Sign in to follow this  
IsntLifeFunny

How wealth is distrubted

This is another question for my Republican friends: 

Who here believes an American working 40 hours a week shouldn’t be provided with healthcare or retirement benefits? 

Is it equitable for the richest people to pay the lowest rates? Do you support Amazon (I know you guys hate Bezos) getting a tax return? Is it okay for Walmart to not pay income taxes while they purposely place their employees on Medicaid? 

Is it okay for small businesses to pay a much larger marginal rate than multinational conglomerates? 

From what I can see, and please provide evidence if I’m wrong, that this is the Republican platform in terms of economics. 

I’m asking these questions in a genuine manner, not as some gotcha. I don’t want to hear about unemployment levels. I’d rather discuss wealth disparity and if that is an end function of capitalism that we not only accept but promote through the government. 

No you are not asking in a genuine manner, just like in your last stupid thread you jumped on the first person who doesnt have the same political views as you. 

Hey @Jamalisms, should not you be merging all these stupid threads ILF is starting? Seems to be spamming the board?

Or how about @Legaltitan's thread for each dem candidate after there was already a thread on the candidates combined? Again, just seems like spam. I mean, you keep merging @TennesseeTuxedo.

Edited by LongTimeFan

3 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

No you are not asking in a genuine manner, just like in your last stupid thread you jumped on the first person who doesnt have the same political views as you. 

Hey @Jamalisms, should not you be merging all these stupid threads ILF is starting? Seems to be spamming the board?

Or how about @Legaltitan's thread for each dem candidate after there was already a thread on the candidates combined? Again, just seems like spam. I mean, you keep merging @TennesseeTuxedo.

That’s an interesting response. The person in the last thread told me Trump had it. I don’t call that a response, but at least this is one. It’s a start. 

Yes, wealth inequality is a big problem for many reasons. I personally don't think any able bodied person who wants to work and who contributes to society should have to struggle. Not just paying bills, but putting money back for retirement. I could see the middle class becoming a minority at the current rate of wealth distribution. The ultra wealthy are monopolizing literally everything from real estate to goods. At the current rate of greed from companies like Amazon and Walmart who are getting their hands on everything, small business is going to disappear. Nobody can compete with them. Malls are shutting down, and businesses that have been around for decades are going under.

Many jobs aren't keeping up with inflation, and some are paying less now than they were 10 or more years ago. This should not be. This is why many people have to work two or more jobs just to make ends meet. Throw in a financially devastating medical emergency and they are done.

Taxes should be based in income, and I actually think they should be based on profit. Large companies should not get tax breaks. Amazon and Walmart are both disgustingly greedy companies. I would be ok if they paid in 70% or more in taxes. An average family of 4 should not have to struggle while the ultra wealthy live in excess. Small businesses should receive substantial tax cuts as well, to help level the playing field, and give them a chance to make it. 

As far as supporting Amazon, I think many of us are guilty of using them due to the convenience, but I generally try and use Ebay as much as possible for online purchases because I am supporting more individuals and small businesses, and honestly better deals can be found.

Edited by Former_Fan

Who here believes our governemt should pay lazy fucks to not work and pay for abortions because a bitch was too stupid to use protection?

Imagine how much money we'd have to give benefits and healthcare to those deserving if we werent paying for ppl to sit in their homes and fuck all day and make babies just to get a handout or kill them. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

5 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

Yes, wealth inequality is a big problem for many reasons. I personally don't think any able bodied person who wants to work and who contributes to society should have to struggle. Not just paying bills, but putting money back for retirement. I could see the middle class becoming a minority at the current rate of wealth distribution. The ultra wealthy are monopolizing literally everything from real estate to goods. At the current rate of greed from companies like Amazon and Walmart who are getting their hands on everything, small business is going to disappear. Nobody can compete with them. Malls are shutting down, and businesses that have been around for decades are going under.

Many jobs aren't keeping up with inflation, and some are paying less now than they were 10 or more years ago. This should not be. This is why many people have to work two or more jobs just to make ends meet. Throw in a financially devastating medical emergency and they are done.

Taxes should be based in income, and I actually think they should be based on profit. Large companies should not get tax breaks. Amazon and Walmart are both disgustingly greedy companies. I would be ok if they paid in 70% or more in taxes. An average family of 4 should not have to struggle while the ultra wealthy live in excess. Small businesses should receive substantial tax cuts as well, to help level the playing field, and give them a chance to make it. 

As far as supporting Amazon, I think many of us are guilty of using them due to the convenience, but I generally try and use Ebay as much as possible for online purchases because I am supporting more individuals and small businesses, and honestly better deals can be found.

I was hoping to hear your comments when I made this post. You are likely the only conservative leaning poster on the board I respect besides Cyrus and Alzarius. Good take. 

Justafan   
5 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

All about raising taxes on Megacompanies or even better breaking them up and instead, cutting taxes on small businesses that have at least a couple employees.  That would be a huge boon to the economy.  

Downtown   
9 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

To be clear, there is a stark difference between a poster starting a thread with actual typed-out original thought and starting multiple threads that simply embed tweets from sensationalist and opinion-based twitter accounts. Do you honestly not see the difference? 

Downtown   
4 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Who here believes our governemt should pay lazy fucks to not work and pay for abortions because a bitch was too stupid to use protection?

Imagine how much money we'd have to give benefits and healthcare to those deserving if we werent paying for ppl to sit in their homes and fuck all day and make babies just to get a handout or kill them. 

Ah. Simple Jake. You just can’t understand complexity and must always reduce issues to either Black and White or ridiculously “simple” logic. 

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

All about raising taxes on Megacompanies or even better breaking them up and instead, cutting taxes on small businesses that have at least a couple employees.  That would be a huge boon to the economy.  

Something needs to be done with these Megacompanies. Lets look at the end game. First off, imagine 2 or 3 companies running basically every aspect of our lives. They will not stop at selling goods and offering TV streaming packages. These companies want to own every market. There will be no alternatives or choices. They will own the market on everything. Once they do this, they can price everything however they want, as there will be no competition. We will have no choices, and thus no freedom.

This is a huge danger to our economy long term. It is time to take action now before it is too late. 

12 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This is another question for my Republican friends: 

Who here believes an American working 40 hours a week shouldn’t be provided with healthcare or retirement benefits? 

Me.

Is it equitable for the richest people to pay the lowest rates?

They don't.

Do you support Amazon (I know you guys hate Bezos) getting a tax return? I

You don't GET a tax return, you FILE a tax return.

Is it okay for Walmart to not pay income taxes while they purposely place their employees on Medicaid? 

One has nothing to do with the other and they can't place anyone on Medicaid.

Is it okay for small businesses to pay a much larger marginal rate than multinational conglomerates? 

Yes.

I’m asking these questions in a genuine manner

I wouldn't admit that if I were you.