Mueller Report

ChesterCopperpot1

1 hour ago, reo said:

The problem is most of us don't have that same faith. 

Even though I got faith in Pelosi, this is exaclty my issue.  With this in Congress hands, its now fully a political battle and Trump has won the political side of the Mueller issue for now.  Dems have to handle this carefully or risk getting Trumps crazy base riled up ahead of the election.

Mueller still should have made his conclusion clear to avoid this mess IMO....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its sad many on the right will ignore how bad this report is for Trump. He obstructed justice by any measurable criteria and it will be glossed over by half the country. 

"There wasn't collusion.   There was just a documented, coordinated effort through many layers of the campaign, rising up to the campaign chairman and including the President's own family (n

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Do you people really think if the people who refused to follow his orders actually followed them things would be any different?  Of course not.  There is nothing that anyone can do at this point to stop Trump with the exception of voting for someone else in 2020.

And for every order that wasn't followed, there were likely four that were followed.

Incorrect. If McGahn followed through with firing Mueller then this thing plays out a lot differently. 

5 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

Even though I got faith in Pelosi, this is exaclty my issue.  With this in Congress hands, its now fully a political battle and Trump has won the political side of the Mueller issue for now.  Dems have to handle this carefully or risk getting Trumps crazy base riled up ahead of the election.

He cant... which is the piece you are missing. All Mueller could do is gather the evidence and present the report to Congress. He even outlines why Congress isnt beholden to the justice dept policy that constrained him.

6 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

Trump's base is fired up. He just raked in a huge haul from small money donors. Meanwhile, the DNC can't get anyone to watch their CNN propaganda Town Halls. Maddow is also hemorrhaging viewers. This isn't setting up well for the Dems.

I agree, but Trumps base has always been fired up. 

And there is a simple reason why the Dems will keep this obstruction going, even if they dont go down the impeachment path. The IG  and possibly Huber report will be coming out soon. And if the Dems dont have some shiny object to distract their viewers, the news will be all bad for the Dems.

It’s like you people can’t read. Look at some of the damn quotes directly from the report. 

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/mueller-report-shows-russians-trump-camp-were-friends-benefits-collusion-n996101

"the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts."

"The investigation also identified numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign."

I’m sure all you all think it’s just fine he ordered his council to fire Mueller twice. I’m sure you think it’s fine the people around him admitted openly to lying to Congress and the FBI as well as oftentimes not following the expressed directives of the president. These weren’t meanderings or ideas but expressed directives that went unfollowed. Yeah, all good. 

50 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

How is @OILERMAN and @Jamalisms still a moderator? This is very embarrassing for them. 

You guys should hand over the keys to someone who has more credibility than you two clowns. Time to make myself and @thor the moderators for the politics forum. We would do a much better job.

@OILERMAN

Start a poll

1 hour ago, VaTitan said:

Mueller believes in evidence, facts and the rule of law. He gathered the evidence and facts and presented them to those the law deemed as the people who should be his jury and judges.

Honestly I expect the Dems to do what was done to Clinton. Spend the next 18 months investigating and investigating and hammering in all the facts of what Mueller found until there's just a general sense of distrust of Trump as there should be.

Then if Republicans cave to the facts and want to impeach him, the Dems go for it. If they don't then they run against a president that has an equivalent (or greater) sense of general distrust against him than Clinton did.

It's the middle that wins presidential elections, not the base. He beat Clinton bc the Republicans spent years building this cloud of distrust culminating in Comey reopening the email investigation... and even with that he lost the popular vote.

3 minutes ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

There was no collusion.

No comment on the deletion of messages, the use of encrypted texts, Trump trying to influence the election, the change in the RNC platform?

No collusion, but no comment on some of the documented behavior of the Trump campaign? 

20 minutes ago, Btowner said:

No comment on the deletion of messages, the use of encrypted texts, Trump trying to influence the election, the change in the RNC platform?

No collusion, but no comment on some of the documented behavior of the Trump campaign? 

Nothing coherent.

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Remember Trump’s original claim so long ago?

I and no one in my campaign have ever talked to Russians!

exactly, Trump / Barr succeed in making this about collusion, which was never being investigated to begin with.  Its amazing how Trump is playing his base....lol

The Dem political candidates are best served staying away from this....its a loser.