Mariota Convenes the Receivers

tgo

14 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Yea the guy who won't even tell the coaches what plays he likes was waving off coaches and calling his own plays...... good one 

This was the post I responded to.  I'm on record saying he wasn't physically waving off play like Manning.  My point was that he has proven in a big game that he could call plays and that he's not necessarily the meek guy you portray him as.  As a guy incapable of calling plays.  Fuck the stupid waving BS.  He was calling the plays.  Period. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Returning receivers Corey Davis, Tajae Sharpe, Taywan Taylor, Darius Jennings and Cameron Batson were among those on the field with Mariota, along with tight end MyCole Pruitt. Tight ends Delanie Wal

"Marcus Mariota gathers receivers to practice limp-wristed rainbow throws and new ways to drop anything catchable...."

Your argument is really tiresome. Even 8mm and TDF aren’t comparing him to Rodgers or Wilson. The question has always been can he stay healthy and actually develop. I doubt it, but the fact you co tin

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

Apparently, you don't understand the difference between going no-huddle and a QB waving off the coaches.

Either way, the longer you go with this stuff, the more you undermine your own credibility.  It was a silly statement.  Own it and move on.  

Mularkey said that mariota has the ability to call no huddle in certain situations with a very limited play set that mularkey and robiskie decide on... he said that after 2 successful games of mariota calling no huddle for most of the game.  .. no huddle AFTER Delanie/ Lewan/ Matthews all asked publicly for marcus to call plays.... AFTER marcus had to answer the question with “I don’t know why we seem to do better when I call the plays”

When people followed up with mularkey about that earlier quote his answers never lined up. There’s was a much larger set of plays than he had let on. That’s when mularkey tried to save face and say they let marcus call basically whatever he wants based on the gameplan and scripts they create. The play sequences of course looked nothing like the scripts from earlier in the year. 

As soon as there would be a break in action... Time out / TD... the following play would be completed shit and often a retard trick play. Think back to the infamous 2 pt conversion.  

It was all reported ... just not in so many words. Nashville media is a very polite market. 

Mariota didn’t wave off coordinators. He didn’t have to. At one point late in 2017 they put games in his hands and hoped we could have a decent offense. They went back to the script for the playoff game and we ended up getting stomped in the first half. The let him run the show in the second and he pulled off one of the better comebacks in playoff history. 

The guy is very talented. His problem stems mainly from his injuries but also from his inability to keep calm in the first half. I believe it was mentioned in the Pittsburgh blowout that he gets too amped up pregame. It doesn’t work like that in the NFL. Consistency is key and availability even more so. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

@8MM @TitanDuckFan

wasn’t it discussed that Mariota had a tough time at Oregon in the first half? I’m pretty sure I remember that. It seems he’s too reserved and cannot deal with the adrenaline in the first half, especially the first quarter. Remember that first interception in the Pit game when I believe it was Mathews was wide open and he air mailed him by a good 6-7 feet? What’s going on with that? 

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

@8MM @TitanDuckFan

wasn’t it discussed that Mariota had a tough time at Oregon in the first half? I’m pretty sure I remember that. It seems he’s too reserved and cannot deal with the adrenaline in the first half, especially the first quarter. Remember that first interception in the Pit game when I believe it was Mathews was wide open and he air mailed him by a good 6-7 feet? What’s going on with that? 

He did have some games at Oregon where/when he got off to a rough start and seemed antsy early in the game.  Not very often though.  Certainly not regularly.

The nature of Chip Kelly's system lent itself to the narrative that the Ducks were a 2nd half team, just because of the way the IZR/OZR offense works, and who the QB keys on in his choosing to keep it or hand it off.  And while Kelly was there and they ran the ball >50%, that was the case a number of times.  Even before Marcus arrived though.

But everything changed as Marcus matured and Helf took over.

From Conference games to the Vols game for instance, Mariota sat more 4th qtrs than he played. That's not a sign of a slow starter.

I was surprised he played in the 2nd half at all against the Vols.  The Ducks were up by something like 4 or 5 TDs at the half.

His first year at Oregon they were fairly slow starters.  By his Heisman season that was not the case.  Even when the defense had trouble and put them in a hole early Marcus would dig them back out.

The only game I ever saw him fail at that was in the NCG, when he had like critical 4 drops, 3 of them in the first half.

Drops affect Marcus, maybe more than they should.  I don't care what the coaches say.  If he has a hole in his game psyche, it's that one. 

7 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

He did have some games at Oregon where/when he got off to a rough start and seemed antsy early in the game.  Not very often though.  Certainly not regularly.

The nature of Chip Kelly's system lent itself to the narrative that the Ducks were a 2nd half team, just because of the way the IZR/OZR offense works, and who the QB keys on in his choosing to keep it or hand it off.  And while Kelly was there and they ran the ball >50%, that was the case a number of times.  Even before Marcus arrived though.

But everything changed as Marcus matured and Helf took over.

From Conference games to the Vols game for instance, Mariota sat more 4th qtrs than he played. That's not a sign of a slow starter.

I was surprised he played in the 2nd half at all against the Vols.  The Ducks were up by something like 4 or 5 TDs at the half.

His first year at Oregon they were fairly slow starters.  By his Heisman season that was not the case.  Even when the defense had trouble and put them in a hole early Marcus would dig them back out.

The only game I ever saw him fail at that was in the NCG, when he had like critical 4 drops, 3 of them in the first half.

Drops affect Marcus, maybe more than they should.  I don't care what the coaches say.  If he has a hole in his game psyche, it's that one. 

Interesting. I remember reading about the first half jitters at Oregon. Just because I read it right doesn’t mean it was. 

For all the detractors I wish they would remember the Patriots game. He simply diced them up to the point they quit (punting on 4th and 3 in the 4th quarter). The talent is obvious. I think he’s putting too much pressure on himself to be perfect. No one cares if you throw an interception. Our receivers blow. Let it be. Just stay healthy and play loose. I haven’t really seen him do that since the first few games his rookie career and that Pats game. I’d like to also include the GB game in 16. He was money and did the same thing he did to the Patriots. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny