Sign in to follow this  
Jamalisms

Draft Day Plans

reo   

I thought about going but I might be on a test which means getting up at 5 if I'm on first shift or working during the draft if I'm on 2nd.

jphardy   

Went last year in Dallas, great time.  Considered going this year, but it didn't come together.  Probs just get lit on the couch instead of around tons of other folk this time.

nine   

I'm debating whether to go.    

On the one hand, I very much enjoy all the comforts of home and not having to deal with traffic, crowds, etc.

But on the other hand.....it would make for a pretty awkward moment if the Cardinals decide to make me the #1 overall pick and I'm not there to walk across the stage.

Number9   
On 4/10/2019 at 1:03 PM, SleepingTitan said:

There's a marathon going on that weekend lol

It's an annual event, same weekend every year.  There are estimates of 250,000+ to come to the event.  250,000 came for the city's 4th of July celebration.  I'm planning on avoiding downtown.  I know when the day comes, right down there I'm going.  I'll probably take a city bus in and out.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:52 AM, Jamalisms said:

Personally, I think if you're local it's worth the spectacle to stop down sometime, even if it's just a slower Saturday at the stadium fan experience... but I plan to be in a mass of people for hours, legs sore and questioning my life choices. Draft in Nashville won't come again any time soon. I'm gonna enjoy it.

On 4/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, Number9 said:

It's an annual event, same weekend every year.  There are estimates of 250,000+ to come to the event.  250,000 came for the city's 4th of July celebration.  I'm planning on avoiding downtown.  I know when the day comes, right down there I'm going.  I'll probably take a city bus in and out.

I went downtown this weekend and saw the setup. I don't think I can miss it. 

Number9   
1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

I went downtown this weekend and saw the setup. I don't think I can miss it. 

See, that's the problem.  You don't want to get in the big ass crowd, but you gotta see it.  I'm still not willing to spend too much time in and out.  I went to Atlanta and it was so much different for the SB.  I wasn't crowded, maybe because of the weather.  We went to the NFL Experience and could do anything we wanted with no long lines.  Everybody was there because of football.  Nashville is totally different.  It's a party town.

For those attending the first night of the draft I hope the weather forecast improves, looks pretty crappy right now with showers and possible thunderstorms predicted.

Would be a shame with all the hard work Nashville put in to get the draft there for weather to put a dampener on the first night.

Number9   

I just looked at the layout.  It's multiple times more to do than the SB l  went to in Atlanta.  Rain would be a poor reward for all the great effort.

Huston   
42 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I just looked at the layout.  It's multiple times more to do than the SB l  went to in Atlanta.  Rain would be a poor reward for all the great effort.

Magic City and the Gold Club alone was enough to do in Atlanta.

Edited by Huston

Huston   
40 minutes ago, Huston said:

Magic City and the Gold Club alone was enough to do in Atlanta.

Is JR Crickets still open I wonder.