Should Democrats impeach Trump?

OILERMAN

It's just so sad watching the weak passive democrats get bullied by Trump and the GOP. How many times can you sit back and watch it happen. 

They so desperately want to find a reason to NOT impeach Trump and investigate Trump instead and run out the clock. But guess what, you ain't getting tax returns, you ain't getting documents and they are going to ignore your subpoenas. The WH don't play by the rules you idiots. 

Steve Mnuchin has now delayed getting Trump's tax returns for the 2nd time(The Dems actually let him put it off the 1st time!lol!!!!) and is now saying he'll think about it May 6th. All this after he said they'll never get his tax returns. 

After the Republicans impeached Clinton they picked up seats and won the presidency. Oh no!

Why the hell aren't they running constant PR to have Barr resign and showing the public how he lied about the Mueller report? Not a peep since the initial presser. 

So incredibly weak

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I go back to Obama late in his term when he decided to let McConnell threaten him about exposing Russia interference. Al Franken rolling over and resigning.    Democrats far too often lay ba

This goes to more than just the Mueller report. We know Trump was individual 1 in the Stormy Daniels pay off and he lied.    Trump gave his kids security clearances despite them failing the

Same thread. 45 minutes later...  

25 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

It's just so sad watching the weak passive democrats get bullied by Trump and the GOP. How many times can you sit back and watch it happen. 

They so desperately want to find a reason to NOT impeach Trump and investigate Trump instead and run out the clock. But guess what, you ain't getting tax returns, you ain't getting documents and they are going to ignore your subpoenas. The WH don't play by the rules you idiots. 

Steve Mnuchin has now delayed getting Trump's tax returns for the 2nd time(The Dems actually let him put it off the 1st time!lol!!!!) and is now saying he'll think about it May 6th. All this after he said they'll never get his tax returns. 

After the Republicans impeached Clinton they picked up seats and won the presidency. Oh no!

Why the hell aren't they running constant PR to have Barr resign and showing the public how he lied about the Mueller report? Not a peep since the initial presser. 

So incredibly weak

You have to remember that you're looking at this from the overall perspective and the presidential race.  Pelosi is worried about the house.  She's got several members in purple seats who will be up for reelection and she wants to hold onto power.  

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

So incredibly weak

Clinton wasn't running for reelection so the situations aren't really comparable. There is a real and completely justified fear that impeachment will push the middle back to Trump. Go after Trump in hearings but leave impeachment off the table. Pelosi knows what she is doing here. 

9 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Clinton wasn't running for reelection so the situations aren't really comparable. There is a real and completely justified fear that impeachment will push the middle back to Trump. Go after Trump in hearings but leave impeachment off the table. Pelosi knows what she is doing here. 

This. 

I think reasonable arguments can be made both ways but at the end of the day, when it comes to cold political calculus, I'll trust Pelosi instincts over mine or anyone on this board. 

10 hours ago, Soxcat said:

The Dems would be far better off moving more toward the middle and letting Trump's questionable behavior speak for itself.  More than likely we head to 2020 with the Libs pushing for impeachment and making fools of themselves as they nominate a communist candidate.  Good luck. 

Do you own and wear a MAGA hat? Serious question?

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Clinton was guilty of lying about a blow job. Trump is guilty of colluding with the Russians who attacked our elections and committed obstruction 10 times to cover it up. They are def not comparable. This doesn't even go into the other crimes and abuses of power. 

I don't think that oldschool, legal or anyone else not in the cult who's saying don't impeach him disagrees.  I think the fear is does it backfire?

I think we all know it's theoretically the right thing to do.  It should have been done two years ago.  That's not the point.

5 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

No.  The average American with a job and enjoying the robust economy is going to vote for Trump all day long 

So the economy was already booming when Trump took office and I guess who were pretty happy with Obama right?

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Not impeaching him will backfire

And what happens when he isn't convicted?

You know what he's going to say and what the cult will say.  "Vindicated."  "Witch hunt."  Something to that affect.  And it will look like the democrats are trying to get him out by any means possible even if you, me and all the non-cult members know that's not the case.  And those in the middle may be sympathetic towards Trump and vote for him.

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

And what happens when he isn't convicted?

The Republicans are exposed after all the evidence is out in plain site and they didn't convict. Same thing that happened to politicians who voted for the Iraq war. 

BTW, it's more than likely Trump is going to lose anyway regardless of Democratic strategy 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

The Republicans are exposed after all the evidence is out in plain site and they didn't convict. Same thing that happened to politicians who voted for the Iraq war. 

BTW, it's more than likely Trump is going to lose anyway regardless of Democratic strategy 

The average person who never turns on the news has no idea what's going on and may have heard the initial report that Barr said no collusion, no obstruction (even if Barr didn't specifically say "no obstruction").  They have no idea what Barr's role is and assume he's just an impartial attorney general.  Then the next thing they hear is that Trump was not convicted in the senate and therefore the impeachment efforts failed.  So if you're that average person who doesn't watch the news from, say, Michigan, what are you going to think?  "Oh, they're out to get Trump.  Give the guy a break!  I'm voting for him."  This person has no idea of anything going on with the Southern District of New York and has not heard anything about what's really in the Mueller report.

Do you really want to lose that potential voter?  To me the biggest way to get a voter like that is just continue to hammer home the facts of what the Mueller report actually said and all of Trump's other misdeeds, both as president and whatever else is being investigated in NY.  And continue doing that until November and hope to hell that the message gets relayed properly to enough people.  All the while reminding people about the shutdown (that's a story that I'd assume everyone heard about) and that Trump said he'd own it.

The big thing here is this has to remain in the news.  You can't give Trump any openings to nationally claim victory with a real reason that he may get sympathy votes.  Not getting impeached by the senate is probably the biggest way between now and then that Trump can pick up those votes.

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

At this point no one is flipping sides for or against Trump

You can't take that risk.  Like I said there's too much downside to doing it with the near certainty that Trump will not be convicted in the senate.