Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Coaches' Breakfast Topics

tgo   
Just now, Jonboy said:

Biggest news to me seems to be that Pamphile has a legitimate chance to start at RG.

Agreed. Robinson mentioned him first the other day, and Vrabel seemed to take it a step further. 

I have him penciled in as the RG starter personally, even if we draft someone who could take over later.

Pamphile could end up being a dominant guard I think, esp if Conklin regains form. 

Justafan   

Ugh on Pamphille starting at RG.  PFF has given him grades of 50.8, 66.7, 38.6, and 42.0 from 2014 to 2017 and a grade of 52.0 in limited action last year.  

The dude is a valuable backup because he's versatile enough to play across the line but as a starter.  No.  Not an acceptable starter IMO.  

Soxcat   

The coaches like Jones a hell of a lot more than fans on this board.  I think Jones is fine.  Get four other guys on the OL that can play and we are fine. 

Pamphile's grades were mostly at OT where he was decent in pass protection but horrible run blocking.  It will be interesting how he does strictly at OG at first glance he seems athletic but not strong at the POA. 

RG is obviously high on JRob's list and the need there is real high.  If I had to guess, barring an unforeseen FA signing, we bring in a rookie who competes with Pamphile for that spot.  Maybe the rookie doesn't win it right away but the anticipation IMO would be for Pamphile to never see much work as a starter.  Thus we might see a RG taken fairly earlier.  At least in the first 4 rounds. 

Number9   
27 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Honestly, can't say enough good things about the ownership and coaches. Progressive thinking is very refreshing. 

This is the first step toward a championship.  The Titans are starting to get some stability and a sincere purpose.  It's odd to say, but Amy is our third directing owner in less than a decade.  Now we have JRob on her watch consistently improving the roster.  Vrabel has come in with a winning attitude.  All this is flowing through the organization and the team knows the Titans are about playing winning football.  Since this started the Titans have gone from 5-27 to 28-17 when you include the one playoff appearance record.  

When you consider all the coaching changes and injuries, that's no small accomplishment.  Now, they push forward.