Sign in to follow this  
Legaltitan

University of British Columbia in Vancouver - what can you tell me about it?

First, a little background

My daughter is only a freshman in high school, but has a very good idea of what she wants to study in college. Specifically, she is interested in zoology/animal biology. 

She is pretty damn smart and makes very good grades, and so may be able to get into one of the very top colleges. But she knows that is a crapshoot, especially coming from a small private school in Macon, Georgia. So she is dreaming big, but is realistic.

With that background, we went looking for colleges that were realistic, and that had strong zoology programs. University of BC ranked very high on this list. My daughter also has a mind to going to grad school overseas some day and/or living there, and Vancouver seems like a reasonable launching pad for a kid from a small town interested in exploring the world. International school, but still pretty safe and familiar. Plus I have been to Vancouver, which of course is an amazing and beautiful city and area, and it seems like the sort of natural environment that would be just about ideal for her.

All of that said, I know nothing about the University or living in Vancouver. If anyone has insight into anything about UBC, Vancouver, in any way, would appreciate your thoughts.

I grew up in Seattle and spent a lot of time in Vancouver and British Columbia. It truly is an awesome city. Very clean, modern, trendy. Absolutely beautiful area. Sorry I can't give insight on the actual University, but it would be a safe and wonderful place for her to start. Obviously it is close to nature if she enjoys the outdoors, plus Seattle is a ferry ride away, and there is a ton to do there.

2 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

I grew up in Seattle and spent a lot of time in Vancouver and British Columbia. It truly is an awesome city. Very clean, modern, trendy. Absolutely beautiful area. Sorry I can't give insight on the actual University, but it would be a safe and wonderful place for her to start. Obviously it is close to nature if she enjoys the outdoors, plus Seattle is a ferry ride away, and there is a ton to do there.

Hey Touched The Tard, I wouldn’t be surprised if Legal was dumb enough to believe this horse shit.

42 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Not sure about the college but Vancouver is pretty sweet. I’ve got family that live on one of the islands in BC and we spend most our time in Vancouver when we visit. 

Does any of your family have any experiences with UBC?

2 hours ago, ManningEnvy said:

By the way you shit for brains, there are no ferries from Seattle to Vancouver.

Actually ferries run from Seattle to Vancouver and vice versa all day long you dumb fuck.

Opus74   

Well, par for the course.

Triumph, the insult comic dog (aka ManningEnvy) chimes on with his usual assininity while Denali goes straight for the gutter.

So predictable. 

1 hour ago, Former_Fan said:

Actually ferries run from Seattle to Vancouver and vice versa all day long you dumb fuck.

Oh yeah, you've got to love a good LaLa Land tard business model. See homers, a bunch of tards will pay a lot of money to load their cars on a ferry to go from Vancouver to Seattle. It would probably only take 10 hours to get there. Normal people just drive south on I-5 for 2 hours. All day long though.

The tard mind is just amazing. The simplest things like associating a ferry with going somewhere a road doesn't go is just beyond their comprehension. Touched The Tard, like I've said numerous times before. You're one stupid mother fucker.

16 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Oh yeah, you've got to love a good LaLa Land tard business model. See homers, a bunch of tards will pay a lot of money to load their cars on a ferry to go from Vancouver to Seattle. It would probably only take 10 hours to get there. Normal people just drive south on I-5 for 2 hours. All day long though.

Wrong again retard. The clipper ferry makes it to Vancouver in under about 2 hours and 45 minutes , whereas driving will take you about 3.5 hours. I mentioned the ferry ride because it is not only faster, but way more scenic.