Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire

Starkiller

36 minutes ago, Alzarius said:

I bet I've seen 50+ comments already blaming this on Muslim terrorist

It's not absurd. Some people really think this way.

Well, the numerous cases of desecration and arson Newsweek's article mentioned were started by someone.

So, any chance it was Mormons?  Presbyterians?  Atheists?  Muslims?  Planned Parenthood?

I mean, I suppose we could flip a coin if it would make you feel better.

Or, we could apply some logical though processes and eliminate the likelihood of some perpetrators based on how most current religions preach about violence towards other religions and their followers.

Of course that wouldn't include atheists,...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool - injecting Trump for no fucking reason, and jumping immediately to the conclusion it was the work of saboteurs. Solid work.

I can't even crack jokes about a tragedy without it devolving into this crap 

Must have been a Muslim-made short circuit!

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Well, the numerous cases of desecration and arson Newsweek's article mentioned were started by someone.

So, any chance it was Mormons?  Presbyterians?  Atheists?  Muslims?  Planned Parenthood?

I mean, I suppose we could flip a coin if it would make you feel better.

Or, we could apply some logical though processes and eliminate the likelihood of some perpetrators based on how most current religions preach about violence towards other religions and their followers.

Of course that wouldn't include atheists,...

In America, most churches are burned down by Christians. On the other hand, Notre Dame isn’t a black church...

Edited by Starkiller

11 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

In America, most churches are burned down by Christians. On the other hand, Notre Dame isn’t a black church...

Last time I checked this wasn't taking place in America.

Are your "sources" telling you something different?

ROFL

23 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

50+ comments. Really backs up stars opinion that plenty feel that way.

There are ppl that really think 9/11 was the government's doing. 

And?

Ppl dont fear that the next Muslim they run into in the street is going to murder them. That's fucking beyond ignorant. That is the basic mindset of what SK was getting at. 

It's not just this story.

I belong to several religious feeds that most here wouldnt touch.  

I'm Catholic and every time the Pope mentions getting along with Muslims, the feeds are littered with the same typed of comments.

"They just want to kill us"

I also work in a mom and pop shop where a large portion that come in, are religious. I hear passing by comments weekly.  Last week I had to listen to a guy go on and on for 10 minutes about how God us going to come lay waste to all Muslims because of their violence.

I'm not trying to  put a number or percentage on it but there are plenty of people who feel this way about them. It may be less than Starkiller believes and more than you  believe but they still exists in large enough numbers to be noticable.

4 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Even restored it would never be the same. Everything burning is 850 years old. You can't replace that. Very sad.

The spire held several very old relics. 

I've read that they got a lot of artwork out as well as some relics out and as of now, they are still trying to save some "in the back of the church"

I wont argue whether they are authentic or not, but at least one that is believed to be authentic dates all the way back to Constantine.

9 minutes ago, Alzarius said:

The spire held several very old relics. 

I've read that they got a lot of artwork out as well as some relics out and as of now, they are still trying to save some "in the back of the church"

I wont argue whether they are authentic or not, but at least one that is believed to be authentic dates all the way back to Constantine.

That is just unreal. As far as things being authentic or not, there is always a chance that originals were locked up at a more secure location as a precaution from something like this happening.

23 minutes ago, Alzarius said:

It's not just this story.

I belong to several religious feeds that most here wouldnt touch.  

I'm Catholic and every time the Pope mentions getting along with Muslims, the feeds are littered with the same typed of comments.

"They just want to kill us"

I also work in a mom and pop shop where a large portion that come in, are religious. I hear passing by comments weekly.  Last week I had to listen to a guy go on and on for 10 minutes about how God us going to come lay waste to all Muslims because of their violence.

I'm not trying to  put a number or percentage on it but there are plenty of people who feel this way about them. It may be less than Starkiller believes and more than you  believe but they still exists in large enough numbers to be noticable.

You're right Al.

https://www.encounteringislam.org/misconceptions#5

Most Muslims are moderate, pious people who suffer more from terrorism and violence than non-Muslims. Ninety-three percent of Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism.

So only 7% support extremist views.

However, there are 2.25 BILLION Muslims in the world.

http://muslimpopulation.com/World/

So doing the math, roughly 157,000,000 (Million) or about half the population of the United States.  That's about how many Muslims there are who support the violent tenets of Islam.

Maybe some of those people's fears are warranted.  I mean, how much blame can you assign to them with numbers like that?

Would you argue that 157 Million is an insignificant number of people?

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm guessing it's one of the many minors sexually assaulted within the Catholic church striking back 

Shut up OMan, you’re just frustrating the board tard more. I guess there are certain things a Methodist preacher won’t fuck either.

5 minutes ago, Denali said:

First, the Notre Dame women's basketball team was on fire in making the NCAA finals, and now the church is on fire. 

He doesn’t seem to want to talk about you either Touched The Tard. Just what are you hiding? Believe me, I’ll find out.

4 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

50+ comments. Really backs up stars opinion that plenty feel that way.

There are ppl that really think 9/11 was the government's doing. 

And?

Ppl dont fear that the next Muslim they run into in the street is going to murder them. That's fucking beyond ignorant. That is the basic mindset of what SK was getting at. 

Sure they do. Just like some folks short black people for knocking on their door. 

3 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Maybe some of those people's fears are warranted.  I mean, how much blame can you assign to them with numbers like that?

Would you argue that 157 Million is an insignificant number of people?

I think location means a lot. 

People in Nigeria, today, have every reason to be concerned.

People in Tennessee on the other hand, have much less to be concerned about. (Especially in my small town)

I wouldn't say its insignificant, thats not what I am trying to say. I would say you're more likely to be hurt by your neighbor when you step out of the door or a car crash  than some Islamic terrorist. 

I have not left my house once thinking "I need to be careful because some terrorist may get me today"

Now tomorrow my store will be bombed and itll be all your fault