Sign in to follow this  
Rolltide

Average white voters.....trends?

Rolltide   

Some democrats are obviously conscious of a problem here which is why Joe Biden is so important to their chances but many seem to be deaf to the problem. Democrats looking at the last 2 elections have an obvious problem with average white voters. How will they turn that around? I brought many of these issues up on other threads so I thought a thread dedicated to it would suffice. 

What do I mean by an average white voter? I'm talking about white voters who are not ideologically entrenched into either party. So perhaps 50% of white voters who will not identify in polls as hard core liberal or conservative. Not hard core left or right. Not wealthy or poor. Working class and middle class voters. 

Some trends..

Phil Bredesen. Phil won 2 state wide elections in 2002 and 2006 as governor. The 2006 reelection bid was a massive landslide where he won more than 2/3 of the vote and all 95 Tennessee counties. In 2018 he lost a bid for the senate seat of Bob Corker to Marsha Blackburn by over 10 pts and only carried 3 Tennessee counties. 95 counties to 3. Remember that while Tennessee is a red state it does elect moderates state wide. Corker, Lamar Alexander and Don Sundquist along with Bredesen.  All moderates. What changed?

Wisconsin 2016. After voting democrat in every election since 1988 Wisconsin turned and voted for Trump in 2016. Wisconsin is 81% white. They did not just turn against Hillary they also rejected Russ Feingold's bid to be a senator again by a 3.2% vote. Now democrats can be hearted by Scott Walker's 2018 loss in a close race in 2018 but Walker was running for a third term. Wisconsin seems to have turned light red.  

Missouri. Normally a red state Missouri will elect democrats and RINOs to state wide office. Missouri is 79% white. Missouri voted down their sitting US senator by 6% of the vote in 2018. Here the Kavanaugh effect was significant among those average white voters. 

Indiana. Democrats lost badly in 2 straight senate races in 2016 and 2018. The Bayh family is the most recognized political family there. Evan was a 2 term US senator from 99-2011. His father was a three term US senator who once ran for president. When Evan tried to win the seat back for democrats in 2016 he was defeated by 10 pts. In 2018 Indiana rejected a sitting Democrat senator, Joe Donnelly by 6%. 

So what caused some states to become more red? 2 things I would identify. 

1. The Obama effect. Obama ran as a uniter and after 8 years we were obviously more divided by race. Amazingly 8 years of a black first family made blacks more pissed off. I think some average voters were a bit turned off by the over emphasis of Obama's skin color vs his policies and there was definitely some push back to this idea that if you criticized him you must be a racist. I think many white voters were a bit tired of hearing how they did not matter as much. 

2. Ideology. Obama was obviously a bit left of the average white voter and the democrat party has gone full Kirk Lazarus retard now. No democrat presidential candidate has even tried to reach out to working class white voters. These voters will push back when they are told they are privileged and responsible for the failure of others.  Calling all Trump supporters deplorable does not help and acting like you are more concerned about Central American nationals then average American voters will not appeal to these people. 

Edited by Rolltide

Rolltide   

3.4 million Gary Johnson voters. 

Gary Johnson got 1 million votes in 2012 and 4.4 million votes in 2016. Who are those 3.4 million voters and where will they likely go if things return back to the norm? 2012 is the norm for a libertarian candidate. 

Obviously these votes reflect a distrust of Trump 2 years ago. If they liked Hillary they would have voted for her. These voters are overwhelmingly white, pro business and not libtard. They are registered voters who vote. They are not likely to vote democrat! I think most of those 3 million votes will go to Trump in 2020. They will like the economy, they will like most of Trump's economic and energy policies and they will like that we are not fighting some retarded war. 

In 2016 Trump and Gary Johnson combined for more votes than Hillary and Jill Stein combined. Stein only got 500,000 votes so you can't say the Greens hurt the dems this time. 

Rolltide   
4 hours ago, T-RAC said:

For a guy that criticizes Democrats for being overly fixated on race, you seem...

overly fixated on race.

How is that? Because I have the capacity to think and see an issue with a very large voting block? What would you call these voters? 

Rolltide   

Bernie Sanders recognizes the problem, the issue so he is in Bethlehem Pennsylvania doing a town hall. Problem with Bernie all he has to offer is wealth envy and higher taxes on the rich. This is not a group of people asking for handouts. 

Would like his plans for producing jobs I'm open to populist ideas but Bernie never employed anybody and hates profits. 

FYI the unemployment rate in Bethlehem is down 20% since Trump took office from 6.1% to 4.9%. 

10 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Bernie Sanders recognizes the problem, the issue so he is in Bethlehem Pennsylvania doing a town hall. Problem with Bernie all he has to offer is wealth envy and higher taxes on the rich. This is not a group of people asking for handouts. 

Would like his plans for producing jobs I'm open to populist ideas but Bernie never employed anybody and hates profits. 

FYI the unemployment rate in Bethlehem is down 20% since Trump took office from 6.1% to 4.9%. 

Bernie would have people believe the only reason the rich are rich, is because the poor are poor.

Rolltide   
15 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Bernie would have people believe the only reason the rich are rich, is because the poor are poor.

Yep the only scenario they believe in is where everybody is poor and miserable. 

Rolltide   

This voting block of approx 35% of voters who loved Reagan but also voted for Clinton and Obama matters in national and state elections. Do you think they have the Gavin Newsom view of immigration or the Cher view on immigration that we should be more concerned about our own right here?

Do you think these voters are impressed by concepts like white privilege or being told that Honduran and el Salvadoran nationals are better than they are?

The Gavin Newsoms and Betos are telling us that white America is responsible for the poverty in those other countries!! That we need massive aid to help those people. 

They call you deplorable but still want your vote!