Preds take game two, even series with Stars

freakingeek

3 hours ago, Downtown said:

Preds just took their foot off the gas too early in the season. They look slow and under-conditioned out there. 

They have not played with a sense of urgency. IF they were to get by Dallas, the Blues would kick their ass. I'm very disapointed in their effort. We have no home ice advantage any more. If I was Poile I'd be asking Lavi wtf happened?

Edited by freakingeek

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, The Blue Jackets swept the Lightning, the Islanders swept the Penguins and Vegas is up 3-1 on San Jose. The East is wide open but Columbus is red hot. Hopefully Winnipeg and St. Louis beat the cr

Its crazy how poorly the favorites have done this year. if the caps lose tomorrow all 4 division winners will be out in the first round. 

That was a piss poor series by the preds. I couldn’t give a shit about baseball or the NBA playoffs so it looks like my sports season is over until Football comes back. 

2 hours ago, freakingeek said:

They have not played with a sense of urgency. IF they were to get by Dallas, the Blues would kick their ass. I'm very disapointed in their effort. We have no home ice advantage any more. If I was Poile I'd be asking Lavi wtf happened?

....and the Trotz is rollin’  

Lavi might not survive this lackluster 2nd half of the season and early exit. 

I'll be curious to see what transpires after this truly awful exit from the playoffs. No doubt Pekka will never win a Stanley Cup, but the team as a whole had regressed and moved further away from winning a championship. The defense, offense, and goal tending are no where near the former Cup contending Preds we knew. And how about that power play??

I imagine heads are going to roll after this one, and expect to see some significant changes in the off season.

17 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

I'll be curious to see what transpires after this truly awful exit from the playoffs. No doubt Pekka will never win a Stanley Cup, but the team as a whole had regressed and moved further away from winning a championship. The defense, offense, and goal tending are no where near the former Cup contending Preds we knew. And how about that power play??

I imagine heads are going to roll after this one, and expect to see some significant changes in the off season.

If they played the whole series like they played last night they'd be moving on. That's on Lavi. I'm sure Poile is not a happy camper. No sense of urgency until the elimination game. I've had season tickets since 2004. They were begging people to come to games then. So I bought a half season package (25 games).  So last year after the run to the finals, instead of giving me the right to buy my seats for the playoffs, (which I did every single year I had tickets) they decided that since I "only" have a half season package, I should only get to buy 1/2 of the playoff tickets. That way they could jack up the price 2 or 3 times higher than face value and sell them online, so for this year's playoffs I was told I could only buy my seats for the 1st and 7th games of the Dallas series. I only saw one game which they lost. It pissed me off. I never missed a home playoff game. So I told them they could stick my half season package up their ass and didn't renew for next year. Wait until they have a few down years and we'll see how many people hang with them like I did.

Edited by freakingeek

27 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I've had season tickets since 2004. They were begging people to come to games then. So I bought a half season package (25 games).  So last year after the run to the finals, instead of giving me the right to buy my seats for the playoffs, (which I did every single year I had tickets) they decided that since I "only" have a half season package, I should only get to buy 1/2 of the playoff tickets. That way they could jack up the price 2 or 3 times higher than face value and sell them online, so for this year's playoffs I was told I could only buy my seats for the 1st and 7th games of the Dallas series. I only saw one game which they lost. It pissed me off. I never missed a home playoff game. So I told them they could stick my half season package up their ass and didn't renew for next year. Wait until they have a few down years and we'll see how many people hang with them like I did.

In a certain sense, that seems fair.  They should give you first option at face for your same seats.  That way seats 5a/5b would cost half a season plus playoff games.  The tricky part is picking which half seat holder gets which playoff game.  Five game, six game or seven game series would be impossible to divide equally in advance.  OR, they should do what it seems they have been doing.  Sell playoff tickets to half season ticket holders.

The Titans were scalping tickets and the Preds do as well.  There's a lot of ins and outs to making money in pro sports.  The have to play every angle so it win win for them.

It sounds like Lavi's seat may be getting warm. A friend of mine seems to think that he may be asked to fire and replace all his assistants or else...who knows. Looking at the season, especially the second half, it is hard to believe the Preds even won the division.

I find myself wondering if the Preds will even make the playoffs next year, let alone contend for the Stanley Cup?

15 hours ago, oldschool said:

Its crazy how poorly the favorites have done this year. if the caps lose tomorrow all 4 division winners will be out in the first round.

It's just the opposite in the NBA right now. The top 4 seeds are 27-7 so far with Denver about to make it 28-7. The Caps will beat the Canes.