Member that one guy who sAid years ago the Seahawks would let lil Russ walk

MamlngEnvy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta give 520 his props here.   Lord knows I’ve said my share of dumb shit around here...But I don’t have the balls to come back 5 years later and remind everyone.

I predict that Russell Wilson will eventually walk...not just away from the Seahawks, but away from football entirely.       Just wait 10-15 years....you’ll see I’m right.

STAY DOWN!

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, 52O said:

And he was mocked and laughed at for years.

told yall he woukd think hes worth too much 

This is a strange way to bring up the fact you said Locker was as good as Wilson and Wilson wasn't a franchise QB. Yea you were laughed at. And what's happening isn't because Wilson isn't good it's because he's so good. 

I've actually been meaning to make a post about Wilson's contract status. 

Wilson is in the position to pull a Kirk Cousin part II. 

Wilson can play out this year and get tagged for over 30 mill next year, if the Hawks tag him again he'd get 36 mill and then in 2022 the tag would cost the Seahawks 52 mill. 

So basically Wilson can play out this year and get tagged for a total of 83 mill fully guaranteed and be free or get tagged for another 52 mill(136 mill over 4 years). 

So basically the extension talk for Wilson starts at 4 years 136 mill and likely a guaranteed deal like Cousins.

This would put Wilson as a total free agent at age 33 or 34 if he's tagged each year.

He was on one the late night shows the other day talking about wanting to be the highest paid players. 

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This is a strange way to bring up the fact you said Locker was as good as Wilson and Wilson wasn't a franchise QB. Yea you were laughed at. And what's happening isn't because Wilson isn't good it's because he's so good. 

I've actually been meaning to make a post about Wilson's contract status. 

Wilson is in the position to pull a Kirk Cousin part II. 

Wilson can play out this year and get tagged for over 30 mill next year, if the Hawks tag him again he'd get 36 mill and then in 2022 the tag would cost the Seahawks 52 mill. 

So basically Wilson can play out this year and get tagged for a total of 83 mill fully guaranteed and be free or get tagged for another 52 mill(136 mill over 4 years). 

So basically the extension talk for Wilson starts at 4 years 136 mill and likely a guaranteed deal like Cousins.

This would put Wilson as a total free agent at age 33 or 34 if he's tagged each year.

He was on one the late night shows the other day talking about wanting to be the highest paid players. 

It's also a strange way for someone to claim they were right when the thing they claimed hasn't happened yet.

If I'm Wilson unless the Seahawks blow me away I'm signing the franchise tenders the next few years

I think more players should start playing them out. The amount is so big now it's totally worth it. 

This will also really hurt the Seahawks with leverage over their other free agents. 

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If I'm Wilson unless the Seahawks blow me away I'm signing the franchise tenders the next few years

I think more players should start playing them out. The amount is so big now it's totally worth it. 

This is especially true for QB's.  The risk of career ending injury is much lower than other positions.

How this plays out will be interesting as Wilson really holds all of the leverage here.  He's going to get a market setting deal whether it's in Seattle or somewhere else OR he's going to essentially get the same in guaranteed tags.  The reality is that Seattle can sustain the tag situation through 2021 if the tag scenario happens.  Besides, what is Seattle's alternative?  Paxton Lynch is their backup and they don't have the 2013 defense anymore.

Saying all of that, the odds are that they will get a long term deal done before they have to ever issue a franchise tag. 

3 minutes ago, nine said:

Gotta give 520 his props here.

Lord knows I’ve said my share of dumb shit around here...But I don’t have the balls to come back 5 years later and remind everyone.

How is he right?

1.  The negotiations are still in progress.

2.  He's going to get a huge, guaranteed deal.

3.  His argument back then was that the Seahawks would let him walk and keep their defense and Lynch intact.  Um, everyone is gone aside from Wagner and Wright.

11 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Saying all of that, the odds are that they will get a long term deal done before they have to ever issue a franchise tag. 

I think for them to get a long term deal it will have to eclipse the franchise tag total by a decent amount and also be fully guaranteed, which I would do if I'm Seattle