CB Alterraun Verner To Retire A Titan

MIKE75

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sent him a tweet asking what happened last second with negotiations and how it was handled poorly and wish we kept him.    He messaged me with this

Jim Wyatt @jwyattsports 5h Former@Titan cornerback Alterraun Verner (@Alvern_1) will sign a one-day contract on Wednesday to retire as a Titan.      

i dont get this really.   Really liked him as a player, but what he played 4 years here? this retiring stuff should be for guys who spend a lot of time with a team

Posted Images

Always liked him. One of my faves during his time here. Couldve resigned him until Webster pissed him off during negotiations back in '14.

Webster thought wrong that the price would be too high but it wasnt high and tried to jump back in after doing or saying something that really pissed ATV off and ATV went ahead and signed wit the Bucs.

17 minutes ago, helimachoptor said:

i dont get this really.

Really liked him as a player, but what he played 4 years here?

this retiring stuff should be for guys who spend a lot of time with a team

Who cares? Is it affecting the divine and hallowed practice of...paperwork? Lol

Guy identifies as a Titan for life and gave us some good years. Let him have it.

1 hour ago, MIKE75 said:

Always liked him. One of my faves during his time here. Couldve resigned him until Webster pissed him off during negotiations back in '14.

Webster thought wrong that the price would be too high but it wasnt high and tried to jump back in after doing or saying something that really pissed ATV off and ATV went ahead and signed wit the Bucs.

This is not true. I spoke to Verner over Twitter DM and he told me that the team didn’t want to sign him and had other plans and that he wanted to continue being a Titan. 

Ill see see if I can copy it here

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

If he identified as a Titan for life he wouldnt have left

No one cares if he retires a Titan or not. And he isnt going to the HOF

It's funny it a stupid way. 

Simple way of looking at it. He didn’t want to leave. He wanted to stay. See above

Verner was a class act whom we should have kept. He wanted to stay here. He loved it here. He never got a full offer. He obviously wasn’t asking for the moon. 

We made a mistake and Webster likely said something to the media to downplay that he misjudged it and screwed up and could’ve kept him at 6-7/yr not the 9-10+ they expected it take. So they assumed it would be a starting point of 9+ a year and never made offers and then when it was reported after a few days of not signing that he wouldn’t be getting that much they likely made a lousy offer to save face and then a public statement to save more egg on the face

5 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They were absolutely right not to re-sign him

Plus that was the year we hired Whisenhunt, who brought in Horton as DC, and he ran a very aggressive man scheme that didn't help the corners much. It would've been a terrible match.

I liked ATV & he did a bunch of things well. He had great ball skills, he could really play the ball. He was an excellent run player & tackler. And he was tough & smart. He was absolutely a solid starting corner with us, his traits were perfect for zone heavy teams. But he would've been a train wreck playing off man. 

Then again he was a trainwreck in Lovie Smith's Tampa 2, so who knows.