Rolltide   

Just curious why those church burnings were the front and center first thing on this thread? Some asshole burns down 3 churches. 3. He is arrested and charged with arson and hate crimes. So? The system worked and he won't be doing that again for a long time. What does those 3 churches have to do with the price of milk? Why was Jussie not in your litany about why America is a shit country? 

I never belonged to a racially exclusive church.  

Number9   
23 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Yes you have! You also threatened those 500,000 Denver kids! You support Trump and Trump =racism and violence. 

Really. 

21 hours ago, Number9 said:

I try to make a post for each of us to look in the mirror.  You look in the mirror and then come throw a rock at me.  This will only get better when we look inside to find solutions.  The next time you hear somebody talking about a violent action against people they don't like, man up and talk to them.  I stepped into a conversation last night where a black man was telling a bunch of whites how slavery was the fault of what they believed.  I said to him, this isn't the right place for that.  But, I speak in a tone that has no animosity.  I walk what I talk.  Now, I'm not walking into a klan rally and doing that.  But I want to reach you to look in your life and be part of a peaceful solution.

Each of us?

So I'm wrong when I read what you posted and think it seems slanted in a certain direction?

Number9   
19 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Just curious why those church burnings were the front and center first thing on this thread? Some asshole burns down 3 churches. 3. He is arrested and charged with arson and hate crimes. So? The system worked and he won't be doing that again for a long time. What does those 3 churches have to do with the price of milk? Why was Jussie not in your litany about why America is a shit country? 

I never belonged to a racially exclusive church.  

28 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Each of us?

So I'm wrong when I read what you posted and think it seems slanted in a certain direction?

Okay.  I don't mind being real.  When you hear somebody is burning down black churches, what group of people do you think they would have spent the most time around?   Did you see any of the Trump rallies where protesters were attacked?  What about protesters who stand outside abortion clinics, you ever see people attacking them?  But the reason I mentioned churches and schools is because those are the two latest incidences in America.  Those are also two places where people should have a right to feel safe.

Now you can try to reduce what I am saying to "repubs is bad angry people" if you like, but that will not begin to resolve the problem of growing angry, irreconcilable rhetoric that is happening in America.  

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Okay.  I don't mind being real.  When you hear somebody is burning down black churches, what group of people do you think they would have spent the most time around?  

Point is you're sitting here saying ppl who arent responsible for the shit you have a problem with need to look in the mirror. How do you expect ppl to react?

And why not point out most of the victims of parkland shooting and the Vegas shooting were white? 

Why do you seem to be making a horrific event more tragic when a black person is the victim as opposed to a white victim? Notice you didnt say white kids. You said kids. Sure, you point out a black church, but I dont see anyone running into a predominantly black school shooting kids. I dont see rap concerts being the target of a mass shooting. So you can continue to sit here and act as if the only fucked up planned attacks that happen, happen in black communties or establishments, but that's not the case and we all know it. 

Did you see any of the Trump rallies where protesters were attacked?  

Who instigated? Does that matter to you? Did you see the dozens of videos where Trump supporters are attacked? What's your point?

What about protesters who stand outside abortion clinics, you ever see people attacking them?

Yea, I have. Again, and? Some ppl choose to be violent. Whether they're a lefty, a righty, black, white or every damn color of the rainbow, each "group" has their own. 

But the reason I mentioned churches and schools is because those are the two latest incidences in America.  Those are also two places where people should have a right to feel safe.

But you went out of your way to say black churches and not white kids when they were the majority of the victims. Unless there was another school shooting I'm not aware of. However, had it been mainly a black school, you would have made sure to point out they were black kids, would you not?

Now you can try to reduce what I am saying to "repubs is bad angry people" if you like, but that will not begin to resolve the problem of growing angry, irreconcilable rhetoric that is happening in America.  

No, because it's coming from every side, race, sex, and angle you can think of. Only ignorance allows ppl to believe otherwise.

Btw, it was happening long before Trump even declared.

Yall can continue to try and pin it to Trump and his supporters, but you know that's total fucking BS. 

Didnt see you point out the Baltimore, Ferguson and other riots when you were telling ppl to look in the mirror. What made you leave those incidents out? 

And idk who you will be voting for or supporting, but if it's someone who supports full scale abortion, how you feel about acts that take innocent lives doesnt hold weight with me. 

43 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I’m busy right now. I’ll respond later. But you do know the 500,000 kids were overwhelmingly white. @JakePA_Titan  

I know nothing about that situation. The first time hearing was from Rolltides post. 

Number9   
3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I know nothing about that situation. The first time hearing was from Rolltides post. 

