All-22 for 22: Derrick Henry's 2018 season

nine

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All-22 footage for every carry of Derrick Henry's 2018 season, week by week.   Since we're talking about 16 games, I chose not to embed the videos...just a link for each game.     

For what it's worth:  it's been my theory that Henry's early struggles were due more to poor OL play than poor RB effort or execution.    Not that Henry was great early in the season....but I felt his

Henry had 15 carries in "___ and 1" situations, and converted 13 out of 15.   I haven't checked the rest of the league...but I doubt many RBs matched Henry's  86% success rate in similar situations.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Bullshit excuse. People rewatch games all the time. 

Get a life.  Nobody cares how much work was put into having an opinion.

There is no reason to go back and watch it. Nothing was clearer than what happened and what the coaches thought, the meeting with Eddie and Henry's response. In fact Henry was brutally honest about himself throughout the whole season. 

The real question is will he pick up where he left off? 

On 4/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, OILERMAN said:

Gurley, Bell and Johnson are huge factors in the passing game. Henry is just a 1st and 2nd down RB who is almost exclusively a runner. 

All of the top RBs are dual threats so it's hard to find a good comp

Reports out of the offseason program suggest they are looking to use Henry a lot more in the screen game this season.

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Reports out of the offseason program suggest they are looking to use Henry a lot more in the screen game this season.

I think in the past Henry has been underutilized in the short passing game.  I see that Smith is thinking the same.  That's part of why it's good he's been around Henry and the rest of the team to know what they can do.  The key is always going to be unpredictability.  Defenses can't be always attacking the los.  

19 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

It would help with the predictability but they often say this type of stuff and it never materializes 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

He has gotten in the low teens in terms of receptions through 3 seasons

I thought you were referring to other running backs who the coaching staff wanted to get more involved in the passing game but nothing came of it.

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

I thought you were referring to other running backs who the coaching staff wanted to get more involved in the passing game but nothing came of it.

No, Murray and even Lewis last year were large parts of the passing game 

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Just more proof that there is very little point to trying to change peoples' opinions once they've set. 

What are we supposed to be missing on these tapes?

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

There is no reason to go back and watch it. Nothing was clearer than what happened and what the coaches thought, the meeting with Eddie and Henry's response. In fact Henry was brutally honest about himself throughout the whole season. 

The real question is will he pick up where he left off? 

Yep.