Sign in to follow this  
KingTitan8

Rashaan Evans

Weirdly enough Turron Davenport dropped a Evans article today...good timing @KingTitan8

The article was interesting though because it hints more at how we will use Evan's pass rushing ability more this upcoming season.

That would explain why they are looking into ILB such as Devin Bush, Blake Cashman, Khalil Hodge, and Mike Smith if they are planning to employ Evans as an EDGE more often this year. I doubt it, as Evans fits the mold of a strong down hill ILB, but it makes you wonder how dynamic they could be.

Soxcat   

If we only have one ILB on the field it will be Brown.  Thus it is easy to get Evans a few snaps on the outside to spell one of the other guys. 

Nothing wrong with getting another ILB mid to late round (Brown was a 5th round pick).  We need depth and STs.

That is why it makes sense for JRob to trade up for Evans.  High quality ILB who can also be real effective playing some snaps on the edge.  Makes him very valuable.   If we have some injury we might see him starting outside for some games.   

1 hour ago, titanskick8851 said:

Weirdly enough Turron Davenport dropped a Evans article today...good timing @KingTitan8

The article was interesting though because it hints more at how we will use Evan's pass rushing ability more this upcoming season.

That would explain why they are looking into ILB such as Devin Bush, Blake Cashman, Khalil Hodge, and Mike Smith if they are planning to employ Evans as an EDGE more often this year. I doubt it, as Evans fits the mold of a strong down hill ILB, but it makes you wonder how dynamic they could be.

Def use him on the edge some because we are fairly weak there but gotta keep him on the inside on run situations, that man is bull

Helios   

I don't see him on the edge much if at all this season if we go DE with the first pick. I still see him out there inside most of the time and will be fighting Woodyard and more than likely overtake him at some point in the season(that's the dream at least), he's a heatseeker when locked in.

5 hours ago, Helios said:

I don't see him on the edge much if at all this season if we go DE with the first pick. I still see him out there inside most of the time and will be fighting Woodyard and more than likely overtake him at some point in the season(that's the dream at least), he's a heatseeker when locked in.

He can be either or both. He was edge for much of his football life. 

I think we we are looking for a very versatile LB group. Some guys slightly more specialized to pass or run d.. but Evans can do it all. 

Mythos27   
3 minutes ago, Huston said:

I was so wrong about this guy being just a nickel backer.

Yeah, I'll happily hold that L on Jayon. Kid is legit.

Huston   
5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Just imagine that Dline with another penetrating DT or a dominant NT who sets these LBs free.  

Pretty sure they believe they can find both somewhat in this draft.

Justafan   
1 minute ago, Huston said:

Pretty sure they believe they can find both somewhat in this draft.

Yea, it's a great draft for what we need.  An Olineman, an edge, a NT or a 3T/5T depending on what they want and I'm a happy camper.  I think you can find quality guys all the way through this draft.  Hell, I think Jrob is going to do some work in UDFA as well.