Sign in to follow this  
Face

2 great PFF articles on Isabella & JJAW sum up exactly what we're missing at WR

Mythos27   
41 minutes ago, GLinks said:

I like Deebo Samuel In 2. I think he’s a sneaky good pick at 51.

I feel like Deebo and AJ a VERY similar but Deebo makes more big plays. For whatever reason,  I feel like A.J. plays much slower than the 4.49 he ran.

GLinks   

Yeah, it needs to be a big guy. I think it will be too hard to pass on DT/EDGE/OL with the first pick. We need a home run, though, no matter what they decide. A trade down would be nice.

I hope J Rob str8up owns this draft.

GLinks   
5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I feel like Deebo and AJ a VERY similar but Deebo makes more big plays. For whatever reason,  I feel like A.J. plays much slower than the 4.49 he ran.

True, but AJ’s yardage totals the last 2 years are ridiq.

But that’s why I don’t think he’ll be there at 51, either.

MIKE75   

We have been terrible at picking WR....

Our 2 best WR in the Titans first 20 seasons was Derrick Mason played 6 years here with 400+ catches he played 1999-2004 We made a huge mistake letting him go as he ended up playing a very solid 7 to 8 seasons AFTER leaving here and he ended up making the catch a 45+ yarder that led to us losing the close playoff game vs Ravens in our 13-3 2008 season.  After Mason our 2nd best was Nate Washington who played a very solid 6 years in Tennessee with a little over 300+ catches.

Even though we drafted Mason we ended up signing Washington as a free agent as well as Delanie Walker. Walker just finished his 6th year here and has 350+ catches ,would have around the same Mason had his 6 years but Walker missed most of last year injured.

I would almost say it would be better off for us to sign WR/TE instead of drafting them since we have struck out so many times although the latest pick Corey Davis looks promising.

Both led the team in catches while they were playing here including Mason making 95 catches in 2003 and 96 catches in 2004.

Even though he is a TE you could make the case for Delanie being the 3rd best ever here in terms of catches.

Drew Bennett would be next after Delanie with 280 catches over 6 years 2001-2006.

Frank Wycheck would be next after Drew with 250 catches from 1999-2003.

Edited by MIKE75

abc2330   
43 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

We have been terrible at picking WR....

Our 2 best WR in the Titans first 20 seasons was Derrick Mason played 6 years here with 400+ catches he played 1999-2004 We made a huge mistake letting him go as he ended up playing a very solid 7 to 8 seasons AFTER leaving here and he ended up making the catch a 45+ yarder that led to us losing the close playoff game vs Ravens in our 13-3 2008 season.  After Mason our 2nd best was Nate Washington who played a very solid 6 years in Tennessee with a little over 300+ catches.

Even though we drafted Mason we ended up signing Washington as a free agent as well as Delanie Walker. Walker just finished his 6th year here and has 350+ catches ,would have around the same Mason had his 6 years but Walker missed most of last year injured.

I would almost say it would be better off for us to sign WR/TE instead of drafting them since we have struck out so many times although the latest pick Corey Davis looks promising.

Both led the team in catches while they were playing here including Mason making 95 catches in 2003 and 96 catches in 2004.

Even though he is a TE you could make the case for Delanie being the 3rd best ever here in terms of catches.

Drew Bennett would be next after Delanie with 280 catches over 6 years 2001-2006.

WRs take time to develop.  Mason did nothing his first 3 years.  Walker was a non-factor for much longer than that.  I understand being frustrated with some of the younger guys like Taylor and Smith.  But the hit rate on receivers is very low in general, so thinking a rookie is going to change our fortunes is borderline delusional.   There are very few who can come in and shine right away while paired with a bad QB.

nine   

I like JJ Arcega-Whiteside in round 2......the guy reminds me of Anquan Boldin.   He's not the speed burner that people fantasize about, but he has good hands and understands how to use his body to gain leverage on defenders.   I see him becoming a highly effective and dangerous red zone target.

GLinks   

I like J.J. as well. I wonder how much J Rob loves J.J. and Andy Isabella. I think Isabella is a dark horse if they trade back. Isabella and non WR Tillery. I would not mind hurting Packers fans’ dreams.

Kyle021   
2 hours ago, GLinks said:

I like J.J. as well. I wonder how much J Rob loves J.J. and Andy Isabella. I think Isabella is a dark horse if they trade back. Isabella and non WR Tillery. I would not mind hurting Packers fans’ dreams.

Isabella has first round talent. He just went to UMASS and there are bigger names out there from bigger schools and that are bigger X receivers that teams covet and some monster WRs with insane measurables like Butler and another big WR who is a red zone and deep threat in Arcega as well as Campbell who has all of the glitz and glamour