Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Is that really a serious question?

Do you REALLY believe there would be a president Trump if the Democrat party had put a real candidate on the ballot instead of their preordained, vindictive queen?

The one far too many people had seen as an elitist, lying through her teeth and changing her story and crushing people who stood in her way politically, countless times?

Do you really believe her to be credible?

Do you still not understand that the Never Hillary movement in this country was way bigger than the Never Trumpers?

Just because the networks didn't give them any airtime doesn't mean there wasn't tens of millions of them us, and still are.

This point is vastly underrated and not talked about nearly enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue   
8 minutes ago, NFLStudent said:

This point is vastly underrated and not talked about nearly enough.

While I agree with Duckie, I believe the majority of people admit she was a shitty candidate and even worse for the time.  I'm not sure why it's not nearly talked about enough.  Is there a reason we should be talking about her and not all the other presidential election losers?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rogue said:

While I agree with Duckie, I believe the majority of people admit she was a shitty candidate and even worse for the time.  I'm not sure why it's not nearly talked about enough.  Is there a reason we should be talking about her and not all the other presidential election losers?  

I think it should be about the lesson that apparently wasn't learned.  A lot of people, especially here on this forum were all-in.  The gloating I mentioned before wasn't just about Trump being removed from office, before that it was about the surety with which those on the left, especially in the media, talked about how the election was just a formality.  They were absolutely certain it was a forgone conclusion. 

The thread here about how many Electoral College votes she would win by is a prime example.

It never entered most of their minds that she even could lose.  And now half of them speak about her as a candidate in worse terms than I do.

I know you and I discussed it, and we were ridiculed along with anyone else who dared to step off that train.

 

Just like some of them were certain Trump either wouldn't make it to inauguration or would be impeached/removed shortly thereafter.  Then Mueller was going to hang him.

 

So I guess my next question would be, when will the left direct their ire at the media?  When will they get pissed at the pundits and the "news" casters and copy writers that get it so wrong.  Repeatedly.  And now they're doing it again. 

Because Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder could be trusted but Bob Barr can't?  WTF?

 

What happened to the old saying:  "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?"

When do people start telling Maddow and Scarborough and Olberman and Matthews et al that they're just not trusted any longer?  That their word has proven to be shit?

Because it has been.  They haven't been right in over 3 years.

 

Is confirmation bias that strong?  Is the reinforcement of an echo chamber so desirable that it's okay to spin one's head full of fantasy scenarios based on wishes instead of facts?  Is there no more room for even moderate or healthy levels of skepticism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
4 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Wow, you are not only privy to the Mueller report, but also to classified investigative material from the House and Senate intelligence committees? Damn, you must have some high-level access!

You’re breaking your own rule!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pamo9 said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/436440-poll-just-36-percent-say-mueller-report-clears-trump

 

 

Mueller report be damned - only 36% (the hard core crazies) say report clears Trump

 

Hey Touched The Tard, you hardly ever bring this bat shit crazy bitch to the front. Is this one your right or left hand?

Edited by ManningEnvy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Btowner   
2 hours ago, pamo9 said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/436440-poll-just-36-percent-say-mueller-report-clears-trump

 

 

Mueller report be damned - only 36% (the hard core crazies) say report clears Trump

 

This is why Trump, Fox News and his sycophants were so quick to establish the "100% exonerated" talking points. They are betting that due to the grand jury testimony and/or national security concerns, the odds of getting the full report decreases and if it's a heavily redacted release, the narrative has been set.

 

This feels like OJ Simpson running around shouting he was fully exonerated. You know a jury found him innocent, the glove didn't fit, but we suspect not being able to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" is why he got away with murder.

Edited by Btowner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolltide   

What about that personal meeting with Putin in Moscow? And what about the $145M Trump received from his Russian minions. Pretty clear collusion there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue   
2 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I think it should be about the lesson that apparently wasn't learned.  A lot of people, especially here on this forum were all-in.  The gloating I mentioned before wasn't just about Trump being removed from office, before that it was about the surety with which those on the left, especially in the media, talked about how the election was just a formality.  They were absolutely certain it was a forgone conclusion. 

The thread here about how many Electoral College votes she would win by is a prime example.

It never entered most of their minds that she even could lose.  And now half of them speak about her as a candidate in worse terms than I do.

I know you and I discussed it, and we were ridiculed along with anyone else who dared to step off that train.

 

Just like some of them were certain Trump either wouldn't make it to inauguration or would be impeached/removed shortly thereafter.  Then Mueller was going to hang him.

