Sign in to follow this  
big2033

Titans want to build offense around Derrick Henry

10 minutes ago, big2033 said:

They didn't wait. They gave him plenty of opportunities and he did nothing with them. When he DID do something with his opportunities, he got more. 

You're trying to find the best way to win on Sundays. You can't just throw caution to the wind.

Fans wanted us to just hand Henry a bunch of carries. Similar to how they just want the coaches to put Mariota in a spread and let him throw 40 times.

They're trying to win not experiment.

they are saying now that they will use Dion or whoever we have on the roster to compliment Derrick in different aspects.   That is in no way what they were saying going into last year.  It was we are gonna use both backs and go with the hot hand.  Anyone with any sense could see the best way to use the two backs but they were to enamored with the new toy (Dion)

Dion and Derrick are the same fucking players now that they were last year..they were used the wrong way last year and even the coaches see that now but you are gonna somehow spin it.

9 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

they are saying now that they will use Dion or whoever we have on the roster to compliment Derrick in different aspects.   That is in no way what they were saying going into last year.  It was we are gonna use both backs and go with the hot hand.  Anyone with any sense could see the best way to use the two backs but they were to enamored with the new toy (Dion)

Dion and Derrick are the same fucking players now that they were last year..they were used the wrong way last year and even the coaches see that now but you are gonna somehow spin it.

Derrick Henry is not the same player he was in March 2018. LOL

As Big said, the coaches don't want to experiment... They were obviously expecting more from Dion but you're a fucking moron if you think nothing has changed in the last 12 months for Henry.

6 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Derrick Henry is not the same player he was in March 2018. LOL

As Big said, the coaches don't want to experiment... They were obviously expecting more from Dion but you're a fucking moron if you think nothing has changed in the last 12 months for Henry.

oh yeah...I forgot about the Eddie George/Derrick Henry montage workout in Russia that resulted in him coming back with the Eye of the Tiger.

and I do know those were two different Rocky movies before anyone feels the need to mention it.

8MM   
4 hours ago, big2033 said:

I get annoyed by the thinking that it always the coaches fault when a player doesn't perform to his potential. I'm glad something clicked in Henry. 

And as I've been saying, as soon as it clicked, he got more chances. The coaches saw it and they rewarded it. He should've given Vrabel that mentality going into the season.

Coaches are similiar to Chefs/cooks, in that they have ingredients to work off from.  What they do, how they do it makes the dish come out good or bad.  A sharp coach recognizes a players strength and weakness and puts him in the best possible way to succeed.  Just like those cooking show/contest where each person is giving the same ingredients and it's up to them to make something out of it.

29 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

oh yeah...I forgot about the Eddie George/Derrick Henry montage workout in Russia that resulted in him coming back with the Eye of the Tiger.

and I do know those were two different Rocky movies before anyone feels the need to mention it.

Got it... So you are an idiot who thinks that Derrick Henry has been the exact same runner

I'm done calling you out then if you are that stupid

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Mythos27   
29 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

It's absolutely absurd that people still believe this. 

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

It's absolutely absurd that people still believe this. 

It's even more absurd to think that Henry had no attitude change, I don't give a fuck about Eddie sitting him down (and that is greatly overplayed)  but you're a retard if you think that nothing clicked in terms of Henry's tenacity

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Did Eddie reaaly build a fire under Henry?

Did the O-Line improve markedly?

Did the TE's finally figure out why perimeter blocking is so important?

Could it have been all three things?  Yeah, I'm thinkin' so.

6 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Did Eddie reaaly build a fire under Henry?

Did the O-Line improve markedly?

Did the TE's finally figure out why perimeter blocking is so important?

Could it have been all three things?  Yeah, I'm thinkin' so.

It's almost like there was a 4th thing too... Henry was sick and tired of all his soft performaces and wanted to earn his starting spot (goes in line with the Eddie thing, but him being the only reason for that is a crock)

OF COURSE there's many reasons for that massive jump in performance.... Anyone who tries to paint it that it was even just as little as 2 reasons for the running game's improvement is just trying to push their narrative

scine09   

There are three things in life: Death, taxes and the Tennessee Titans building their team around their running game.  It doesn't matter who is on the team the philosophy is always the same. 

I'd like to think that Vrabel's words were twisted but given that this is the Titans, which might as well go into the dictionary as a franchise, for 25 years, playing not to lose and not adapting to the times, I tend to doubt it.

I like Vrabel a lot as a head coach but this is 2019, not 1989.  If you want to win big it sure as heck isn't going to be on the strength of your running game.

tgo   
Just now, scine09 said:

There are three things in life: Death, taxes and the Tennessee Titans building their team around their running game.  It doesn't matter who is on the team the philosophy is always the same. 

I'd like to think that Vrabel's words were twisted but given that this is the Titans, which might as well go into the dictionary as a franchise, for 25 years, playing not to lose and not adapting to the times, I tend to doubt it.

I like Vrabel a lot as a head coach but this is 2019, not 1989.  If you want to win big it sure as heck isn't going to be on the strength of your running game.

The philosophy has always been the same because of the QBs we've had, not because of some intrinsic institutional philosophy that is just ingrained into the DNA of the club. 

Coaching factors into as well though I suppose, as we were absolutely not building the team around the run game during the Munchak years and the Whisenhunt years. Which was the worst period the team has had in TN. 

And regarding the rest of your post, literally your only chance to win consistently without a good QB is by leaning on the run game. 

scine09   
2 minutes ago, tgo said:

The philosophy has always been the same because of the QBs we've had, not because of some intrinsic institutional philosophy that is just ingrained into the DNA of the club. 

Coaching factors into as well though I suppose, as we were absolutely not building the team around the run game during the Munchak years and the Whisenhunt years. Which was the worst period the team has had in TN. 

And regarding the rest of your post, literally your only chance to win consistently without a good QB is by leaning on the run game. 

It took only 5 minutes for you to chime in.  I'm surprised it took that long.  Now all we need is the other run game obsessed poster Big to comment and we'll be good to go. 

Edited by scine09

20 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It took only 5 minutes for you to chime in.  I'm surprised it took that long.  Now all we need is the other run game obsessed poster Big to comment and we'll be good to go. 

I’m actually waiting for Oman to come in and tell everyone for the 73839936274937th time that Derrick Henry was almost traded. 

rns90   
35 minutes ago, scine09 said:

What kind of philosophy do you want to run when the QB can't either string together a bunch of solid passing games or gets injured alot?  I'm not a big proponent of run heavy game plans but Vrabel is doing what he thinks is best for winning games.

big2033   
1 hour ago, bizzyeddie said:

I didn't really see Henry as the "hot hand" until the trade rumors came up. Derrick and Dion were playing the same, except Dion could catch. THAT was the problem.