WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador withdraws asylum

OILERMAN

11 hours ago, Rogue said:

This is called compartmentalization.  Ideas are stored in compartments in the brain.  Conflicting ideas never share a compartment, and the user goes between these departments without ever considering the conflict.  

Indeed.

It's just like those who believe the president is ignorant to the point of being "stone cold stupid," while holding a better understanding of how American presidential elections and the electoral college work than a consummate politician backed by the entire DNC.

Who believe that a complete and total buffoon who lies daily managed to avoid a recommendation of indictment under the scrutiny of 19 lawyers with prosecutorial powers who happened to be Democrat donors and backers, who issued thousands of subpoenas, had hundreds testify before a Grand Jury, and spent 2 years and $25 Million dollars investigating him.

Who believe an idiot too stupid to avoid multiple bankruptcies could understand business well enough to have the stock market soaring, unemployment at historic lows, and wages rising significantly for the first time in over two decades.

This leaves us with a bit of a quandary,...  So which side's case of compartmentalization is more severe?

Edited by TitanDuckFan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love Wikileaks! (praised 140 times over campaign)   Wiki who? I don't know anything about them

The deep state maybe one of the most useless deep states in real or fantasized history.    For this large ultimately powerful global organization that has directed the world as is today can'

Decided to put this here instead of the Mueller report thread     

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Justafan said:

Assange spreads information with the express intent of doing harm to the US government.  It doesn't matter who it's about.  He is not and never has been our friend.  

BTW,...  If this is how you feel about Assange, what do you think about Daniel Ellsberg and The Pentagon Papers?

I realize that was probably before your time, but it amounted to the NYT publishing a raft of stolen top secret memos and communiques about S.E. Asia and the Vietnam war.

Ellsberg was charged initially, but eventually the charges were dropped during the Watergate scandal, and he's still regarded as a hero by most left leaning pundits in this country.

10 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

BTW,...  If this is how you feel about Assange, what do you think about Daniel Ellsberg and The Pentagon Papers?

I realize that was probably before your time, but it amounted to the NYT publishing a raft of stolen top secret memos and communiques about S.E. Asia and the Vietnam war.

Ellsberg was charged initially, but eventually the charges were dropped during the Watergate scandal, and he's still regarded as a hero by most left leaning pundits in this country.

Honestly, I don't know anything about it.  That happened before I was born.  I've heard of it vaguely but I would have to do some research to even have an opinion on it, and honestly, how much would that be worth since I wasn't really there to experience any of the events surrounding it.  

My general feeling though is that there is a difference between whistleblowers and traitors and it's all about intent and purpose.  Whistleblowers expose government when it is being intentionally misused by specific individuals at great risk to themselves personally.  Saboteurs have political or selfish motivations and something to gain personally from damaging the US government.  

It's a thin line between heroism and treachery.  Manning was a coward who wanted to expose people he disagreed with but he was no hero.  Berghdal was just a pos plain and simple.  Assange is Australian. He has selfish ambitions as well.  

Snowden is a little more blurry of a line but if he wanted to be a whistleblower there are agencies and procedures for that.  He decided to instead leak and run.  

This is the difference between people like that and William Binney.  Binney was upset by the inefficiency of the NSA (and their failure to stop 9/11) and the decisions to spy for nefarious purposes.  He went through the IG and criticized as a citizen.  I disagree with his most recent criticisms but he's not a saboteur, he's a damn hero.  

Edited by Justafan

On 4/12/2019 at 5:21 PM, Justafan said:

William Binney and Jullian Assange are not close to the same thing.  I don't care about the conspiracy theories or who benefited from the leaks.  Assange leaked information repeatedly with the intent of damaging the US government.  Binney was a whistleblower and not a saboteur.  You can prop him up as some hero if you want but what he did was criminal.  He didn't do it to help Americans.  He's not even American.  He did it to hurt America and Americans.

He can pound sand and I hope they lock him up for it.  Screw that, he's eligible for the death penalty.  While they're at it go get Berghdal and lock Manning back up too.    

Curious timing on this.  April 11, 2019:

1 hour ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Curious timing on this.  April 11, 2019:

I respect what Binney did years ago.  Heroic.  He's been a total quack on the gucifer stuff and this though.  He's seeing conspiracies everywhere. 

Edited by Justafan

On 4/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, Justafan said:

I respect what Binney did years ago.  Heroic.  He's been a total quack on the gucifer stuff and this though.  He's seeing conspiracies everywhere. 

It's good for business.