Sign in to follow this  
Denali

The fallout for Boeing continues

Denali   

Boeing shareholders are suing the company, claiming it put safety at risk in a reckless pursuit of profits that ended in the 2 fatal 737 Max crashes

The fallout from Boeing's recent difficulties over two fatal crashes continued Tuesday with shareholders filing a lawsuit against the company.

The filing at a Chicago federal court accuses the aerospace company of defrauding investors over the safety features of Boeing's 737 Max aircraft.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I had said after the second crash, I do not think Boeing is going to survive all this.

Edited by Denali

They will get sued for deaths. What they will pay out in compensation will not have a long term impact on the company’s bottom line. 

As long as this isn’t something that keeps happening Boeing will be fine. They are a huge company with few real global competitors. 

Denali   

How is Boeing supposed to recover?

Sure, the families of those that died will sue and Boeing will compensate all of them.  Sure, they will make a "software only" fix that supposedly corrects the problem they tried to deny existed in the first place.  Those are givens, deterministic, and quantifiable.

But what about more lawsuits that keep cropping up, like this one?  What happens when the insurance companies refuse to back them up due to fraud?  What happens when they are dropped by those insurance companies?  Who would be willing to insure them then?  What happens when the airlines sue them?  What happens when suppliers sue them? 

And finally, what happens when the public refuses to fly on the 737 Max even after the supposed fixes are made?  The public already knows that the aircraft is inherently unstable and relies entirely on software to try and band-aid the problem.  No way is the public going to be willing to fly on that aircraft.  What happens when more and more 737 Max orders are cancelled?

This is like a cancer.  It will get worse.  The only choice they have at this point is to scrap the 737 Max outright, take their lumps, and try to move on.  But they are not willing to do this.

Edited by Denali

Supdawg   

I read this article the other day.  I found it absolutely fascinating based on my line of work. 

In short, the Max was built on a 50 year old platform to save time and money and the choices they made to compensate for the design changes really put it at risk. It's going to be interesting to see whether the plane survives or will they abandon the project. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/08/business/boeing-737-max-.html

Edited by Supdawg

Too big to fail is right.

Boeing is a huge company in a critically important segment. It will get bailed out as much as is needed to keep it going.

6 hours ago, Supdawg said:

I read this article the other day.  I found it absolutely fascinating based on my line of work. 

In short, the Max was built on a 50 year old platform to save time and money and the choices they made to compensate for the design changes really put it at risk. It's going to be interesting to see whether the plane survives or will they abandon the project. 

I remember, years ago, reading a story with anonymous quotes from factory workers at their South Carolina plant, saying they thought corners were being cut and that they would not want to fly on whatever plane they were talking about. Would love to go back and look and see if this is the one they were talking about. Is this one made in South Carolina?

reo   
On 4/11/2019 at 7:17 AM, Supdawg said:

Being a 50 yr old platform really isn't that big a deal. There's a reason things like the B1 are still used. The main problem was they didn't test it enough.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:51 AM, Jamalisms said:

Fuck Boeing, I hope the company folds.

I would guess unlikely but if it does, it does. Boeing has a shit ton of other contracts though especially with NASA. Mostly those contracts would just go to other companies like Lockheed though and probably the employees as well. Hell, they might even stay in the same offices, just change companies.

Edited by reo

Boeing isn’t going to fold. The Max needs to immediately be scrapped and start from the drawing board.

The problem wasn’t the software or the pilots. It was essentially a bug that wasn’t worked out from the designers to the pilots. The bridge was not made and it left the pilots guessing, which is awful, and they deserve to be drilled for it. Still, how many accidents happen every single day on the streets? Obviously it’s different in this situation, but expecting perfection is ridiculous. What needs to be rooted out is the lack of overview and also the people responsible for this should fall under the heaviest level of litigation, possibly falling under criminal if they’re found to have knowingly sent these planes out improperly tested. 

Denali   

It's easy to say that they won't go under.  Too big to fail, we all make mistakes, it will blow over, etc...

The fact that they have not scrapped the Max, despite everything that has happened, says a whole lot about the state of their company.  IMHO it is because they can't afford to.  They are too heavily leveraged against it.  Otherwise, given that it is the obvious thing to do, they would have already done it.

Edited by Denali

Denali   
2 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Retards and airplanes. What a Saturday morning coffee and KOO KOO combo. Make me laugh bitch.

Your mom and sister turned you down for sex again?  Keep trying, homeboy.  They’ll put out eventually.  Especially if you dress up like a farm animal.  They like that.  Reminds them of the real thing.

13 minutes ago, Denali said:

Your mom and sister turned you down for sex again?  Keep trying, homeboy.  They’ll put out eventually.  Especially if you dress up like a farm animal.  They like that.  Reminds them of the real thing.

Hey Touched The Tard, in the last 24 hours, how many fucked in the head women do you think have fucked an animal? Look in the mirror and ask yourself some questions.