Barr is an interesting case. By all accounts he has very little ties if any to Trump. I've heard from a friend who works on the hill that Barr thinks Trump is a moron but I haven't seen that corroborated  anywhere else so who knows if it's true. What is true is that Barr is a huge proponent of  absolute presidential power. That is what this really about with him. It's a shame his need to defend an ideal is going to tarnish his reputation long after he's gone.

11 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

You left some out

Trump fired Sessions because he recused himself from the Russia investigation, he then tried to get McGhan he get Sessions to unrecuse himself(and lie about it). 

Then he fired Sessions and hired Barr. This was after Barr had interviewed to be Trump’s lawyer and then write a 19 page memo saying Trump couldn’t commit obstruction and the investigation was a witch hunt. 

But yea, Barr was picked by the president like all AGs.... you dishonest Trump loving toadie goon!

Details, details...

begooode   
6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Barr is an interesting case. By all accounts he has very little ties if any to Trump. I've heard from a friend who works on the hill that Barr thinks Trump is a moron but I haven't seen that corroborated  anywhere else so who knows if it's true. What is true is that Barr is a huge proponent of  absolute presidential power. That is what this really about with him. It's a shame his need to defend an ideal is going to tarnish his reputation long after he's gone.

This in-depth article supports your post on Barr: 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/01/william-barr-donald-trump-mueller-report-1295273

But I have to question if Barr's opinion of the president's absolute power seems to depend on the party in office.

Soxcat   
51 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Details, details...

So let me get this right.  You wanted Trump to choose someone who was like ......  Kamala Harris or Booker?  Or maybe someone totally unbiased like Eric Holder (Obama is my boy) or Loretta Tarmac Lynch.  Obviously you libtards are so fing stupid you can't see the hypocrisy.

The ONLY reason you hate Barr is because he is looking at the Mueller report for what it says and not what you want it to say.  The libtard Senator's made complete assholes out of themselves.  They were actually getting on his shit for not doing an investigation to verify the investigation.  Can't fix stupid.

45 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So let me get this right.  You wanted Trump to choose someone who was like ......  Kamala Harris or Booker?  Or maybe someone totally unbiased like Eric Holder (Obama is my boy) or Loretta Tarmac Lynch.

Well Lynch didn't try to cover up the findings of the Clinton investigation the way Barr did with the Mueller report. So yeah, I wish he’d have hired someone like her...

Omar   
44 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So let me get this right.  You wanted Trump to choose someone who was like ......  Kamala Harris or Booker?  Or maybe someone totally unbiased like Eric Holder (Obama is my boy) or Loretta Tarmac Lynch.  Obviously you libtards are so fing stupid you can't see the hypocrisy.

The ONLY reason you hate Barr is because he is looking at the Mueller report for what it says and not what you want it to say.  The libtard Senator's made complete assholes out of themselves.  They were actually getting on his shit for not doing an investigation to verify the investigation.  Can't fix stupid.

Dont forget the pesky fact that Mueller himself is saying Barr is NOT looking at the Mueller report for what it says. "Did not fully capture the context, nature and substance of this office's work and conclusions."

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

You left some out

Trump fired Sessions because he recused himself from the Russia investigation, he then tried to get McGhan he get Sessions to unrecuse himself(and lie about it). 

Then he fired Sessions and hired Barr. This was after Barr had interviewed to be Trump’s lawyer and then write a 19 page memo saying Trump couldn’t commit obstruction and the investigation was a witch hunt. 

But yea, Barr was picked by the president like all AGs.... you dishonest Trump loving toadie goon!

spacer.png

When Holder answers for the 300+ dead Mexican citizens killed with Fast & Furious guns we'll talk.  Until then, he can sit down and STFU.

Barr was AG During the GHW Bush admin.  He's as experienced at running the DOJ as anyone in the country is, and was when Trump nominated him.

Ya putz.

He was hired to fix the mess the DOJ had become under obama.

Don't even get me started on Loretta Lynch. 

58 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Well Lynch didn't try to cover up the findings of the Clinton investigation the way Barr did with the Mueller report. So yeah, I wish he’d have hired someone like her...

Bullshit

100% pure and unadulterated Bovine Scat.

Btowner   
42 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Barr was AG During the GHW Bush admin.  He's as experienced at running the DOJ as anyone in the country is, and was when Trump nominated him.

Ya putz.

He was hired to fix the mess the DOJ had become under obama.

Don't even get me started on Loretta Lynch. 

Barr was hired because Sessions recused himself and he caught Trump's attention because of his opinions on presidential power and the special counsel. Trump supporters and their alternative facts.  Funny stuff.

Edited by Btowner

8 minutes ago, Btowner said:

Barr was hired because Sessions recused himself. Trump supporters and their alternative facts. 

That has zero to do with Barr's previous experience as AG.

If you want to snivel and bitch about Trump hiring a crony, you should be focused on Sessions.  He was on Trump's side in the campaign and helped him get elected.

And Sessions was too inept or too entrenched to fix the glaring problems everyone recognized all along.

Silly libtard.

Btowner   
7 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

That has zero to do with Barr's previous experience as AG.

If you want to snivel and bitch about Trump hiring a crony, you should be focused on Sessions.  He was on Trump's side in the campaign and helped him get elected.

And Sessions was too inept or too entrenched to fix the glaring problems everyone recognized all along.

Silly libtard.

Resort to name calling when you got nothing. I'm not sniveling and bitching about anything. If Trump wanted to fix the mess from the Obama DOJ, he would have hired Barr instead of Sessions.

Trump hiring Barr has more to do with Sessions and the special counsel than anything with Obama. You can't even admit why Trump hired Barr without bringing Obama into the decision. Pathetic and silly Trumptard

Edited by Btowner

12 minutes ago, Btowner said:

If Trump wanted to fix the mess from the Obama DOJ, he would have hired Barr instead of Sessions.

He did.

It just took him a 2nd try to get it right.

Omar   

JFC...so anyone who doesn't cradle Trumps balls while they blow him has to be a liberal huh? So many Americans unable to think for themselves, or formulate their own opinions. Very sad.. 

begooode   
12 minutes ago, Omar said:

JFC...so anyone who doesn't cradle Trumps balls while they blow him has to be a liberal huh? So many Americans unable to think for themselves, or formulate their own opinions. Very sad.. 

"Political hack" is a pejorative term describing a person who is part of the political party apparatus, but whose intentions are more aligned with victory than personal conviction. The term "hired gun" is often used in tandem to further describe the moral bankruptcy of the "hack".

Edited by begooode