If you don’t know that much, you’re not even understanding the posting or the thread. I’m talking about people looking inside and seeing how the anger is rising in all of us. Highly abnormal violence is rising in America. 

I’m talking to you.  If l was talking to a black audience l would be talking about self hate and the low value being placed on black lives by black people. 

But don’t ask me to be dishonest. The political energy has become very unhealthy. 

If you don’t know that much, you’re not even understanding the posting or the thread.

Hardly. Your purpose for this thread is not about one incident. Thought you were being real?

I’m talking about people looking inside and seeing how the anger is rising in all of us. Highly abnormal violence is rising in America. 

I know how to control my anger. I'm not a violent person unless backed in a corner so nothing you're saying has anything to do with me. 

That's your problem. You think you're being spiritual and trying to touch ppl when I gaurentee most ppl in this forum arent out committing inconceivable acts against others. 

I’m talking to you.  

Again, that's your problem. 

If l was talking to a black audience l would be talking about self hate and the low value being placed on black lives by black people. 

There are black ppl in this forum and you didnt specifically call out me or white ppl in your OP. Now, it was obvious who you were targeting, which is why I spoke up. Its slanted. And when you speak on this type of shit and come with slanted views, its derived from either jealousy or hate. If it was sincere about any and all violence, making it about race wouldnt be necessary.

But don’t ask me to be dishonest. The political energy has become very unhealthy. 

And let me guess, it all started because of Trump and his supporters, right?

Number9   
26 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Hardly. Your purpose for this thread is not about one incident. Thought you were being real?

I know how to control my anger. I'm not a violent person unless backed in a corner so nothing you're saying has anything to do with me. 

That's your problem. You think you're being spiritual and trying to touch ppl when I gaurentee most ppl in this forum arent out committing inconceivable acts against others. 

Again, that's your problem. 

There are black ppl in this forum and you didnt specifically call out me or white ppl in your OP. Now, it was obvious who you were targeting, which is why I spoke up. Its slanted. And when you speak on this type of shit and come with slanted views, its derived from either jealousy or hate. If it was sincere about any and all violence, making it about race wouldnt be necessary.

And let me guess, it all started because of Trump and his supporters, right?

You are going back on ignore. You’re out of my league. 

You are going back on ignore. You’re out of my league. 

Some people have just allowed these ugly presumptions about the way anybody who disagrees with their point of view thinks and wants to act to be planted in their heads; it allows them to marginalize any opposing point of view that is contrary to theirs and dismiss it as being wrongly founded and thus rightfully ignored. Theirs is the only right way of thinking and the only hope is to achieve some complete ideological victory when the right way can then be imposed on everybody. Pragmatism and compromise be damned, our only hope is making sure our ideology triumphs in the end.

Number9   

I think most posters know me.  I often post this kind of stuff.  It might not help anything or help anybody.  Maybe it just helps me, but I'm a somebody too.  I know there are going to be some crazy people in families, you can't help individually.  At the same time there's an energy that connects us.  We walk in a room where everybody is laughing, we start laughing too.  We walk into a room where everybody is fussing and arguing?

People can change.  Look at the way the LGBT community has gone from outcasts to acceptance by more people than ever.  Lots of them were beaten and killed, but eventually a lot people decided to accept them as part of the community.  A big part of why that changed is more "straight" people started to express tolerance for others.  

Today, I am beating my little drum for more civility in the way we communicate with each other.  I have an associate/friend who's a big Trump supporter.  She says all the same things, locker room talk...  We had one of the most beautiful conversations the other day I have ever shared.  It was just a heart to heart sharing of compassion for others.  Life's about more than just who you vote for in an election.  

12 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

Some people have just allowed these ugly presumptions about the way anybody who disagrees with their point of view thinks and wants to act to be planted in their heads; it allows them to marginalize any opposing point of view that is contrary to theirs and dismiss it as being wrongly founded and thus rightfully ignored. Theirs is the only right way of thinking and the only hope is to achieve some complete ideological victory when the right way can then be imposed on everybody. Pragmatism and compromise be damned, our only hope is making sure our ideology triumphs in the end.

No idea what you're talking about. It's not about opposing his view. I agree with him. He's just a dumbsss in the way he went about it. 

His purpose was to talk about the anger in the world. There is too much. No doubt. 

His message would be bigger and more impactful if he didn't make certain victims to be more important than others and making certain ppl feel like the message is for them more than the community as a whole. 

Now, tell me, where did I disagree with his point?

I disagreed with his approach because it was trash and he isn't above anyone else's league the way he articulated it.