Star Wars Episode IX

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The teaser got me hyped    

I am certainly in the minority, but I really enjoyed Solo and thought it and Rogue One were far better than the sequel and prequel trilogies. 

TLJ sucks ass and if Disney were smart they wouldn't let that piece of shit director anywhere near Starwars again. Lol at using the campiness of the previous movies as an excuse. Johnson told a shitty

6 hours ago, MadMax said:

Love 'em.  They're not good movies.  The stories are thin.  Sometimes the acting isn't great.  Some of the peripheral characters are just bad.  Other peripheral characters are straight up annoying (I'm looking straight at you Jar Jar).  Other still, peripheral characters are infuriating (a planet full of annoying teddy bears).  BUT, still, I love all of the movies.  They're just fun.  Very fun. I got chills watching the new trailer, just like all the other trailers I've ever seen.  I turn into a kid again. I don't understand the people hating on these movies.  They're not meant to be good, they're meant to be fun.  Don't take yourself so serious.

want to like TLJ. And in a number respects I do... but not because of the virtue of the movie itself. I like it because of what came before it, which is a testament to what George Lucas created. And that's a shame to me because visually TLJ is one of the most beautifully done of all the Star Wars films. Maybe even the most beautiful. It's why I haven't vowed to never watch it again. There's a lot to actually like about the movie in spite of the movie.

What drew me into the SW universe in the first place was the mythos of the story... the force... the lightsaber duels... the characters who became iconic... the visuals. The movies are so beloved for one reason because they got people's imaginations going. That is one overarching thing that TLJ was missing. So much wasted time preaching at you, beating you over the head with its own twisted ideals and lame ass storytelling. It's like every time you'd start to feel your imagination get going Rian Johnson would reach in with his dick and smack it down. That's honestly how it felt watching the movie for me.

45 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I liked Solo and Rogue One was very good. 

Both those movies were very good. Solo just had the unfortunate luck of coming right after TLJ when the disdain for that was at its highest.

TLJ sucks ass and if Disney were smart they wouldn't let that piece of shit director anywhere near Starwars again. Lol at using the campiness of the previous movies as an excuse. Johnson told a shitty story, Don't get me started on lightspeed as a weapon or the neverending starship chase. It's a bad movie period.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

TLJ sucks ass and if Disney were smart they wouldn't let that piece of shit director anywhere near Starwars again. Lol at using the campiness of the previous movies as an excuse. Johnson told a shitty story, Don't get me started on lightspeed as a weapon or the neverending starship chase. It's a bad movie period.

Loved it. One of my favorite of the whole franchise. 

4 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

want to like TLJ. And in a number respects I do... but not because of the virtue of the movie itself. I like it because of what came before it, which is a testament to what George Lucas created. And that's a shame to me because visually TLJ is one of the most beautifully done of all the Star Wars films. Maybe even the most beautiful. It's why I haven't vowed to never watch it again. There's a lot to actually like about the movie in spite of the movie.

What drew me into the SW universe in the first place was the mythos of the story... the force... the lightsaber duels... the characters who became iconic... the visuals. The movies are so beloved for one reason because they got people's imaginations going. That is one overarching thing that TLJ was missing. So much wasted time preaching at you, beating you over the head with its own twisted ideals and lame ass storytelling. It's like every time you'd start to feel your imagination get going Rian Johnson would reach in with his dick and smack it down. That's honestly how it felt watching the movie for me.

Both those movies were very good. Solo just had the unfortunate luck of coming right after TLJ when the disdain for that was at its highest.

If you really want to get me bitching about a plotline in the SW universe, just mention the midichlorians.  That's absolutely the shittiest thing ever foisted upon an audience.  The Force isn't a power, it's a fucking disease.  Anakin has a bad case of the force.  Cough, cough.  Bullshit!

And I loved that fucking movie too.

Edited by MadMax

Just now, MadMax said:

If you really want to get me bitching about a plotline in the SW universe, just mention the midichlorians.  That's absolutely the shittiest thing ever foisted upon an audience.  The Force isn't a power, it's a fucking disease.  Anakin has a bad case of the force.  Cough, cough.  Bullshit!

I don't get people's problems with that. How does the existence of midichlorians negate the aspect of the Force being a mystical power? Didn't Luke say to Leia in ROTJ that "the Force is strong in my family"? The idea for them was there the whole time. They aren't a "disease".

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

Fuck yeah man

Midochlorians sucked for me because they gave an actual numerical value to force sensitive characters. It basically turned them into Pokémon cards...ie Anakin has 120 HP and Yoda has 90 HP.

it just took away from the mysticism of the force/turned it into a Scientology thetan test

8 hours ago, oldschool said:

Still had its moment though. I think that gives credence to the whole universe they created. It’s kind of like a GOT episode where you’re left shaking your head knowing you still loved it and will watch the next one. 

TLJ had the worst plot out of any movie Ive seen in a very long time. Visually it was good but it was so bad from a story telling point of view. The side story of Rose was a big waste of time. Luke being scared of his nephew is joke, the long chase in space when they couldve just used lightspeed as a weapon is a dumb plot device. It may be the only Star Wars movie that didnt feel like Star Wars. Its a franchise about how important destiny is and Rian through all that out the window. Not only did he kill Luke which was a huge mistake, he totally ruined the character. I bet Rian will not be allowed to make his promised new trilogy when its all said and done. Hes getting more hate than Zach Snyder did when he destroyed the DC universe.