"Marcus Mariota is the NFL's Best Passer in Obvious Passing Situations"

ap24786

https://presnapreads.com/marcus-mariota-is-the-nfls-best-passer-in-obvious-passing-situations/

"The national narrative on Mariota is that he’s a running quarterback, an athlete more than a technically astute or particularly accurate passer. It’s an easy narrative to push when you don’t pay close attention to what’s actually happening on the field. Being fast in a straight line rarely factors into your ability to convert behind the down-and-distance consistently.

A quarterback with these charting results is a quarterback who is excelling mentally and technically while throwing the ball with anticipation and precision.

That’s not something you can say about Jared Goff, but Goff plays for Sean McVay with Todd Gurley and Andrew Whitworth and Rodger Saffold and Robert Woods and Brandin Cooks and Cooper Kupp and a whole cast of better players in his supporting cast who both help him in these situations and keep him out of these situations."

"When the foundation of an offense regularly asks this much of the quarterback, his numbers aren’t going to be as high as his peers who are put in positions to make simple throws that turn into huge gains over and over again."

Edited by ap24786

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't be so hasty to dismiss the dissection of still shots. I know, speaking strictly for myself, that during the dial-up AOL internet days you learned to be quite masterful at examining still pi

Looks to me like one is in the process of being sacked and the other is showing enough pocket awareness to feel pressure and move away from it. Again, I have no clue what you people think you're looki

Dude, you're clearly deciding what you want and don't want to see. The guy you are so lauding is actively being sacked while the other guy is trying to navigate the pocket to find a way to make a play

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Nothing like "analysis" from Cian Fahey!  LOL 

https://www.watchfantom.com/cian-fahey-has-the-most-preposterous-qb-rankings-ever/

Lol. Love how this author's argument against him is basically "I'm sure Cian has watched way more all-22 film than me, but.. but...he's just wrong and I know it! I mean look at the box score stats!"

1 minute ago, ap24786 said:

Lol. Love how this author's argument against him is basically "I'm sure Cian has watched way more all-22 film than me, but.. but...he's just wrong and I know it! I mean look at the box score stats!"

I mean, you don't need to do too much digging to not trust a guy who has Wilson as the 13th rated QB in the league

1 minute ago, ap24786 said:

Sorry - there's no fucking way that Mariota is better than Luck or Wilson or Roethlisberger. 

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Sorry - there's no fucking way that Mariota is better than Luck or Wilson or Roethlisberger. 

First of all that list was from last year. Luck hadn't even been playing. Cian thinks Luck is a football prodigy. 

29 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

First of all that list was from last year. Luck hadn't even been playing. Cian thinks Luck is a football prodigy. 

There is no coming back from that. 

Edited by abc2330

i'd like to see how he gets his stats for sure. i dont think there is bias there. 

sure he can cherry pick highlights of incredible pocket movement and manipulation from this season for the article highlights... because the article is about how a player is doing well in certain situations....  but the raw stats he's gathering probably add up to his final results without any sort of agenda as the meatheads here have. 

his own business relies on the premise that his stats are accurate and repeatable by anyone looking 

the articles premise also follows what we saw all season and even what vrabel uttered - even saying he wished he'd play all game like he does when we have to win -... when its 3rd/4th down and or the titans are down late... mariota is the bees knees. 

Edited by titanruss