 

So I guess my next question would be, when will the left direct their ire at the media?  When will they get pissed at the pundits and the "news" casters and copy writers that get it so wrong.  Repeatedly.  And now they're doing it again. 

Because Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder could be trusted but Bob Barr can't?  WTF?

 

What happened to the old saying:  "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?"

When do people start telling Maddow and Scarborough and Olberman and Matthews et al that they're just not trusted any longer?  That their word has proven to be shit?

Because it has been.  They haven't been right in over 3 years.

 

Is confirmation bias that strong?  Is the reinforcement of an echo chamber so desirable that it's okay to spin one's head full of fantasy scenarios based on wishes instead of facts?  Is there no more room for even moderate or healthy levels of skepticism?

I guess about the time people tell FoxNews they aren't trusted anymore.  How many Obama scandals did they obsess over?  Did you know the DOJ submitted more Fast and Furious documents to Congress?  That was over a year ago.  How much have you heard about the results?  I'm guessing somewhere between diddly and squat.  

 

It's not just the left, which is where you and I tend to disagree on these issues.  I don't have cable news anymore.  It's nice.  I wished they'd all lose consumers as I think cable news is largely garbage, yet it's what many people want to consume.  So, what to do about it?  I don't know.  I stopped watching, that's about all I can do.  

 

That said, even more dominating than cable news is social media news, IMO.  More people are following their particular ideologues on social media than cable news, I would guess.  At least in terms of partisans.  So confirmation bias?  Absolutely.  Confined to one side?  Not even remotely.  

 

That said, all the things that happened with actors involving Russia or links to Russia, happened.  It is a healthy list.  Nothing illegal, but remember, it was Trump that said no one in his campaign had anything to do with Russians.  When you start the conversation by lying, you can expect reactions.  

 

Personally, I think the report should be made public, as much as they legally can.  We need to know what Mueller found out about methods of interfering with our elections and work to guard against it.  And I think Democrats need to move on, but I suspect they won't.  The same way the right never moved on from Benghazi (at least until the election was over).  This is modern politics, and it sucks.  

 

I will agree though, that the left still has an arrogance that Trump is going to lose in 2020.  There's a little more reluctance thus far, but we're just getting started.  I suspect they'll be partying again before the election occurs.  Bringing up Hillary won't change that.  Ironically, the old guard Democrats seem to be the ones doing it the most.  The younger group seems a lot less confident in that, perhaps because they realized in a big way what can happen and new to the game.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I guess about the time people tell FoxNews they aren't trusted anymore.  How many Obama scandals did they obsess over?  Did you know the DOJ submitted more Fast and Furious documents to Congress?  That was over a year ago.  How much have you heard about the results?  I'm guessing somewhere between diddly and squat.  

 

It's not just the left, which is where you and I tend to disagree on these issues.  I don't have cable news anymore.  It's nice.  I wished they'd all lose consumers as I think cable news is largely garbage, yet it's what many people want to consume.  So, what to do about it?  I don't know.  I stopped watching, that's about all I can do.  

 

That said, even more dominating than cable news is social media news, IMO.  More people are following their particular ideologues on social media than cable news, I would guess.  At least in terms of partisans.  So confirmation bias?  Absolutely.  Confined to one side?  Not even remotely.  

 

That said, all the things that happened with actors involving Russia or links to Russia, happened.  It is a healthy list.  Nothing illegal, but remember, it was Trump that said no one in his campaign had anything to do with Russians.  When you start the conversation by lying, you can expect reactions.  

 

Personally, I think the report should be made public, as much as they legally can.  We need to know what Mueller found out about methods of interfering with our elections and work to guard against it.  And I think Democrats need to move on, but I suspect they won't.  The same way the right never moved on from Benghazi (at least until the election was over).  This is modern politics, and it sucks.  

 

I will agree though, that the left still has an arrogance that Trump is going to lose in 2020.  There's a little more reluctance thus far, but we're just getting started.  I suspect they'll be partying again before the election occurs.  Bringing up Hillary won't change that.  Ironically, the old guard Democrats seem to be the ones doing it the most.  The younger group seems a lot less confident in that, perhaps because they realized in a big way what can happen and new to the game.  

 

 

 

 

I used the Left in this just because the vast majority of the media has been giving the left nothing but the news they've wanted to hear for 3 years now, and have been mostly wrong.

About the election especially, and then the collusion narrative.

It's been mostly non-stop.

But by all indications they're still consuming it at a break-neck pace.

 

The Right doesn't have multiple networks allied to their side.  They have FOX and a handful of internet sources.

 

And I hear ya about cable news.  I cut the cord about 8 years ago and haven't missed a minute of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...