Should Democrats impeach Trump?

OILERMAN

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I go back to Obama late in his term when he decided to let McConnell threaten him about exposing Russia interference. Al Franken rolling over and resigning.    Democrats far too often lay ba

This goes to more than just the Mueller report. We know Trump was individual 1 in the Stormy Daniels pay off and he lied.    Trump gave his kids security clearances despite them failing the

Same thread. 45 minutes later...  

17 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

No. Absolutely not.

I will say right now - I don't care what is "right." This is big boy politics. There is no bigger political move than impeachment proceedings.

The House would successfully impeach him, but the Senate would not convict. Not even a majority would convict. Very very high probability the Senate vote would be along party lines, as would the House vote most likely. Might be a couple of defections either way in the House, but McConnell and the Republicans would hold the line in the Senate.

And it would be a disaster. Trump currently lacks an enemy. Mueller's work is done, and Trump wants to say the report exonerates him. So Mueller can't be the enemy any more. Hillary as an enemy is lame stuff.

Even without Trump, I think the public would naturally have sympathy for a guy who is totally unsympathetic. And Trump would love the attention and ability to dominate the headlines and drive the news, all the while knowing the outcome - no conviction in the Senate - is pre-ordained.

It would, IMO totally backfire on the Democrats, all but guarantee a second term for Trump, and maybe also lead to a loss of control of the House.

Pelosi is too smart to do this, and she won't.

Don't like Trump? Want him out of office? We have an election coming up. Go defeat him at the polls, because that's the only way he is leaving office.

What's right is not what this is about.  I think most of us know what's "right."

If it was about what was right this would have happened in early 2017.

22 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

We should take another lesson from Republicans. Look how they handled Obama. Everything that came up was "OMG this is the worst scandal in the history of the world and these guys are communist criminals and unamerican blah blah" but yet they never talked about impeachment. Because they knew it would be suicide.

Situation here is quite a bit different, but still, if we are taking lessons from the Republicans, how they handled Obama was pretty textbook. Shitty, but textbok.

That's exactly what I expect them to do. 

37 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

We should take another lesson from Republicans. Look how they handled Obama. Everything that came up was "OMG this is the worst scandal in the history of the world and these guys are communist criminals and unamerican blah blah" but yet they never talked about impeachment. Because they knew it would be suicide.

Situation here is quite a bit different, but still, if we are taking lessons from the Republicans, how they handled Obama was pretty textbook. Shitty, but textbok.

They didn't talk about impeachment because they knew nothing was there to impeach with.  The talking points had far more power.  

Democrats should bring the Mueller team in for questioning, so their thoughts are public record, and start submitting legislation to help the lower and middle class.  Republicans and Trump will block any such laws from seeing the light of day and will be focused on the "origins of the investigation".  

The people that will decide the next election don't care about impeachment or investigations.  They want the government to work for them.  3 elections, with a exclamation point on 2016, and it seems people still haven't figured this out.  

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

5 hours after Trump went on TV and said he wished the Russians would go find Hillary's email, they did just did that...

OH? 

Hillary's 30,000 missing emails have been found?

That's big news to everyone Justy.  The last anyone else heard they were Bleach-bitted into the nether regions of cyberspace.

So I don't think that's the case.  And if they were found, why haven't they been released?

If Putin and pals were so hellbent on defeating hillary and seeing Trump in the WH then where are they?

5 minutes ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

You can't have obstruction without a crime

I disagree, and so does legal precedent.

But that doesn’t change the fact that he still committed crimes. And he knew it. That’s why he said “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m fucked” when Mueller was appointed. 

1 minute ago, ben4titans said:

If you destroy evidence, even though no crime was found, you can be guilty of obstruction. It's not correct to say you can't obstruct without a crime.

Correct, but all these dumbass libtards think some horrible crime was committed.  How many times do we need to point out the wrong things Hillary has done from whitewater to the emails, and they never cared.  Instead they gleefully voted for her.  

Lol at impeachment.   Bill Clinton deserved impeachment much more than Trump, and the left fought that as well.

3 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Correct, but all these dumbass libtards think some horrible crime was committed.  How many times do we need to point out the wrong things Hillary has done from whitewater to the emails, and they never cared.  Instead they gleefully voted for her.  

A crime was committed by Trump. A few of them. And it’s only political realities that keep Trump from being impeached. 

3 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Lol at impeachment.   Bill Clinton deserved impeachment much more than Trump, and the left fought that as well.

Clinton got impeached for lying. Trump’s only saving grace was that his team knew he would lie under oath so they refused to let him testify. So he only lies not under oath, thus it isn’t illegal. 

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

No. Absolutely not.

I will say right now - I don't care what is "right." This is big boy politics. There is no bigger political move than impeachment proceedings.

The House would successfully impeach him, but the Senate would not convict. 

It would be done for political reasons. Trump is abusing power and his crimes are real. That’s the difference you and others are missing with Bill and Obama, their attacks were made up bull shit. 

Trump was damaged politically by Cohen’s testimony. An impeachment hearing with daily public testimony would be damaging. Trump get sympathy? No f-ing way. 

And no the senate likely wouldn’t vote to convict but they would have to put their name on not convicting and in the future that’s going to be bad. 

Think about the people who supported the Iraq war. Down the road being a Trump toadie will likely be more damaging. As more stuff comes out it’s going to get worse.

Whether he’s impeached is meaningless, the hearings and public evidence would go on right up until the election. 

They need to attack and stop with the constant bending over and taking it hoping things will change 

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

It would be done for political reasons. Trump is abusing power and his crimes are real. That’s the difference you and others are missing with Bill and Obama, their attacks were made up bull shit. 

Trump was damaged politically by Cohen’s testimony. An impeachment hearing with daily public testimony would be damaging. Trump get sympathy? No f-ing way. 

And no the senate likely wouldn’t vote to convict but they would have to put their name on not convicting and in the future that’s going to be bad. 

Think about the people who supported the Iraq war. Down the road being a Trump toadie will likely be more damaging. As more stuff comes out it’s going to get worse.

Whether he’s impeached is meaningless, the hearings and public evidence would go on right up until the election. 

They need to attack and stop with the constant bending over and taking it hoping things will change 

They're going to have the public hearings and testimonies anyway in the form of House investigations.

1 hour ago, TitanDuckFan said:

OH? 

Hillary's 30,000 missing emails have been found?

That's big news to everyone Justy.  The last anyone else heard they were Bleach-bitted into the nether regions of cyberspace.

So I don't think that's the case.  And if they were found, why haven't they been released?

If Putin and pals were so hellbent on defeating hillary and seeing Trump in the WH then where are they?

Within approximately five hours of Trump’s statement, GRU officers targeted for the first time Clinton’s personal office. After candidate Trump’s remarks, Unit 26165 created and sent malicious links targeting 15 email accounts at the domain [redacted] including an email account account belonging to Clinton aide [redacted.] The investigation did not find evidence of earlier attempts to compromise email accounts hosted on this domain.

8 minutes ago, Justafan said:
5 hours ago, Justafan said:

5 hours after Trump went on TV and said he wished the Russians would go find Hillary's email, they did just did that...

Except they didn't find them.  And they couldn't have found them at that point, as what was left of her original server and HDDs were supposedly in the hands of her tech people or the FBI, and had been taken offline.

The Russians didn't find hillary's emails, yet your statement leads one to believe they did.

Nobody did,... yet.

Except possibly the NYPD, who probably have copies of many of them from Weiner's confiscated laptop, who for some mysterious reason, no one wants to talk about any longer.

But it still  ain't the Russkies.