Sign in to follow this  
Kyle021

Ed Oliver

Kyle021   

I would absolutely love to see us make a move for him if he drops out of the top 10

this guy is going to be dominant and paired with Casey in nickel situations would make for a fierce pass rush. He is also good at the run. 

Extremely explosive and violent. I love his game more than I like Williams

tgo   

The Titans are looking at him as an OLB. They've talked to him about playing OLB per reports. 

Just now, tgo said:

The Titans are looking at him as an OLB. They've talked to him about playing OLB per reports. 

Ehhh not quite sure its that simple... I think they asked him to do some drills at the rush LB position to gauge the extent of his versatility. He's clearly a rare athlete so it makes sense to see if you add him to your team how many ways can you get him on the field, especially considering we already have a damn good 3-tech in Casey (his assumed position). So if you get Oliver you want to make sure you are able to get the most out of him which only makes your defense better because you become more scheme malleable. In Oliver you have a player that can play any position on the defensive line, and if need be can come off the edge. 

He has a lot of potential. I think there is some concern that he wins battles off his physical gifts alone. If he can add one unstoppable counter to his repertoire and has a good motor then he's going to be extremely good.

tgo   
8 minutes ago, titansfan said:

Ehhh not quite sure its that simple... I think they asked him to do some drills at the rush LB position to gauge the extent of his versatility. He's clearly a rare athlete so it makes sense to see if you add him to your team how many ways can you get him on the field, especially considering we already have a damn good 3-tech in Casey (his assumed position). So if you get Oliver you want to make sure you are able to get the most out of him which only makes your defense better because you become more scheme malleable. In Oliver you have a player that can play any position on the defensive line, and if need be can come off the edge. 

He has a lot of potential. I think there is some concern that he wins battles off his physical gifts alone. If he can add one unstoppable counter to his repertoire and has a good motor then he's going to be extremely good.

Yeah, so the way this defense works is the OLBs rush inside sometimes. Derrick Morgan did it quite a bit last year. 

See Trey Flowers, Za'Darius Smith, Jadaveon Clowney. OLBs. They rush inside sometimes in packages. 

Pretty simple. 

He sure as fuck ain't playing the 5 tech position or the 0/1 tech position on this defense!

Edited by tgo