Mueller Report

ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its sad many on the right will ignore how bad this report is for Trump. He obstructed justice by any measurable criteria and it will be glossed over by half the country. 

"There wasn't collusion.   There was just a documented, coordinated effort through many layers of the campaign, rising up to the campaign chairman and including the President's own family (n

Posted Images

2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Now that all the knee jerk reactions to the report are over I think 99.9% can agree that collusion is dead. If you still want to go down that road, please do and make more of an ass of yourself.

As for obstruction, you need to think of Trumps ego and that he came from a place where he could fire anyone without any repercussion because he owned the company.

Now he is in a place where he is told he is not the target of the investigation multiple times but he cant get that out to the public. So you bet he is fucking pissed. People concocting outrageous stories with no fact basis and his top FBI and DOJ won't/can't do anything about it.  And a pissed off person can do some stupid things. Of the 10 things listed, only telling McGahn to get Meuller fired is one with any legs. But as pointed out by many here, Trump should thank his lucky stars that McGahn did not follow orders. And yet, Trumps administration never denied a request, gave all documents requested and did not use executive privilege during the process or on any aspect of the report. 

Now, while the left will go down the impeachment path, Barr and Huber and the IG will be doing investigations that MAY be more consequential than any of political attacks going on now.

Translation:

Blah blah blah

No collusion. 

Blah blah blah

He's guilty of obstruction but I don't care.

Blah blah blah

But the dems

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Dont over complicate things. Mueller is as straight a shooter as there is. He knew as a Justice Dept employee Trump cant be indicted per dept policy. Instead he gathered all the facts and intended for Congress to make the decision. His reasoning is sound.

I never thought otherwise. Still, the fact he came to no conclusion on obstruction says a lot to me. He knew for a fact the Dems move for impeachment if he says he’s guilty on obstruction. He’s obviously guilty of it, so why not draw a conclusion? It’s an interesting line, but maybe I am overthinking it. 

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Dont over complicate things. Mueller is as straight a shooter as there is. He knew as a Justice Dept employee Trump cant be indicted per dept policy. Instead he gathered all the facts and intended for Congress to make the decision. His reasoning is sound.

I get why he did it, but Mueller punting to Congress seems like a miss to me.  I don't care about whether he can indict trump or not, he spent 2 yrs investigation obrstruction and can't make a clear statement on that in his report?

I don't think he handled this part right at all

20 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I never thought otherwise. Still, the fact he came to no conclusion on obstruction says a lot to me. He knew for a fact the Dems move for impeachment if he says he’s guilty on obstruction. He’s obviously guilty of it, so why not draw a conclusion? It’s an interesting line, but maybe I am overthinking it. 

I suspect that when he goes in front of Congress he will be asked about whether, if not for presidential protection from charges, he thinks Trump should have been charges with obstruction of justice. 

But I guess Mueller didn’t think it was his role to decide the conclusions, just to find the necessary facts to let Congress decide whether or not to impeach. Maybe he also didn’t think Barr was going to do so much to spin his report in such a pro-Trump manner. 

Edited by Starkiller

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

I suspect that when he goes in front of Congress he will be asked about whether, if not for presidential protection from charges, he thinks Trump should have been charges with obstruction of justice. 

But I guess Mueller didn’t think it was his role to decide the conclusions, just to find the necessary facts to let Congress decide whether or not to impeach. 

I think he will simply stand by the report. They won’t fence him into answering a question he refused to answer over 440 pages. Like I said, the conclusion he made is an interesting one. 

5 hours ago, oldschool said:

Except the part where he has any faith in congress to do anything, yeah he nailed it. 

Any reasoning that included Republicans turning on Trump was flawed from the start. 

4 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Now that all the knee jerk reactions to the report are over I think 99.9% can agree that collusion is dead. If you still want to go down that road, please do and make more of an ass of yourself.

As for obstruction, you need to think of Trumps ego and that he came from a place where he could fire anyone without any repercussion because he owned the company.

Now he is in a place where he is told he is not the target of the investigation multiple times but he cant get that out to the public. So you bet he is fucking pissed. People concocting outrageous stories with no fact basis and his top FBI and DOJ won't/can't do anything about it.  And a pissed off person can do some stupid things. Of the 10 things listed, only telling McGahn to get Meuller fired is one with any legs. But as pointed out by many here, Trump should thank his lucky stars that McGahn did not follow orders. And yet, Trumps administration never denied a request, gave all documents requested and did not use executive privilege during the process or on any aspect of the report. 

Now, while the left will go down the impeachment path, Barr and Huber and the IG will be doing investigations that MAY be more consequential than any of political attacks going on now.

He put down multiple times on his written responses that he was thoroughly coached on that he couldn't remember after his lawyers refused to let him be questioned by Mueller. He also made sure his hand picked AG had first spin on what the report said twice before it was released mid day on the day of departure for a holiday weekend. If he wasn't prepared to work under the long established constraints of the office of the president, then WTF did he run?

Edited by No1TitansFan

10 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

He put down multiple times on his written responses that he was thoroughly coached on that he couldn't remember after his lawyers refused to let him be questioned by Mueller. He also made sure his hand picked AG had first spin on what the report said twice before it was released mid day on the day of departure for a holiday weekend. If he wasn't prepared to work under the long established constraints of the office of the president, then WTF did he run?

He didn't know the rules of the Presidency. 

He also didn't really believe he was going to win.

None of this was really suppose to happen. 

But it did.

23 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Except the part where he has any faith in congress to do anything, yeah he nailed it. 

Any reasoning that included Republicans turning on Trump was flawed from the start. 

He knew Republicans weren’t turning on Trump regardless of the evidence. Since he couldn’t prove conspiracy this was his best play. Obstruction is obvious, but it would have went nowhere in Congress, and it would have assured Trump’s re-election. At least that’s all I can conclude, because obstruction is plain as day. He tried to shut down the investigation twice, the first of which he openly admitted was to get rid of the investigation and the second which led to his lead council resigning. Intent is obvious. 

What conclusion do you draw? 

Trump's written answers to Mueller's questions were an absolute joke. All but one he used the term I do not recall. 

And then this beauty:

From the report:

Further, the Office learned that some of the individuals we interviewed or whose conduct we investigated-including some associated with the Trump Campaign — deleted relevant communications or communicated during the relevant period using applications that feature encryption or that do not provide for long-term retention of data or communications records. In such cases, the Office was not able to corroborate witness statements through comparison to contemporaneous communications or fully question witnesses about statements that appeared inconsistent with other known facts.

I wonder why they were deleting their communications on their apps? Weird