I googled Mariota Injury.

Number9

After I fanned the smoke away from the old 64', I searched the mountain of hits to try to find out what's hurt and why do they keep saying he's healing.  He got hurt December 16, 2018.  He was listed as questioning prior to the season final, then ruled out.  Now if he was questionable December 16, 2018 just one week after being injured, why is Vrabel saying on March 24, 2019 that Marcus is healing up and making progress.  Why don't they say he's 100% healthy and ready to play?  

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-coach-mike-vrabel-talks-qbs-marcus-mariota-ryan-tannehill-and-the-need-fo

Vrabel said Mariota is healing up from his injuries from 2018.

“I think I do,” Vrabel said. “After our conversations together – we text and we talk and I say: ‘How are you feeling? How’s the family? How’s everything else?’ So I think he is enjoying some time away from this thing and he is really focused on coming back healthy and he’s excited about moving forward with (offensive coordinator) Arthur Smith and the staff. We made an addition with (tight ends coach) Todd Downing.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My takeaway from the original post is that Mariota is still "healing" and not "healed".  This tells me that his injury (injuries?) were far worse than the coaching staff let on.  

You started a new thread for this.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

You started a new thread for this.

Yes and it's already popular because fans want to know.  When will he be 100% healthy to play contact NFL football?  Training camps start in a few weeks, it's important to know if our QB will be available.

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Yes and it's already popular because fans want to know.  When will he be 100% healthy to play contact NFL football?  Training camps start in a few weeks, it's important to know if our QB will be available.

My point is that there is no new info and starting another Marcus thread doesn't help with the overkill as it is.

Edited by Huston

1 minute ago, Huston said:

My point is that there is no new info and starting another Marcus thread doesn't help with the overkill as it is.

I apologize.  Hopefully this thread will only be about his health and we will end up with some kind of prognosis as to when he will be 100%.

Just now, BudAdams said:

The way I understood it at the time, the decision was made to not have surgery and let it heal with the time frame being somewhat ambiguous. 

I remember that being the plan.  I did find Vrabel saying in the video(1:34) that he expects Marcus to be ready for the first camps.  The main reason I asked is because last year was different.  The injury could be aggravated over and over.  This last injury kinda got combined into the ongoing elbow injury, so it would be good to get a 100% healthy diagnosis about both issues.  I think the Titans are pretty solid across the board and can compete with any team in the league.  The optimal way to do that is to have the same guy calling signals for 16 games.

I'm not a doc or a PT, but an ulnar nerve injury ain't gonna go away without surgery. I talked to a guy who had it basically removed, which causes a loss of feeling. 

I personally have ulnar nerve issues and it's on again off again. Sometimes if I rest my elbows on the table or sleep wrong, my ring/pinky fingers go numb. It's really weird. 

It was my understanding that Marcus' injury at the end of the season was a stinger caused by trauma or compression of the nerve bundle in his neck/shoulder.  It was a separate nerve issue that was unrelated to the ulnar nerve injury he sustained in the season opener, which was caused by trauma to the elbow. 

Same arm...different nerve, different issue.

I won't even be particularly concerned if he's still healing up in April....as long as he's ready to go in August.

1 minute ago, nine said:

It was my understanding that Marcus' injury at the end of the season was a stinger caused by trauma or compression of the nerve bundle in his neck/shoulder.  It was a separate nerve issue that was unrelated to the ulnar nerve injury he sustained in the season opener, which was caused by trauma to the elbow. 

Same arm...different nerve, different issue.

I won't even be particularly concerned if he's still healing up in April....as long as he's ready to go in August.

IDK.  It would be somewhat concerning IMO if he is not healthy in OTAs after 3 months plus of rest given his history.

To be honest I don't think anyone outside of the organization has any clue whatsoever about this nerve deal. I've never seen such an ambiguous injury situation. It's like the perfect storm of the rarity of the injury combined with our Gestapo like FO in terms of sharing information.

One thing I'll say is I just have a tough time believing that the injury in the Redskin game was totally independent of the Opening Day. Same with Indy. I just don't buy it.

If I had to guess I'd say the original nerve issue never resolved itself during the season but the team also never expected it to. I think the 2 options were either play with an injury that would vaccilate in severity throughout the season or just rest until a 100%. The rest option probably was a few months so they obviously went with the former. 

Either way, the team doesn't seem overly concerned about it so I'm expecting him to be a 100% after a few months of rest.

I also expect him to have a good year if a 100%....