freakingeek

Preds take game two, even series with Stars

Preds played a complete game last night at Bridgestone and evened the series 1-1. These two teams are very evenly matched and I suspect every single game to be a one goal game and the series to last at least 6 games. So far we have Tampa with the best record and most potent offense in the league losing the first two at home to the Blue Jackets who barely got in. We have St. Louis beating the Winnipeg Jets twice on their home ice to take a 2-0 lead.  We also have Barry Trotz's Islanders up 2-0 in their series with the Penguins.  All other series are tied 1-1. Winnipeg does not look as dominant as last year. Columbus and St. Louis look like they are peaking at the right time. The field looks very even to me in this years cup. I thought it could be Tampa's year to win the cup but being down 2-0 and heading to Columbus for the next 2 games is a tough spot to be in. They are going to have to pull a rabbit out of their hat to move on.

As for the the Preds, they desperately need their second and third lines to produce some points. Dallas' defense is just too tight. We have to play physical and have to create chaos in front of Bishop to win this series. If they move on to round 2 it'll be because of their defense. It's who they are. 

Edited by freakingeek

17 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

What is up with Tampa Bay? How do you win 62 games then fall behind 0-3 in the first round? At least the Islanders are up 3-0 themselves! :biggrin:

That's a shocker. I thought they would in the finals. What a fantastic year they had and it'll leave a bitter taste in their mouths if they get swept. Columbus has been playing well for a month or two. I was at the game they beat the Preds a few weeks ago and they looked really good. 

On 4/14/2019 at 1:58 PM, heyitsmeallen said:

Hopefully they can take this next game in Dallas And really flip the momentum in their favor. 

I never liked the Stars ever since they moved there from Minnesota, so I hope the Preds can win the series.

10 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Last night was a big step!

Dallas had 89 shots last night. 40 of them on goal. Pekka Rinne looked like the Vezina Trophy winner that he is. That save he made on Benn in the 3rd period was sick. He made 4 consecutive saves in a matter of a couple of seconds. Preds finally played some desperate defensive hockey and did it all three periods. We got two goals from the 3rd and 4th lines. It was a winning recipe.

2 hours ago, freakingeek said:

Dallas had 89 shots last night. 40 of them on goal. Pekka Rinne looked like the Vezina Trophy winner that he is. That save he made on Benn in the 3rd period was sick. He made 4 consecutive saves in a matter of a couple of seconds. Preds finally played some desperate defensive hockey and did it all three periods. We got two goals from the 3rd and 4th lines. It was a winning recipe.

Yeah he was straight locked in. That 3rd period save was insane. 

Wow, The Blue Jackets swept the Lightning, the Islanders swept the Penguins and Vegas is up 3-1 on San Jose. The East is wide open but Columbus is red hot. Hopefully Winnipeg and St. Louis beat the crap out of each other and the series goes 7 games.