Sign in to follow this  
Tex in a Can

Spain to Bills

abc2330   

He'lll probably be cut after a year.  He seems like one of those players that PFF likes a lot more than NFL teams do.  Like TJ Lang or whatever GB OL who was consistently getting high marks, only to be cut. 

there was some bills fans/talking heads that were thrilled and this is the one OL they wanted all offseason. 

nine   

Spain was certainly better than Kline, not that that’s saying much.

The fact that every member of the O-line had a down year suggests that the issue was more about the new scheme and coaching as opposed to individual performance.  I won’t be surprised if Spain ends up being better in Buffalo than what he showed last year.  I wish him luck.

Callidus   

What blocking scheme do they use? As much we don't care about him leaving he might work ok for them. He was poor in our zbs but was a solid starter when we ran a power system.

Soxcat   

Yea, Spain sucks, will probably be out of a job in a year, Bills fans are stupid for liking this move........  who is our RG at the moment? 

My feelings on Spain are that he is a decent player and any team getting him cheap are getting a starting quality OG.  He is actually pretty good in pass protection when it would seem with his size he is more of a road grader and pass protection would be his downfall.  He is certainly better than Warmack (who is currently a FA, 3 starts the last 2 years).  When we name our starting RG it will be interesting if they are as good as Spain. 

Face   

I hope he does well. It was mentioned above that he might be one of these guys that PFF thinks is good but teams don't. There are some guys like that. Except FO thought he was good & so did a site run a former lineman, I can't think of his name, that thought he was very good to. And I think most of the fans of they're being honest think he was pretty good aside from a handful of games last year.

Either way he came here as an UDFA & was a good starter as a rookie & was pretty solid the last 2 years aside from some stretches where he was injured. All in all he was a great ROI. He also pretty much owned Aaron Donald in 2017 & was a monster in the playoff game.