Some Texans want Oilers Uniforms

TitansFan23

“DeAndre Hopkins and J.J. Watt both publicly have expressed a desire to wear the Houston Oilers’ uniforms as a throwback.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/titans-say-no-way-to-texans-wearing-oilers-throwbacks/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/deandre-hopkins-proposes-texans-wearing-oilers-throwbacks/

Edited by TitansFan23

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Houston already had their chance to still wear those colors.  Fuck them is right.

For as much shit as Bud gets. He got screwed over by Houston. He wanted a new stadium, which I guess is arrogant. But they literally built the nicest stadium in the league (at the time) for the Texans

Amy said it “was interesting they wanted that because the Texans have nothing to do with the oilers” and gave them a “hard no” when pk asked about it during the owners meetings. 

Posted Images

Great, I would take both of them in the Titans organization.  Come on JRob, make it happen!

O wait, they want to wear another team’s colors?  Silly athletes, pretty sure the going rate for NFL team is a couple billion.  I’m sure AAS would sell and “Houston” and crew can do whatever they want.  Texans ownership better put a cap on rouge children.

4 minutes ago, Thrill said:

For as much shit as Bud gets. He got screwed over by Houston. He wanted a new stadium, which I guess is arrogant. But they literally built the nicest stadium in the league (at the time) for the Texans. What was it 6 years later? 

In regards to these dumbass Texans players, why would we give away valuable branding and merchandise opportunities to another team.

edit: I’d love it if we wore them against the Texans in Houston. 

You’d think Texans fans would be pissed. Imagine Ravens players wanting to wear the Colts throwbacks.

16 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I've ranted about this before. Most blame bud but he was only part of it. The city turned on the Oilers after a decade of playoff heartbreak across football, basketball, and baseball; In particular the Oilers blowing second half leads against the Broncos, Bills, and Chiefs in the playoffs. Lanier used that heartbreak to try and squeeze Adams on a new stadium deal. I'm still pissed about it.

Lainier was an ass and clearly he and Adams disliked each other.  Saying that, Adams had gone to the well too often wanting the Astrodome renovated and flirting with other cities and the city didn't believe he'd actually move.  Adams was ultimately right that the Astrodome was outdated but at that time, people were sick of dealing with him.  It didn't help that he blew up the team after the 1993 season in the midst of this.

The shame of it is that the city spent a lot more in hindsight with the new stadium and expansion team stuff.