University of British Columbia in Vancouver - what can you tell me about it?

Legaltitan

9 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

BTW, I see ME cleverly mixes up his new favorite words. For instance, there is just the use of Tard. Then there is use of the modifier Touched, as a standalone. And there is the nickname "Touched the Tard." Who does "Touched the Tard" refer to? When he uses "Touched," is that just a shorthand for this nickname?

Touched can be used as a slang word for mentally retarded. So touched and tard are essentially the same thing here, and put together likely a reference to "extra special" lol.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I grew up in Seattle and spent a lot of time in Vancouver and British Columbia. It truly is an awesome city. Very clean, modern, trendy. Absolutely beautiful area. Sorry I can't give insight on the ac

Not sure about the college but Vancouver is pretty sweet. I’ve got family that live on one of the islands in BC and we spend most our time in Vancouver when we visit. 

Negative. They aren’t exactly college material. 

15 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

@Legaltitan As a Canadian I can say BC is a dream spot for a young adult. I don’t know much about UBC though.

One thing a Canadian school will provide is the opportunity to go to Australian schools after via transfer.

https://www.ireneworthamcenter.org/history.php

Talk about a dream spot.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, Legaltitan said:

First, a little background

My daughter is only a freshman in high school, but has a very good idea of what she wants to study in college. Specifically, she is interested in zoology/animal biology. 

She is pretty damn smart and makes very good grades, and so may be able to get into one of the very top colleges. But she knows that is a crapshoot, especially coming from a small private school in Macon, Georgia. So she is dreaming big, but is realistic.

With that background, we went looking for colleges that were realistic, and that had strong zoology programs. University of BC ranked very high on this list. My daughter also has a mind to going to grad school overseas some day and/or living there, and Vancouver seems like a reasonable launching pad for a kid from a small town interested in exploring the world. International school, but still pretty safe and familiar. Plus I have been to Vancouver, which of course is an amazing and beautiful city and area, and it seems like the sort of natural environment that would be just about ideal for her.

All of that said, I know nothing about the University or living in Vancouver. If anyone has insight into anything about UBC, Vancouver, in any way, would appreciate your thoughts.

I was stationed in Lewis back in 03-06.  Don't know much about the University but it's a fantastic city and area.  People are friendly, it's clean, and cost of living is reasonable.  Good luck to her and congrats on raising a kid with goals.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

I was stationed in Lewis back in 03-06.  Don't know much about the University but it's a fantastic city and area.  People are friendly, it's clean, and cost of living is reasonable.  Good luck to her and congrats on raising a kid with goals.  

Feelin' the love from Justafan this morning. Thanks for the kind words. You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

Touched The Tard seems to be all giddy this morning because he found someone on the board damn near as stupid as himself. The perfect person to live vicariously through. But, at the end of the day.......

8 hours ago, Justafan said:

Cost of living might have been reasonable back then but it's not today.  Vancouver real estate skyrocketed.

10 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Cost of living might have been reasonable back then but it's not today.  Vancouver real estate skyrocketed.

Fair enough.  Like I said, closest I was, was Lewis about 15 years ago so my perspective probably isn't worth much.  I did really enjoy the area though.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Fair enough.  Like I said, closest I was, was Lewis about 15 years ago so my perspective probably isn't worth much.  I did really enjoy the area though.  

It’s a great area. I was just there recently. 

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

It’s a great area. I was just there recently. 

It’s alright if you like junkies and crack whores. Take a walk down Hastings Street next time you’re there if you don’t believe me. I want to put your IQ up against Legal’s. Do you believe JustafanTard has ever stepped foot in the state of Washington?