NFL schedule to be released Wednesday April 17th At 8pm Eastern. (Update: Games beginning to leak)

heyitsmeallen

1 hour ago, titaninpgh said:

PFTcommenter is the only redeemable part of barstool. This is his alt account where he breaks news. He’s the only sports writer who can mock the Titans without triggering me 

I have tried to listen to them on Sirius Radio, but they never are saying anything that makes me interested enough to listen. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like all the games to be on at 12:00 on Sunday   And one thing that could be hurting them is their boring low scoring offense the last two seasons

Mariota had 228 yards and two TDs.   I swear to F'ing god we don't know what "offense humming" is in the NFL in 2019.   Our perception of offensive success is warped.

What team do you root for?

Posted Images

There's a lot of monkeys for the Titans to get off their backs this year.  They've never beaten Andrew Luck.  They've lost 2 straight to Buffalo, both losses coming in week 5, which is when they play them this year.  I couldn't tell you the last time the Titans won in Denver but it has to be sometime in the 80s or earlier.  While they did beat the Chargers 6 years ago they're I believe 1-11 against them since 1993, including the playoffs.  They haven't won a game in Houston since 2011.

On the other hand, the Titans are the only team never to lose a game in Carolina.

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The league wants more KC vs the Rams primetime games, they don't want the Titans and their 9-6 win and 13-12 loss

Yes that's all true.  But the Titans are always going to be at a disadvantage because they're a small market team.  I can guarantee you if the Giants/Cowboys/Packers/Raiders/Bears/Steelers, just to name a few, had the exact same team as the Titans with the exact same season last year and expectations of probably middle of the road this year you'd be looking at 3 prime time games, minimum.  In fact the Giants have 3 primetime games and you can't tell me the Giants are expected to have a better season than the Titans.  Maybe they will but I think their expectations are more top 5 pick in 2020 than competitive in 2019.

Edited by scine09

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Yes that's all true.  But the Titans are always going to be at a disadvantage because they're a small market team.  I can guarantee you if the Giants/Cowboys/Packers/Raiders/Bears/Steelers, just to name a few, had the exact same team as the Titans with the exact same season last year and expectations of probably middle of the road this year you'd be looking at 3 prime time games, minimum.  In fact the Giants have 3 primetime games and you can't tell me the Giants are expected to have a better season than the Titans.  Maybe they will but I think their expectations are more top 5 pick in 2020 than competitive in 2019.

Yea obv big time markets get prime time games, even bad teams. 

My first impression is 9-7 with a second place finish in the AFC South but some of that is just wishful thinking.  If Houston is good this year and Watson is healthy at the end of the season and making a push, it could just as easily be a 7-9 finish and miss the playoffs.  If Foles lights it up (I don't think he will), I could see a scenario where they win only 6 games with this schedule.  

Baker Mayfield, Andrew Luck, Nick Foles, Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Deshaun Watson.  They ain't winning most of those.  

And it’s not like we have many identifiable players except Lewan. You know you’re in trouble in the casual fan excitement category when an offensive lineman is your most identifiable player. Now if Henry continues to play like he did at the end of the year they things may free up a little. 

22 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Based on this schedule for the Titans to have a winning record Mariota has to play above expectations and some of these teams have to underform 

I think if Mariota plays well they can easily have a winning record and, more importantly, be a playoff team.

They're a talented team top to bottom.

It's going to hinge on Mariota and, more specifically, his health.

Edited by scine09