Sign in to follow this  
Huston

The Taywan Taylor Thread

11 hours ago, Huston said:

The new wr isn't being drafted to replace Taylor, it's insurance and depth. I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted one and signed one, if Davis goes down for any reason that leaves you with Taylor, Sharpe and Hump.

theres no one to sign right now at WR/OL/TE ... yet theres several decent guys to sign at OLB/DE/DT

makes me think we HAVE to draft WR/OL... and fairly early if we want them to compete. 

OILERMAN   

The Titans aren't drafting a WR high enough that's going to contribute early on, Taylor is the best option. I doubt a rookie would even be a better option than Sharpe. 

Justafan   
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

The Titans aren't drafting a WR high enough that's going to contribute early on, Taylor is the best option. I doubt a rookie would even be a better option than Sharpe. 

Sharpe was a 5th.  I could see the right third or 4th round guy coming in and contributing, even only as a rotational guy, right away.

I think you're right though.  It doesn't really matter because Taylor is going to be the main target on the outside. 

Mythos27   

Unless that 4.3 was timed like it is at the combine, the discrepancy is pretty easy to explain. Hand times always require adding somewhere between .16-.24 (depending on the distance run) to approach a more accurate time. It's why we still hear stories about Deon Sanders and Bo Jackson running like 4.12 etc. They ran those times but they were hand times and even though some people are pretty good with a stop watch, multiple people timing the same race can have substantially different results. 4.5 is a good time  as well though. Henry ran 4.54 and look at how he pulls away.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:45 AM, titanruss said:

It’s plenty fair to say that TT wasn’t very good but showed good potential his first two years.  Tons of mental errors and drops hurt him. If he gets those fixed he could be a very solid player.... 

none of what he does in year 3 and going forward will have any bearing on how flawed he was his first two years.. but if he does develop, people will try and use it as an excuse to hate on the QB for TTs first two years. 

We passed for 180 yards a game last year. Let that sink in. Know any receiver in the NFL that would look good under those circumstances? They showed that several times he was wide open but no ball to him. Several passes were low. With an adequate QB our receivers wouldn't catch such grief.