What happened to Ansah? What’s with Suh?

kyle021

Ziggy was a big ticket FA last year before the tag. This year he is unsigned. 

He will get a one year prove it deal. 

Whats the reason though? He’s very talented. Injuries and inconsistencies?

i think we should give him a look. 

Why not offer Suh a two year deal? Even a one year deal? Is he waiting to return to the Rams?

Teams are waiting to see how the draft pans out before committing money to these guys.  They'll go after their targets and if they can't fill those needs in the draft or if someone gets hurt, that's where these veterans will get an opportunity.

Vets are just too expensive and rookies just too cheap in today's NFL to waste money on a free agent unless it's a clear upgrade filling a need long-term that you're willing to overspend on.  

Plus, a lot of older vets aren't crazy about camp and so are happy to sit around and wait for a while, hoping there's an injury somewhere late like what happened with Vacarro last year.  

I wouldn't pay Suh a lot.  I think he got going great in 2018 because of the teams success.  We would only get his best if we were having a great season.  Pay him with incentives.

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

I wouldn't pay Suh a lot.  I think he got going great in 2018 because of the teams success.  We would only get his best if we were having a great season.  Pay him with incentives.

Agreed.  Suh is overrated and aging.  

There’s a lot of OLB/DE/DT left available in FA still. Several quality players worthy of short term deals.  There will be one more when Tampa let’s their guy go.  

Most everyone is just waiting now till after the draft and then they will start signing. 

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Suh made a nice late run but overall was average

Did he though? Or only if you look at sacks and pressures? Meaning was he mostly just used to take up blockers to free up Donald? Not sure how that'd show up in the stat line. Not saying he played well or poorly, just that I don't really know.

4 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Isn't the draft supposed to have a number of good prospects at his position?

I think so but I haven't looked much beyond the 1st round like Lawrence. 

6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Isn't the draft supposed to have a number of good prospects at his position?

Exactly what Peter King said this morning. The draft is stocked on the DL so teams are now going to wait until after the draft to make any further DL signings. 

Archived