"Marcus Mariota is the NFL's Best Passer in Obvious Passing Situations"

ap24786

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't be so hasty to dismiss the dissection of still shots. I know, speaking strictly for myself, that during the dial-up AOL internet days you learned to be quite masterful at examining still pi

Looks to me like one is in the process of being sacked and the other is showing enough pocket awareness to feel pressure and move away from it. Again, I have no clue what you people think you're looki

Dude, you're clearly deciding what you want and don't want to see. The guy you are so lauding is actively being sacked while the other guy is trying to navigate the pocket to find a way to make a play

Posted Images

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Nothing like "analysis" from Cian Fahey!  LOL 

https://www.watchfantom.com/cian-fahey-has-the-most-preposterous-qb-rankings-ever/

"Oh, and he’s got some pretty ridiculous fucking takes basically all the time. Don’t mention it on Twitter though, because he’ll block you into the third row like Dikembe Mutumbo playing one-on-one with Earl Boykins."

Love that analogy!  I can just see Dikembe waving that long finger.

I appreciate these stats, however, his health is the main question that needs to be answered this year.  

Edited by CreepingDeath

I read it and saw the nice plays from Mariota (all the more impressive given he couldn't grip a football :)).  Of course, one can find highlight reels for any player.  Do I buy Fahey's analysis of creating new stats like raw accuracy, depth adjusted, etc. when they don't jive with tangible production or other similar analytic sites like Football outsiders or PFF? 

Mariota absolutely can do all of these good things we see in the article.  Saying that, he does not do them all of the time and that's a huge issue.  He's not consistent and he never has been.  That is, when he's not injured.

As for the receivers, STATS shows 16 drops for the Titans last year - 20th in the league.  They threw it 437 times so that's 3.7%.  Add it to the 293 completions (67%), what about the other 29.3%?

Just now, abc2330 said:

So is his supporting cast which always gets trashed, apparently

Take what you want form the article, the stats and vid's speak for themselves.

His most impressive game last year was Dallas, followed by the Eagles and Patriots. He played really well in all 3, but the Dallas game shows his ability. We were in 3rd and long all night with no running game to speak of and his guards in his lap the whole night. He just kept dicing them up. The talent isn’t, and really hasn’t ever been, the question. It’s the consistency, which goes not only from game to game but quarter to quarter. He gets one last shot to put it all together. 

18 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

His most impressive game last year was Dallas, followed by the Eagles and Patriots. He played really well in all 3, but the Dallas game shows his ability. We were in 3rd and long all night with no running game to speak of and his guards in his lap the whole night. He just kept dicing them up. The talent isn’t, and really hasn’t ever been, the question. It’s the consistency, which goes not only from game to game but quarter to quarter. He gets one last shot to put it all together. 

Thats the disconnect, some wont even acknowledge that he has the talent even if it is inconsistent. That's why a simple article like this gets hazed like a pubescent OM.

Edited by Huston