Gronk is retiring

Adams

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These Dudes always lose so much weight so fast when they get off the PEDs   https://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/a28245216/rob-gronkowski-weight-loss-nfl-retirement/    

So... just Rob Owski now?

Well post the tweet then. All you had to do was copy and paste the link instead of typing that you saw a tweet.       

Posted Images

The greatest TE ever. Gonzalez has the longevity and was great in his own right, but Gronk to me is the GOAT TE. His past years were plagued by injuries, but when healthy (or even 50%), he was the Megatron/Moss of TEs. His level of dominance alone in his first 3-4 seasons was unlike anything a TE has ever done.

This is the biggest loss Brady has probably ever had on offense. Bigger than Moss, Hernandez, Welker, Cooks etc....He is also one of the best blocking TEs as well, so the loss will be felt in a few areas.

The road for Super Bowl #7 just got much harder. Not putting it against TB12 to win #7, but this is a huge blow to their offense, though they have probably known about this coming for quite some time.

39 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Wow.  Big blow to the Pats.  Not completely surprising but I thought he would play at least another year.

He may have if the Pats had lost to the Rams. Now is as good a time as any to get out. He's about to turn 30 so he'll still be more than young enough to enjoy his spoils and he'll have plenty of opportunities coming his way that he can take part in now that football is out of the way.

I'm shocked that Tom Brady hasn't retired yet. I'm starting to think that he's afraid of retiring, like he doesn't have any post-career plans except to be Giselle's errand boy. I mean, the Pats have already been more successful than any other franchise ever has or ever will. 9 Super Bowl appearances in 18 years is an impossible feat. What else is left to prove?

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

He may have if the Pats had lost to the Rams. Now is as good a time as any to get out. He's about to turn 30 so he'll still be more than young enough to enjoy his spoils and he'll have plenty of opportunities coming his way that he can take part in now that football is out of the way.

I'm shocked that Tom Brady hasn't retired yet. I'm starting to think that he's afraid of retiring, like he doesn't have any post-career plans except to be Giselle's errand boy. I mean, the Pats have already been more successful than any other franchise ever has or ever will. 9 Super Bowl appearances in 18 years is an impossible feat. What else is left to prove?

I think the dude is just an unreal competitor.  Only thing I can think of.  I never thought I would say this but Gronk has been smart.  Getting out early with some money after 1 big contract is the way to do it.  

7 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I think the dude is just an unreal competitor.  Only thing I can think of.  I never thought I would say this but Gronk has been smart.  Getting out early with some money after 1 big contract is the way to do it.  

Gronk figures he's been injured enough. If he can get out now while he's as healthy as he's going to get all the better. He plays the role of a party animal very well, but he's not a meathead. At least not totally.

He's got a great future in product endorsements, and he's good on television with that Tebowesque likability; he'll end up making more off the field while retaining whatever degree of health and mental acuity he currently has.