Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire

Starkiller

41 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Why wouldn't you suspect Muslims were involved in this?  They already had a planned attack by ISIS prevented in 2016.   Only stupid people like Starkiller wouldn't suspect them.   

Because I’m not racist.

Also, the local officials said it wasn’t.

The fire started at 6:50 p.m. local time, according to city fire officials, and quickly spread. 

The exact cause of the blaze was not known, but French media quoted the Paris fire brigade as saying the fire is "potentially linked" to a 6 million-euro ($6.8 million) renovation project on the church's spire and its 250 tons of lead. The Paris prosecutors' office ruled out arson and possible terror-related motives, and said it was treating it as an accident.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool - injecting Trump for no fucking reason, and jumping immediately to the conclusion it was the work of saboteurs. Solid work.

I can't even crack jokes about a tragedy without it devolving into this crap 

Must have been a Muslim-made short circuit!

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Because I’m not racist.

The fire started at 6:50 p.m. local time, according to city fire officials, and quickly spread. 

The exact cause of the blaze was not known, but French media quoted the Paris fire brigade as saying the fire is "potentially linked" to a 6 million-euro ($6.8 million) renovation project on the church's spire and its 250 tons of lead. The Paris prosecutors' office ruled out arson and possible terror-related motives, and said it was treating it as an accident.

Wanna buy a bridge?

Cheap?

PS: "Muslim" is a religion, not a race.

very likely some french construction worker was just disposing of le cigarettes at the wrong place. 

good news is.. early reports are that the damage is much less than it appeared when in flames. a couple of the windows are saved and the internal structure isnt really all that fucked. further, because of the reconstruction, most all of the priceless and religiously important relics had been removed already and are saved. 

21 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Happens less often than an innocent child in the hood getting hit by a stray bullet. 

Yall dont care about polarizing those stories though.

Oh I forgot, only children yall care about are from the deep south. 

huh?

i think you'll find that many democrats are for gun control... which would seem like a sensible solution to both stray bullets and scaredy pussy gun owners shooting kids for accidentally knocking on the wrong doors. 

5 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Why wouldn't you suspect Muslims were involved in this?  They already had a planned attack by ISIS prevented in 2016.   Only stupid people like Starkiller wouldn't suspect them.   

No one died, so it couldn't have been Muslims.

16 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Yeah, Newsweek is not to be trusted.

They're almost as hyperbolic as you guys.

Wow, the Newsweek article from last month predicted the Notre Dame fire? I'm happy to pretend like this never happened.

16 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Well, the numerous cases of desecration and arson Newsweek's article mentioned were started by someone.

So, any chance it was Mormons?  Presbyterians?  Atheists?  Muslims?  Planned Parenthood?

I mean, I suppose we could flip a coin if it would make you feel better.

Or, we could apply some logical though processes and eliminate the likelihood of some perpetrators based on how most current religions preach about violence towards other religions and their followers.

Of course that wouldn't include atheists,...

First of all, quit being fucking coy. You're not as cute as you think you are. If you think Muslims started the past fires, that's fine. I have no idea, and didn't even know about them. Is there proof Muslims started them? Because there are plenty of people in France that just don't like religion period, and folks are all stirred up there. But whatever.

What I am not going to let you do is wriggle off the hook by focusing on the past fires. You came rushing breathlessly into this thread, while the fucking Notre Dame is up in flames, to make some unhinged, baseless shit-stirring post linking this to past fires and boogeymen.

Y'all please don't throw gas on the fire Duck is trying to start here. This thread is about the Notre Dame cathedral, not scary Muslim boogeymen or terrorism. There is no evidence this was started by Muslims or terrorists, or even intentionally at all. NONE.

Duck couldn't wait to stir the pot and y'all have easily taken the bait. We have plenty of threads about Muslims and terrorists. The story of Notre Dame concerns neither of them, at least until there is some sort of evidence. I haven't even seen any legitimate source speculate that it is intentional.

So please don't let Duck have his way here. If we can just have one thread where we don't let a race-baiters and bigots and conspiracy theorists ruin, that would be awesome.

11 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Because I’m not racist.

Muslim terrorists have already tried to attack the cathedral, so saying it is racist to suspect it could be them again is quite libtarded of you.  

And just as you posted, they don't know what caused the fire.   It could very well be terrorist related or simply an accident.  

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

Y'all please don't throw gas on the fire Duck is trying to start here. This thread is about the Notre Dame cathedral, not scary Muslim boogeymen or terrorism. There is no evidence this was started by Muslims or terrorists, or even intentionally at all. NONE.

Duck couldn't wait to stir the pot and y'all have easily taken the bait. We have plenty of threads about Muslims and terrorists. The story of Notre Dame concerns neither of them, at least until there is some sort of evidence. I haven't even seen any legitimate source speculate that it is intentional.

So please don't let Duck have his way here. If we can just have one thread where we don't let a race-baiters and bigots and conspiracy theorists ruin, that would be awesome.

Reality.

It is a bitch sometimes.

But ignoring it by being politically correct doesn't make it go away.

spacer.png