Kobach Suggests ‘Processing Towns’ for Migrants

reo

8 minutes ago, reo said:

https://politicalwire.com/2019/04/03/koback-suggests-processing-towns-for-migrants/

Great. Concentration camps. That's where we're at now...

In fairness, this is how many UN Refugee camps work now. If this means an equitable process for asylum seekers, and they are in interim provided meals, shelter and heat/cooling, (perhaps some education too) then I think that is a very fair compromise. Conservatives are not wrong to believe that we need some type of orderly process for immigration and that US citizens have unique rights and privileges. It's the process that has desperately needed reform.

Concentration camps are not voluntary. Asylum is a voluntary process - no one is being imprisoned assuming there's no forced separation. 

5 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Processing towns.  Jesus do they ever even do a limited focus group for some of these ideas?

It does sound terrible, but the concept could bring more dignity to individuals in the asylum process if executed in good faith.

I don't really have a big problem with this, so long as implementation is humane and they bring in more people to get the processing done fairly and in a reasonably timely manner.  

31 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

In fairness, this is how many UN Refugee camps work now. If this means an equitable process for asylum seekers, and they are in interim provided meals, shelter and heat/cooling, (perhaps some education too) then I think that is a very fair compromise. Conservatives are not wrong to believe that we need some type of orderly process for immigration and that US citizens have unique rights and privileges. It's the process that has desperately needed reform.

Concentration camps are not voluntary. Asylum is a voluntary process - no one is being imprisoned assuming there's no forced separation. 

It does sound terrible, but the concept could bring more dignity to individuals in the asylum process if executed in good faith.

I agree, this concept seems to be a fair way to deal with this issue.....if, as you say, is executed in good faith.  

Concentration camps are reactive and a bit of a leap.  

16 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Concentration camps are reactive and a bit of a leap.  

They want to concentrate them in camps. By definition it seemed appropriate. 

1 hour ago, reo said:

https://politicalwire.com/2019/04/03/koback-suggests-processing-towns-for-migrants/

Great. Concentration camps. That's where we're at now...

Oh stfu. 

Tell me the definition of a concentration camp and how this would be the same. 

Yall bitch about them being in cells. Yall qont be happy until they're turned free along with every other that waltz in here. 

Fucking concentration camp. You are one big fucking retard.

In the words of Moron Max,

Spin it, retard!

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

I don't really have a big problem with this, so long as implementation is humane and they bring in more people to get the processing done fairly and in a reasonably timely manner.  

They should hire more ppl to process those who are doing it in legit fashion first....

Or do you want to bump the ones that are doing it by the book to the back of the line?

Let's not forget how long it is taking to process the law abiding "dreamers". 

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

They should hire more ppl to process those who are doing it in legit fashion first....

Or do you want to bump the ones that are doing it by the book to the back of the line?

Let's not forget how long it is taking to process the law abiding "dreamers". 

I don't think border agents and courts are processing people trying to enter the country via green cards or work visas.  

2 hours ago, Cyrus said:

I would like to agree with you, but the premise of good faith seems little compromised by Kobach himself. Perhaps it’s inadvertent, but Kobach seems to telegraph his intent.

Kobach added: “We process right there, in that camp, where they have the three square meals, they’re living in a nice mobile home, and then as soon as they’re done, as soon as the claim is rejected, they’re on the next plane back home.”

3 minutes ago, begooode said:

I would like to agree with you, but the premise of good faith seems little compromised by Kobach himself. Perhaps it’s inadvertent, but Kobach himself seems to telegraph his intent.

Kobach added: “We process right there, in that camp, where they have the three square meals, they’re living in a nice mobile home, and then as soon as they’re done, as soon as the claim is rejected, they’re on the next plane back home.”

If you read that in a vaccuum, yes.  But his previous comment was.....

“Create processing towns that are confined, and so when someone comes in and falsely claims asylum, we don’t release them for six months onto the streets of the United States.”

So he is talking about those that falsely claim asylum.  

2 minutes ago, Rogue said:

If you read that in a vaccuum, yes.  But his previous comment was.....

So he is talking about those that falsely claim asylum.  

My fault!  Skipped to the bottom of a short article ie: LAZY. 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Tell me the definition of a concentration camp and how this would be the same. 

Conccon·cen·tra·tion

/ˌkänsənˈtrāSH(ə)n/

a close gathering of people or things

camp

/kamp/

1. a place with temporary accommodations of huts, tents, or other structures, typically used by soldiers, refugees, prisoners, or travelers.

Archived