Sign in to follow this  
big2033

Titans want to build offense around Derrick Henry

Yes, of the last 4 games of the 2017 season Henry had less than 10 carries in 3 of them.  He had only 51 yards against the Jags in the last regular season game against the Jags who had an incredible defense that year and especially down the stretch.

4 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Yes, of the last 4 games of the 2017 season Henry had less than 10 carries in 3 of them.  He had only 51 yards against the Jags in the last regular season game against the Jags who had an incredible defense that year and especially down the stretch.

OK, but my point is that he didn't set the world on fire 'at the end of 2017 and carry that into the playoff game against KC.'  He was just good against KC.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Maybe people don't understand he significance of this. 

How about"broken tackles".  see this https://www.footballoutsiders.com/2017/rotopass-broken-tackles

Barkley is kind of out there by himself but he also had 352 touches to Henry's 230.

Barkley broke a tackle on average 27% of the time which is ridiculous for the number of touches he had.

Henry broke tackles 24% of the time which is darn good. 

Henry's was clocked at almost 22 MPH last year and was one of the fastest Rbs in the NFL in the open field.

So let's get this right.

One of the best at breaking tackles.  One of the best at forcing missed tackles.  One of the fastest open field runners.

Yea, build the offense around him. 

5 hours ago, Soxcat said:

6.8 YPC, a 35 yard TD and 156 Yards.  Just good?

Dude.  Can you read?  Read my whole post.  The 'just' is there to say he wasn't good in the games leading up to his good game against KC.

6 hours ago, japan said:

Dude.  Can you read?  Read my whole post.  The 'just' is there to say he wasn't good in the games leading up to his good game against KC.

Yeah! read @japan's posts, since he already decided to communoicate better!

(I am supproting you @japan .. do not dare to put me a WTF emoji... )

10 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Maybe people don't understand he significance of this. 

How about"broken tackles".  see this https://www.footballoutsiders.com/2017/rotopass-broken-tackles

Barkley is kind of out there by himself but he also had 352 touches to Henry's 230.

Barkley broke a tackle on average 27% of the time which is ridiculous for the number of touches he had.

Henry broke tackles 24% of the time which is darn good. 

Henry's was clocked at almost 22 MPH last year and was one of the fastest Rbs in the NFL in the open field.

So let's get this right.

One of the best at breaking tackles.  One of the best at forcing missed tackles.  One of the fastest open field runners.

Yea, build the offense around him. 

Dion Lewis broke tackles at a higher rate and is likely the best receiving back in the entire NFL.... tell me again how that stat matters when deciding who to build an offense around

if you want a better pure runner, DH is likely your guy but it’s not because he’s some beast that was breaking tackles left and right