Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Mariota Convenes the Receivers

big2033   
3 minutes ago, japan said:

You mean the Nike people. 

And himself.

You guys really think 10-15 pounds would help him absorb hits on his elbow better? Mariota doesn't dodge rushers and he has never broke tackles. I think this is a placebo.

Drew Brees doesn't need to "bulk up" Drew Brees is just really good.

Edited by big2033

OILERMAN   
2 hours ago, Justafan said:

That's what I always say about airborne infantry but no one ever believes me!

I was in the Airborne as well but communication 

Justafan   
12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I was in the Airborne as well but communication 

You were 82nd, right?

You know all the cliches!  Why would you want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?! blah blah blah.  

Edited by Justafan

Justafan   
Just now, OILERMAN said:

No, I was actually at the 18th Airborne corp 

image.thumb.png.2ba9cd55f3f49a7ecc448bd0d5dadb48.png

Ah, Nice.  It'll do.  Better than where I'm at these days, stuck in a sustainment unit just waiting till I can go back to the line.  At least I finally finished my degree and so I have nothing else to focus on but getting back into shape (real shape).  I think this week I'll start back on my 8 runs, 2 alternate cardio, and 6 lifts per week schedule.  Brutal but awesome.  

Number9   
8 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I remember Moon suggesting he add weight, don't remember the particulars

The idea he needed to lose weight to be more explosive or faster was stupid, That has absolutely nothing to do with being a quality passing QB. 

There’s so much craziness around this it unbelievable. He didn’t put on weight because he didn’t want to. Simple. 

7 hours ago, Justafan said:

It really is interesting how Mariota could be an absolute maverick in the pocket on one play and then appear to be completely unaware on another play, all in the same series.  Of all the Mariota topics we've beat to death, that's one that probably hasn't received enough attention.

I'm glad that he said he was going to bulk up but I hope that's not an actual picture of him just being fat.  Fat doesn't help you as an athlete.  More muscle absolutely could.  High body fat makes you more prone to injury not less.  

Everyone close to the team has said he looks jacked, not fat. 

Justafan   
34 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Everyone close to the team has said he looks jacked, not fat. 

Yea, he has no fat on his arms.  It's why I thought either the shirt was hanging super loose on him or maybe he was wearing something underneath it.  

5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Yea, he has no fat on his arms.  It's why I thought either the shirt was hanging super loose on him or maybe he was wearing something underneath it.  

here's another pic from that day. its cropped though. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.06.33 AM.png

OILERMAN   
1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Your argument is really tiresome. Even 8mm and TDF aren’t comparing him to Rodgers or Wilson. The question has always been can he stay healthy and actually develop. I doubt it, but the fact you co tinually bring up the best QBs in the league makes me roll my eyes and scroll through most of your posts. 

This is not really true..... Your depiction of Mariota has developed into this fairly recently. 

The idea you doubt he's going to be a good QB and no compared him to the best QBs in the league is a new thing. He was praised as a franchise QB until this past season. People mistakenly believed 2017 was some fluke because of the system or coaches and many other excuses. 

As the sample size gets bigger and new schemes didn't improve him it's clearer to everyone who isn't a full blown homer he's got major flaws and limitations. That's not what you and most others thought before this past season.  

big2033   
2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Your argument is really tiresome. Even 8mm and TDF aren’t comparing him to Rodgers or Wilson. The question has always been can he stay healthy and actually develop. I doubt it, but the fact you co tinually bring up the best QBs in the league makes me roll my eyes and scroll through most of your posts. 

Well it's because people like you are throwing out stuff like, "The question has always been can he stay healthy and actually develop."

Bullshit. He's not staying healthy because HES NOT DEVELOPING. It's not that he's not developing because he can't stay healthy.

The issues that get him hurt are the issues that he struggled with coming in to the league.

You're still making excuses. This is ALL about his lack of development. You all just can't admit it. It's frustrating on my end too.

Lol... yeah... it’s ALLLLLLLLL on Mariota. Every sack and dropped catch and offensive scheme change and horrible surrounding cast member...and players quitting... and every single injury... ALLLLLL on Marcus. 

Way to double down down on the dumbassery

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

This is not really true..... Your depiction of Mariota has developed into this fairly recently. 

The idea you doubt he's going to be a good QB and no compared him to the best QBs in the league is a new thing. He was praised as a franchise QB until this past season. People mistakenly believed 2017 was some fluke because of the system or coaches and many other excuses. 

As the sample size gets bigger and new schemes didn't improve him it's clearer to everyone who isn't a full blown homer he's got major flaws and limitations. That's not what you and most others thought before this past season.  

Opinions on players/schemes/etc change over time with more evidence.