Mariota Wants to Play Heavier in 2019

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why can't Mariota get better at pocket awareness AND we get rock solid line to protect him?  It's not an either/or proposition.  Let's do everything we can.  

This just in-----Mariota admits that he'll come into camp fat and out of shape!

Posted Images

“I’m trying to get little heavier for this year. I think it would help me absorb some of the hits. Durability is the (key). I haven’t been able to play a full season yet.”

Also talks about his recovery. 

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/03/25/sports/sports-breaking/marcus-mariota-back-in-hawaii-and-looking-to-add-some-weight/

I would kill to hear the conversations Vrabel and Robinson have had with him behind closed doors.  I'm glad he's finally putting on a little weight.  He's got to do something to stay healthy.  

The Titans have to do their part too though.  You can't let him get hit 70 times on 330 dropbacks.  Every fourth time he dropped back he got hit.  No QB is ever going to be comfortable or healthy under those conditions.  Some of that is poor line play.  Some of that is poor QB play.  Some of that is a running game that didn't work and predictable play calling that put them in bad 3rd downs.  

Mariota has to do his part to stay healthy, but the team around him has to get better too. 

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I would kill to hear the conversations Vrabel and Robinson have had with him behind closed doors.  I'm glad he's finally putting on a little weight.  He's got to do something to stay healthy.  

The Titans have to do their part too though.  You can't let him get hit 70 times on 330 dropbacks.  Every fourth time he dropped back he got hit.  No QB is ever going to be comfortable or healthy under those conditions.  Some of that is poor line play.  Some of that is poor QB play.  Some of that is a running game that didn't work and predictable play calling that put them in bad 3rd downs.  

Mariota has to do his part to stay healthy, but the team around him has to get better too. 

After the Ravens game LaFleuer said MM has to get the ball out of his hands