Mariota Convenes the Receivers

tgo

17 minutes ago, japan said:

This was discussed ad nauseam at the time. Standard strategy with an injured player. Leave doubt in the minds of the Colts. You’ve been following pro football long enough to know this.  

Im sure Mariota wanted to play in the biggest game. They let him try and throw but they knew from the doctor that they needed to sit him. 

Seems pretty straightforward. MM wanted to play and probably pushed to play but in the end they felt he could make it worse with the wrong hit so they shut him down.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Returning receivers Corey Davis, Tajae Sharpe, Taywan Taylor, Darius Jennings and Cameron Batson were among those on the field with Mariota, along with tight end MyCole Pruitt. Tight ends Delanie Wal

"Marcus Mariota gathers receivers to practice limp-wristed rainbow throws and new ways to drop anything catchable...."

Your argument is really tiresome. Even 8mm and TDF aren’t comparing him to Rodgers or Wilson. The question has always been can he stay healthy and actually develop. I doubt it, but the fact you co tin

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, japan said:

This was discussed ad nauseam at the time. Standard strategy with an injured player. Leave doubt in the minds of the Colts. You’ve been following pro football long enough to know this.  

Im sure Mariota wanted to play in the biggest game. They let him try and throw but they knew from the doctor that they needed to sit him. 

I think MM wanted to play but this was not the Titans tricking the Colts, they wanted him to play 

7 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

there is a lot to last season that didn't quite make sense...being available as the #2 but not starting??  That really goes against the norm.

and if I'm the team I damn sure want to know if there is any risk of permanent injury to a guy I'm on the hook for to the tune of $20+ mill.  Why are you relying on him to go out and get his own opinion from a different doctor?

Why doesn’t that make sense? 

They can usually have a pretty good bet that a guy doesn’t get knocked out. If he heals better because he doesn’t play... great!

mcnair did the same thing against a division rival. 

12 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Why so fat?

probably has limited his running and lifting etc...but there are at least 3 1/2 months til training camp.. more than enough o get cut again