Man that GROOVE!!!

Denali

13 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Great stuff! Who are the band members? The bass is killing it!

The bass player was the legendary Jaco Pastorius.  Many consider him to have been the greatest bass player in the history of history.  Sadly, he died in 1987 at the age of 35 from a bar fight in Florida.

The rest of the band backing up Joni Mitchell are also all musical legends.  Here's the lineup:

Pat Metheny – lead guitar
Jaco Pastorius – fretless bass (Fender Jazz)
Don Alias – drums, percussion
Lyle Mays – electric piano (Rhodes), synthesizer (Oberheim FVS-1)
Michael Brecker – saxophones

14 hours ago, Denali said:

The bass player was the legendary Jaco Pastorius.  Many consider him to have been the greatest bass player in the history of history.  Sadly, he died in 1987 at the age of 35 from a bar fight in Florida.

The rest of the band backing up Joni Mitchell are also all musical legends.  Here's the lineup:

Pat Metheny – lead guitar
Jaco Pastorius – fretless bass (Fender Jazz)
Don Alias – drums, percussion
Lyle Mays – electric piano (Rhodes), synthesizer (Oberheim FVS-1)
Michael Brecker – saxophones

I'm familiar with Jaco. I didn't recognize him. I loved Jaco Pastorius' work with the fusion jazz band Weather Report/ Joe Zawinul back in the early 70s. I saw them live a few times in New York. Great band. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2019 at 7:06 PM, Denali said:

Pastorius developed a self-destructive habit of provoking bar fights and allowing himself to be beaten up.[5] After sneaking onstage at a Carlos Santana concert on September 11, 1987 and being ejected from the premises, he made his way to the Midnight Bottle Club in Wilton Manors, Florida.[19]After reportedly kicking in a glass door, having been refused entrance to the club, he was in a violent confrontation with Luc Havan, the club's manager who was a martial arts expert.[20] Pastorius was hospitalized for multiple facial fractures and injuries to his right eye and left arm, and fell into a coma.[21]There were encouraging signs that he would come out of the coma and recover, but they soon faded. A brain hemorrhage a few days later led to brain death. He was taken off life support and died on September 21, 1987 at the age of 35 at Broward General Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale.[19]”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaco_Pastorius

What the actual fuck?!?

I have a friend who would pick losing fights in bars.  He's still alive, so presumably he worked something out with his girlfriend to take care of such needs.

Archived