Notre Dame DL Jerry Tillery

Huston

I have this gut feeling that there are several teams that will jump to get him from 16 to 26.  It would be a great idea to get one of the FA still out there on a one year deal.  That would give Simmons time to fully recover.  He will be a wrecking force along with Casey for years to come.  That is, if his knee does recover well.

pro

With Tillery, I want to get over the bad character issues. But I can’t. Maybe trade up in 2. That is typically reserved for “big market” teams, and the Bungles.

Edited by GLinks

12 minutes ago, GLinks said:

That’s the gamble with Simmons. I say that because of how the board is about Conklin, and help or not, the mofo has an All-Pro under his belt already. The complaints on him are ridiculous. Lol, “good team” problems.

Yea people are excited about him now, but wait until the season starts and he's a non-factor early

23 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

I'm a lot less concerned with a DT being a little weird than a QB or some other positions. There are some weird dudes in the NFL. If he was a WR or CB no one would even bat an eyelash. That said I don't know anything about what makes this guy "weird" and you don't want a locker room distraction.

Could be an asset on the field and in the locker room. We got vegans. We might do better with some serial killers. 

Looks like his “off the field concerns” are that he’s intelligent and cares about politics. 

https://www.onefootdown.com/2019/2/16/18227836/jim-rome-is-impressed-by-notre-dames-jerry-tillery-and-his-off-the-field-issues-nfl-draft

I’m really impressed by this guy. We should grab him if he’s there at 19. He could be Haynesworth 2.0

16 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Looks like his “off the field concerns” are that he’s intelligent and cares about politics. 

https://www.onefootdown.com/2019/2/16/18227836/jim-rome-is-impressed-by-notre-dames-jerry-tillery-and-his-off-the-field-issues-nfl-draft

I’m really impressed by this guy. We should grab him if he’s there at 19. He could be Haynesworth 2.0

After reading a few articles about him, it sounds like that teams are worried they might have another Kap or Eric Reid on their roster.  But that's just public info, there could be a lot more that teams know about and fans don't.

4 hours ago, TitanTez said:

We need an elephant  on the DLine first and foremost. 

Our boys are getting moved around and we need a presence that will put an immediate stop to that shit.

I think that was more scheme related than anything, which isn’t to say we don’t need a dynamic guy to put next to Casey. We ran a ton of nickel, especially against some of the more high powered offenses even if they were in 21 or 12 personnel. You’re going to give up some yards on the ground when you run that type of defense regardless of your situation upfront.