Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

AAS: I Want Marcus to Be our Franchise QB

OILERMAN   

Actually the tone of the article is a little more comforting. It sounds like she knows he has to turn it around this year or else. 

OILERMAN   
Just now, Justafan said:

Sounds like what they said about Mularkey... right before they fired him.

After I read it that's kinda what I thought, like she knew his time was running out

Justafan   
Just now, OILERMAN said:

After I read it that's kinda what I thought, like she knew his time was running out

I was being sarcastic... kinda.  He's definitely not safe going into the fifth year.  I think EVERYONE knows what a critical juncture the team is at.  Huge decisions after this year to be made.

I want him to do well too, but if he doesn't show up in 2019, he needs to find 20+ mil/yr elsewhere while we ride Tannehill to the next one. 

MIKE75   
16 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Uh oh

This reminds me of Bud's love for VY

The same exact thought popped up for me as well. I am thinking to myself i know she isn't gonna pull no dumb shit like forcing a player on coaches like Bud did. Back in 2006/2007 Jeff just accepted it along with Floyd. Now with JRob and Vrabel they aren't gonna just sit back and accept it they would reason with her to see things for what they are.

I am a big fan of JRob who i think is the best GM we've had since Floyd and i really like Vrabel and i really do hope that if Marcus fails that JRob/Vrabel get their chance to develop their own QB. As much as i like Mariota i like the team more and if he has to go he has to go.

I'm curious about why they keep announcing that Mariota is the starter. Is he or his agent that insecure?

Edited by MIKE75

ctm   

“We needed to do our part, too, to help Marcus, to get more pieces,” Strunk said.

You don't have to read between the lines to know what's coming in the draft.  Hint....it's not defense first and OL in round 3.

Edited by ctm