Mueller Report

ChesterCopperpot1

27 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Barr's letter had very little actually from the Mueller report. Barr was hand picked and cannot be trusted, we have to see the whole report. 

But politically the Democrats have been body slammed. They played this completely backwards. They should have started their own investigations 

The dems lost this round. They never should have been so vocal about collusion. Nadler is a fucking idiot and if they dont curtail him it's going to cost them the big prize in 2020.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its sad many on the right will ignore how bad this report is for Trump. He obstructed justice by any measurable criteria and it will be glossed over by half the country. 

"There wasn't collusion.   There was just a documented, coordinated effort through many layers of the campaign, rising up to the campaign chairman and including the President's own family (n

Posted Images

Just now, patsplat said:

Since the report "totally exonerates" Trump, there's no reason to keep it secret right?

It's not that simple. By law all the grand jury material which is estimated to make up 70-75% of the case, cant be disclosed publicaly. We'll never get the whole report.

I would like to see the report and hopefully it includes the exact charges that started the collusion investigation and the evidence that supports it. Also, would like to see the evidence/reason that Mueller could not exonerate an obstruction charge. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Barr's letter had very little actually from the Mueller report. Barr was hand picked and cannot be trusted, we have to see the whole report. 

But politically the Democrats have been body slammed. They played this completely backwards. They should have started their own investigations 

Barr's statement is an official document to Congress.  If they bring Mueller in, they've already said they will, and it is found that Barr mislead them it would put him in a precarious legal situation.  No one knows that better than Barr.  I don't doubt for a second that he will take the most favorable interpretation but he basically confirmed that they didn't find any evidence of collusion and I feel pretty confident in that finding.  

He was also careful to say it didn't exonerate the president but I find that probably puts him in a similar situation to Hillary Clinton in the runup to the election.  Poor judgment, reckless behavior, but not enough to prosecute or take significant action on.

Wasting resources chasing a ghost makes the Dems look weak and will push people to support Trump.  Now if they can use it to damage him politically, COOL.  DO IT.  You know damn well the Republicans would do it to a Democratic POTUS but they need to be strategic about it or it will backfire.

7 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Barr's statement is an official document to Congress.  If they bring Mueller in, they've already said they will, and it is found that Barr mislead them it would put him in a precarious legal situation.  No one knows that better than Barr.  I don't doubt for a second that he will take the most favorable interpretation but he basically confirmed that they didn't find any evidence of collusion and I feel pretty confident in that finding.  

He was also careful to say it didn't exonerate the president but I find that probably puts him in a similar situation to Hillary Clinton in the runup to the election.  Poor judgment, reckless behavior, but not enough to prosecute or take significant action on.

Wasting resources chasing a ghost makes the Dems look weak and will push people to support Trump.  Now if they can use it to damage him politically, COOL.  DO IT.  You know damn well the Republicans would do it to a Democratic POTUS but they need to be strategic about it or it will backfire.

The statement regarding obstruction is a direct quote from the report. Mueller wrote it so this idea it's from Barr is silly. Mueller went out of his way to basically say they didnt have enough to move forward with obstruction and then it was followed up with news that he left it up to Barr and Rosenstein to determine if it should be pursued. They said no.

Its over, time to move on and focus on the SDNY investigation into the Trump org and potential violation of campaign finance law. Keep hammering Trump on how morally bankrupt he is. Stop the Russia collusion shit. Legally hes been cleared. 

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Its over, time to move on and focus on the SDNY investigation into the Trump org and potential violation of campaign finance law. Keep hammering Trump on how morally bankrupt he is. Stop the Russia collusion shit. Legally hes been cleared. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Until they took the House, Dems had no power to do their own investigations. 

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Until they took the House, Dems had no power to do their own investigations. 

If the dems are smart, they would move on from all the collusion stuff.  We should still get the final report, and attorney's should still pursue Trump but the political message should be about winning their campaign.  Trump knows how to get his folks riled up and I see him winning again if dems dont get their shit together.

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Wake me up on November 3, 2020.  Until then nothing is going to happen.  And hopefully at that point all this madness can come to an end.

I'm just sick of all this.  Trump's going to do what he's going to do and the only way we can stop it is by going to the polls at that time and voting for someone else.

I agree with you on the voting part, but alot has to happen until then.  Trump won this round, and is going to get "his people" fired up.

I've got faith in Pelosi, she needs to silence the impeachment/Russia/collusion talk and focus on campaigning.

1 minute ago, VaTitan said:

I agree with you on the voting part, but alot has to happen until then.  Trump won this round, and is going to get "his people" fired up.

I've got faith in Pelosi, she needs to silence the impeachment/Russia/collusion talk and focus on campaigning.

Well we are a long ways away until then.  We know from the Kavanaugh thing that things can change in an instant.  His base was fired up then yet Trump got destroyed in the mid-terms.

LOL, well deserved.

spacer.png

Admittedly, I'm disappointed as I thought Trump would indeed be implicated in questionable dealings with Russia -- specifically more from Trump's financial dealings.  All the contacts with Russia and Trump's behavior was completely untrustworthy.  Thankfully the investigation proceeded as unhindered as possible and the idea of direct collusion / conspiracy is put to rest -- the primary objective of Mueller's work. For sure Trump's actions and intent impeded the investigation, imo, but that is secondary.

Of bigger concern in the near term imo is that Trump continues to act against USA ideals as he continues to fawn over international strongmen which allows him to be played.  But at least we know it's not due to election leverage from Russia.  All the other shady dealings from Trump need to made plain in the coming year for everyone to assess whether it's "bullshit" or not.  Politically, it's on to 2020, imo

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Good luck on any so called campaign finance violation.   No chance whatsoever anything will come out of it more than a slap on a wrist, like Obama and Edwards.

They can certainly hammer him on being morally bankrupt, but it's not like this was unknown in 2016.