/4 of the season? That the team was off in attempting to bench him or putting him on the trading block?

I was going to ask the same thing. Nine is wasting time with us peons, he needs to be sending this to the coaches, it appears they weren't watching the all 22! Eddie George also didn't know what was going on, he seemed to think Henry was playing himself out of the league and crazy Henry agreed!

50 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The running game was ripped to shreds last year

As it should have been. It’s just funny there is all-22 film and no one is really discussing the running game. 

OILERMAN   
4 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

As it should have been. It’s just funny there is all-22 film and no one is really discussing the running game. 

The running game became dominant down the stretch, the team added Stafford at LG. I think a lot of the running game concerns were eased based on those events. 

Besides that the running game is much less important than the play of the QB and the possibility of a very good defense. 

Soxcat   

Wow, we added Matt Stafford at OG.  Does he replace Saffold?

Bottom line is that the blocking wasn't very good early in the season (Walker going down certainly hurt) and basically Henry wasn't getting as many opportunities.  In fact on the 99 yard run against the Jags Henry is probably not even the RB on that play early in the season.  That is how screw ball the offense was early.  As the blocking picked up it was like we had a different running back.  Henry against the Jags and Giants looked like one of the elite RBs in the league.  And he is.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

The running game became dominant down the stretch, the team added Stafford at LG. I think a lot of the running game concerns were eased based on those events. 

Besides that the running game is much less important than the play of the QB and the possibility of a very good defense. 

I can agree with the first part. However, the concerns are if Henry can build on his success, which is kinda what the all-22 is highlighting. 

Are you sure its it’s much less important? You keep harping on how much the FO is saying they want to run the ball and be effective at that. If the run game is going to be a centric part of the offense... doesn’t that make it an important subject?